Paul Heckingbottom

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Heckingbottom Out!

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:30 pm The whole point of making the change was to make a charge for top 6 . .

If it wasnt then theres no reason to change.

Orta and Radz believe this is a top 6 squad (it isnt).

So they brought Hecky in to make a push.

5 games later we are 1 point better off . . . . . .

Cant blame TC for that so who do you blame?

Radz and Orta for the squad
The players themselves
Hecky
Or all of them.

Ultimately as people said when TC was sacked, the buck stops with the manager.

So Hecky has come from a relegation battle and brought relegation form.

Wont accept "yeah but he has played the better sides" Thats a defeatist attitude imo . We are Leeds United we should be one of those better sides. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, ffs Boro couldn't beat Sunderland last week!!!! So the better sides argument holds no water.

Didnt want him from day 1, opinion hasn't changed. He is extremely fortunate to have the leeds job. And there are 5 or 6 players in the starting 11 who are extremely fortunate to be at Leeds in this league as well.
The other answer is that neither TC or Hecky are / were the right manager.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:38 pm Obviously not on your delusional planet ! Whether it be TC or Heck or any other manager, our squad is not top six quality and why would it be given the scattergun approach that brought it together. I get pissed off with the rolling out of the 'big club' bollocks and having supported the team since 1964 I know we were once BIG but now we are a mid table championship club dependant on someone with a few bob buying us !!
If we're not a big club anymore then why are you bothered about us not having a top six squad?

Or are you quite happy for us to be mid-table and you're not that bothered about who the manager is?
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

My feeling is that Heckingbottom needs some assistance. Maybe `the Hock` could be lured to give it another try....or Junior Lewis maybe? Sorry, but just can`t help myself from laughing how things on a regular basis turn from hope to despair with Leeds.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:39 pm Basic Fact after watching alot of LUFC both on tele and at Elland Rd and lots of Championship teams on TV.........we are nothing special, just mid table, the squad aint up to the job no matter who is in charge. Hecky has been hoodwinked by the LUFC 'we are a big club' philosophy, but he has inherited a second rate squad. Lets be honest, in an average championship league, we may struggle to maintain mid table !!
Indeed mate :tup: we are no better than many of the teams below us
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:25 am Indeed mate :tup: we are no better than many of the teams below us
Then why did you want Christiansen out?

It makes no sense.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

fred wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:03 am My feeling is that Heckingbottom needs some assistance. Maybe `the Hock` could be lured to give it another try....or Junior Lewis maybe? Sorry, but just can`t help myself from laughing how things on a regular basis turn from hope to despair with Leeds.
Or Warnock could come back.

He'd have loved a squad as good as this when he was here.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:38 pm Obviously not on your delusional planet ! Whether it be TC or Heck or any other manager, our squad is not top six quality and why would it be given the scattergun approach that brought it together. I get pissed off with the rolling out of the 'big club' bollocks and having supported the team since 1964 I know we were once BIG but now we are a mid table championship club dependant on someone with a few bob buying us !!
Good man :tup: you have supported Leeds as long as me. 63/64 season was when I first was hooked & mesmerised by the lads in all-white

We are no longer a big club just an ordinary championship club as you rightly say

As I become older I have no expectations for success anymore, that was knocked out of me years ago !
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:34 am Good man :tup: you have supported Leeds as long as me. 63/64 season was when I first was hooked & mesmerised by the lads in all-white

We are no longer a big club just an ordinary championship club as you rightly say

As I become older I have no expectations for success anymore, that was knocked out of me years ago !
Then why are you on here ranting and raving about players and managers?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:50 pm This squad contains at best 5-6 players who can be part of a team capable of a push for promotion.
Yesterday they looked and were soo bad, that not a single player looked good enough for a top 6 team.
We aren`t as bad as yestardays performance suggests, but it certainly did show that we are
way short of a team capable of promotion.
Will the younger players get better? Maybe, doubt it though. So not looking too good all in all.
If I was Pontus or Saiz I'd be very disappointed with the players around me. We rely on these two much, unfortunately their own game is being dragged down to the average standard of the rest of the squad, both looked poor & frustrated tonight
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:43 am Then why are you on here ranting and raving about players and managers?
Because I enjoy discussing Leeds United :scar1
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:33 am Or Warnock could come back.

