Pablo Hernandez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Pablo Hernandez

Post by 1964white »

Class, immense, sublime again today

What more needs to be said about Pablo
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can you fit Hernandez and Saiz in the same 442? Assuming Forshaw and a defensive mid?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:20 pm Can you fit Hernandez and Saiz in the same 442? Assuming Forshaw and a defensive mid?
Probably would have to 4-4-3 or 4-5-1
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Would probably have to go to more of a diamond midfield with presumably Forshaw as the defensive midfield, Saiz as the attacking midfielder, Hernadez and 1 other as the 2 wider players with Hernandez and Saiz given license to rotate.

Either that or you go to a 451 with Ekuban and Hernandez as the 2 wide players who are expected to get into the box as often as they can along with Saiz from the no.10 role. The 451 may suit the team better as we now have fullbacks rather than wingbacks (if we go with LeBock and Berardi) so it gives the 2 wide attackers less defensive responsibility.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No contract talks with us according to Pablo.

Cooper, O'Kane, Philips, should all have been after Pablo on the talks side.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:19 pm No contract talks with us according to Pablo.

Cooper, O'Kane, Philips, should all have been after Pablo on the talks side.
Got to be worth another year, from the quotes sounds like Pablo happy to stay.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:41 pm Got to be worth another year, from the quotes sounds like Pablo happy to stay.
Got to be.

Our most talented player, just a shame he is in his 30s.

Saiz is like a slightly less talented prime Pablo imo.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.footballinsider247.com/orta ... mminently/

More good news.

Praised Victor twice now :o
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:19 pm https://www.footballinsider247.com/orta ... mminently/

More good news.

Praised Victor twice now :o
Thank god for that, hopefully we'll hold to one of the few class players we have in our squad
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A half fit 32 year old was our best attacking player and he only played half the game.

Did more inside 2 minutes then Sacko did in 45.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'd play him over Saiz now in the hole, Saiz on the wing or on the bench for me.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:05 am I'd play him over Saiz now in the hole, Saiz on the wing or on the bench for me.
Agreed.

Stand by what i said about Pablo being a better player then Saiz. Not taking anything away from the good things Samu has done.

But only area he beats Pablo imo is pace.

Vision, intelligence, passing, technique , Pablo is better imo.

And thats what you need from a number 10.

Saiz may thrive on the wing with his pace and dribbling and Pablo playing those clever passes.
Signed

King Cjay

Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:05 am I'd play him over Saiz now in the hole, Saiz on the wing or on the bench for me.
Heckingbottom has even turned you against Saiz now.

How about Heckingbottom off the bench and a proper manager in his place and we'll see the best of Saiz again.

Alioski, Saiz and Hernandez should play as 3 in behind.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Yes indeed it should not be about playing 1 instead of the other but playing both of them as they play well together and also getting Alioski back in as he works well with them. The more players we can have on the pitch that can actually hurt the opposition then the better we will be. For all I like Dallas's workrate he seems much better as an impact sub. We played our best football with Alioski, Saiz and Hernandez all playing and interchanging with each other. Let's play our strongest team again and actually try to win a match. Forshaw and Vieira both holding the midfield and then those 3 with license to roam and Lasogga up top. Dallas and Ekuban to come off the bench against tiring defences and you know what we suddenly loo like a team capable of scoring goals. The 2 midfielders able to protect the back 4 and feed the 3 attacking midfielders and guess what we may begin to look a bit more solid defensively too.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clive wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:32 am Heckingbottom has even turned you against Saiz now.

How about Heckingbottom off the bench and a proper manager in his place and we'll see the best of Saiz again.

Alioski, Saiz and Hernandez should play as 3 in behind.
Yes with the younger and faster players doing more of the donkey work on the flanks.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Conspiracy theory again.

Maybe Pablo doesnt want to sign another deal? I know he says he does but perhaps he has had enough.

32 going on 33, playing in a side worse off then last season, a 3rd manager. A standout performer last season but shoehorned into a position he is probably a bit old for now.

Maybe he will just say "enough is enough " and go abroad for more money or to a Championship side with more going for it who will play him in a role he is more comfortable in?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Marked him down on ratings, seems was wrong going by the stats. Apparently another masterclass.

Lovely control to bring the ball into his path, then technique to curl it in.

If he doesnt stay (although Mrs Pablo has said today she isnt keen to leave Leeds) certainly goes down as one of the best Players of my lifetime at Leeds. A class act.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I had a look back to page 1 of this thread and was absolutely staggered to find that people were praising him for playing well before the messiah Paul Heckingbottom arrived.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:58 pm Marked him down on ratings, seems was wrong going by the stats. Apparently another masterclass.

Lovely control to bring the ball into his path, then technique to curl it in.

If he doesnt stay (although Mrs Pablo has said today she isnt keen to leave Leeds) certainly goes down as one of the best Players of my lifetime at Leeds. A class act.
Don't know if your streams went down in the second-half Cjay ?

It certainly was a masterclass performance from Pablo, wasn't just his marvellous goal he controlled the game & made us tick with his slick passing