Thomas Christiansen Sacked

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Thomas Christiansen Sacked

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 am It was well documented that TC presented a detailed summary in his interview for the post at ER on where Leeds went wrong under Monk

I wonder if he'll analyse his own short-comings ?
The trouble is that the things that were right under Monk were mainly down to Green, Bartley, PJ and Wood - arguably we improved on the things that were wrong (the main bit the lack of creativity). Whilst yes in hindsight he may have done things differently I wonder how Monk would have done at Leeds this season with this team - considering how poor he fared with a better Boro team. I think Monk jumped ship at the right time because he knew the team was in freefall and that Wood would likely be gone and Bartley was wanted by Swansea.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:20 am I think Monk jumped ship at the right time because he knew the team was in freefall and that Wood would likely be gone and Bartley was wanted by Swansea.
Lets not forget he was more than likely offered a very good deal at Boro and saw straight away once AR came in he wanted to appoint his own yes man. In stepped TC.....
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I wouldn't necessarily agree that TC was a yes man but as a foreign coach/manager he was much more suited to how the role is at the club than a typical english manager. You get given the tools (probably an honest description of some of the signings/players) and have to try to make the most of them.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

The Hock has shown his interest....
hector

Post by hector »

So has Alan Smith....... :shock: :shock:

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Kewell is available....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

for children' parties and hen nights
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
johnny wadd
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @jnicholson53

Post by johnny wadd »

bilic for me, unlucky to get sacked by west ham
mclaren nooooooooooooooooooo !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:27 am I wouldn't necessarily agree that TC was a yes man but as a foreign coach/manager he was much more suited to how the role is at the club than a typical english manager. You get given the tools (probably an honest description of some of the signings/players) and have to try to make the most of them.
TBF he kept using a hammer as a screw driver, a pair of pliers as a hammer and couldn't figure out what a klich was
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

faaip wrote: TBF he kept using a hammer as a screw driver, a pair of pliers as a hammer and couldn't figure out what a klich was
Lmao. Shouldn't laugh really as its sad but true.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Thomas Christiansen Sacked/Tweet from Thomas

Post by 1964white »

Touching words to our fans

Screenshot 2018-02-09 at 22.33.03.png
Screenshot 2018-02-09 at 22.33.03.png (156.24 KiB) Viewed 3991 times
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

http://sportwitness.co.uk/christiansen- ... ip-budget/

Hes probably about right.

Villa, Derby, Sheffield Weds, Fulham, Wolves, Boro, Norwich, Birmingham, Cardiff, Hull would all probably have bigger budgets then us.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Nothing we didn't already suspect, even assuming it's true

12th is probably higher than Cellino and a lot higher than Bates/GFH....going in the right direction then.

I'd also imagine a number of teams above us have smaller budgets and some of the bigger ones are below us...see, coaching not money
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Former Leeds United head coach Thomas Christiansen has pinpointed Samuel Saiz’s six-game spitting ban as the moment which condemned him to the sack at Elland Road

"Samuel Saiz was our most important player in the offensive part of the game and we couldn’t afford to buy a new one. Suspensions and injuries piled up. The squad just wasn’t big enough for us to replace those players"
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 pm
"Samuel Saiz was our most important player in the offensive part of the game and we couldn’t afford to buy a new one. Suspensions and injuries piled up. The squad just wasn’t big enough for us to replace those players"
And look what that lack of ambition has led to, 12th place in a very average league.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:19 pm And look what that lack of ambition has led to, 12th place in a very average league.
I'll tell you GurJ....Radz is a businessman, not a football man. He is here to make as much money as he possibly can. He got our fans on his side by buying the ground not with his dosh I hasten to add.

Leeds fans came flooding back with 21,000 season-tickets sold consequently we haven't had one bad home attendance yet even with the TV coverage. We are on the telly every other week.

Then you only have to look where he is concentrating his efforts :

Badge
Rugby League matches at ER
Boxing advertising
Outdoor bar
New advertising signage flashing around the perimiters of the pitch
2018/19 Season tickets on sale now
Ten's of U21/U23 young players in the hope he can make millions if one of them come good

Nowhere near enough on the pitch where it matters as far as our fans are concerned. As a team we were better last season, all it needed was a bit of tinkering. This lot are incapable of achieving 7th place

Had my reservations from the start & nothing significant has happened to change my mind.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:41 pm Former Leeds United head coach Thomas Christiansen has pinpointed Samuel Saiz’s six-game spitting ban as the moment which condemned him to the sack at Elland Road

"Samuel Saiz was our most important player in the offensive part of the game and we couldn’t afford to buy a new one Suspensions and injuries piled up. The squad just wasn’t big enough for us to replace those players"
Christainsen's words above

We must be the only club to be owned by two sets of Italian & Arab owners who claim they haven't got the funds :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Radz isn't a wealthy man in footballing terms. I'd imagine personally he isnt even as wealthy as Cellino who was reported to have a fortune of about £700mil.

Radz I'd guess is at most half that.

Sold part of his business that was valued at £1bill. Sold over half so say 600mil, he gets half of that.

So 300mil he got.

Radz was never likely to spend huge money, he doesnt have it.

Always was aiming to make money on the comparatively cheap.

Sign cheap sell high.

No problem with that but it isnt inspiring to the fans if it means selling the best and replacing with punts.

Which is basically the same as the last 15 years. At the moment he just has better PR then those before him imo.

The hope with Radz was his connections to supremely wealthy people, could still happen of course. But if it doesnt i dont see there being a change in strategy.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure why we're condemning the man for not being super rich, it is what it is. Also what's this bull s**t we didn't have another Saiz, we just saw two really good performances from Hernandez, the perfect Saiz replacement. This is just TC sour grapes I'm afraid.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not condemning, just stating a fact.

Hernandez has come into form, but until recently he wasnt in good form. The only player who can replace Saiz is Pablo,, but he also happens to be our best left winger, so someone replaces him there. . . . .

We havent players of equal quality to cover for both.
Signed

King Cjay