He'd have loved a squad as good as this when he was here.
No need he has a far better squad at Cardiff, a team he built whom have thumped seven goals past us this season. Easy meat for Warnock when you have proper quality who are tough mentally & physically in your squad
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:31 am Then why did you want Christiansen out?

It makes no sense.
Because just because the team is bad no reason to assume the manager isn't too would be a logical answer. Personally I think this is a team with potential ruined by a bad manager and now under the control of maybe another poor manager. But I want some more evidence of the latter before I fully commit.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:53 am No need he has a far better squad at Cardiff, a team he built whom have thumped seven goals past us this season. Easy meat for Warnock when you have proper quality who are tough mentally & physically in your squad
They were down the bottom of the league when he went there. If he'd had time here he could have done the same with us.

It's typical of us that when we have the players we don't have the manager, and when we have the manager we don't have the players.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:45 am Because I enjoy discussing Leeds United :scar1
Can you not be more ambitious in your discussions then?
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:54 am Because just because the team is bad no reason to assume the manager isn't too would be a logical answer. Personally I think this is a team with potential ruined by a bad manager and now under the control of maybe another poor manager. But I want some more evidence of the latter before I fully commit.
But the team has been above mid-table all season, top of the league for a spell and in touch with the play-offs.

If a manager does that with a mid-table squad then he's doing well.

You may think the team is better than mid-table, but others are running the players down all over the place and Christiansen, too.
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

radebe88 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:55 am I honestly wish they would get rid of him now. Knowing he is here until the end of the season is depressing enough. I hated the nonsensical appointment when it happened and he is worse than I imagined. Fancy having no game plan, have to make radical changes twice in a match and then telling a set of players low on confidence that this is the reality of their capabilities. He isn’t a manager, a leader or even a coach. He talks like someone that has won premierships and champions league trophies and he is here doing us a favour the narcissistic prick.

Even more worryingly was how a lot of the facial expressions out there were of players that aren’t enjoying their football and have given up hope.

Those that have noticed my posts before know that I usually ask for time with managers and even players but this is completely different. Barnsley please ask for him back
But these are the managers that get talked up and supported the most by the fans.

Grayson was exactly the same and there's a bloody banner with him on it outside the ground as one of our greatest managers.

Why is it so hard for this club to have a proper manager? Why do our owners have to keep taking the piss with these losers?

Why do the fans and media lap them up?

He's all 4-4-2 and second balls and high line and all the pub team garbage.

This is Leeds United, where's the bloody pride?

I was happy with Rosler, then crackpot Cellino sacks him and we get fat Steve Evans and tread water all season!

I was happy with Christiansen, then our new crackpot Italian brings in another lower league no mark, who turns a bad run into a nightmare run with the best players back!

It's embarrassing for everybody!

Why was there a petition about a badge but none about this manager?

Why can't the fans ask for a proper manager?

Why would you buy a season ticket with this guy in charge?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Clive wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:16 am But these are the managers that get talked up and supported the most by the fans.

Grayson was exactly the same and there's a bloody banner with him on it outside the ground as one of our greatest managers.

Why is it so hard for this club to have a proper manager? Why do our owners have to keep taking the piss with these losers?

Why do the fans and media lap them up?

He's all 4-4-2 and second balls and high line and all the pub team garbage.

This is Leeds United, where's the bloody pride?

I was happy with Rosler, then crackpot Cellino sacks him and we get fat Steve Evans and tread water all season!

I was happy with Christiansen, then our new crackpot Italian brings in another lower league no mark, who turns a bad run into a nightmare run with the best players back!

It's embarrassing for everybody!

Why was there a petition about a badge but none about this manager?

Why can't the fans ask for a proper manager?

Why would you buy a season ticket with this guy in charge?
Sorry, but can we cut out all the swearing?
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:21 am Sorry, but can we cut out all the swearing?
Two bloodies and a piss?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gessa was right....you are so angry and aggressive. Why?
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:31 am Gessa was right....you are so angry and aggressive. Why?
Gessa called me a prick, I never swore at him.

If you have a problem with swearing why didn't you pick him up on that.

We've had 15 years of joke managers and I can't throw in a couple of bloodies and a piss?

I think this forum automatically edits s**t or worse.