Andrea Radrizzani 'apology'

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Andrea Radrizzani 'apology'

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United chairman Andrea Radrizzani has apologised to supporters for appointing Thomas Christiansen as boss

"I did a mistake and I am sorry. I apologise for the lack of results," the Italian told Sky Sports News.

"At the same time I ask the fans to support Leeds because we need to believe as the season is still young."
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Andrea Radrizzani 'apology'

Post by Cjay »

Dont like that at all.

Trashing TC doesnt sit well with me, describing him as a "mistake" is disrespectful imo.

Mid table squad, mid table recruitment, we are mid table.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:10 pm Dont like that at all.

Trashing TC doesnt sit well with me, describing him as a "mistake" is disrespectful imo.

Mid table squad, mid table recruitment, we are mid table.

Agreed CJay, very disrespectful. Can't wait until he realises what a BIG mistake it was employing Orta.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 pm Agreed CJay, very disrespectful. Can't wait until he realises what a BIG mistake it was employing Orta.
He could have just thanked him for his efforts, these things happen, didnt work out , etc etc.

Seems like he blames TC for everything, not the players, not Orta, not the recruitment, absolving Orta of any blame at all.

He also implied that we have reached our wage limit and will only look for young players next season, not very inspiring.

Totally threw TC under the bus.

Didnt Bates do similar to Grayson?
Signed

King Cjay

MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

If this is referring to the Phil Hay interview in the YEP then I fully concur with what has been said so far, poor form. In part 2 of the interview he defends Orta! I'd like to think there is more to this interview, as the questions don't seem challenging Radz enough in relation to Orta's role. Will we be getting a sense of deja vu in a few months time if our new coach doesn't work out?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Comes across as I'm sorry for appointing him (TC) but then it was all his (TC) fault. It might be that PH gets more out of the squad, an example being that now Lasogga has had time to get over the new born baby, getting settled and his injuries. If Lasogga goes on a goalscoring run a lot of other things will fall into place but what TC needed were other options for hwen Lasogga was out rather than having to rely on Roofe. If we get our strongest XI on the pitch and they click we are a decent team what we/TC needed, and didn't have, were the options to be able to make changes and the squad simply wasn't strong enough. What I would have preferred would have been AR to say 'We have all made some mistakes and it is important that we learn from them and improve the way we do things so that the new manager has a better chance to succeed."
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

i agree its a bit of a disrespectful comment

other interesting comments were that:

forshaw only cost 3 million ( i thought the figure quoted was higher at around 4.5 mil which is good news)

the wage bill has jumped by 7 million. if the max wage is 15k a week that's an extra 9 players on 15k a week as compared with last season - I have no idea how that can be correct. if it is he's wasting a load of money because we don't have that much more quality in the squad

describes roberts as one of the best talents in the country :duno:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006915 (part 1)

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9006971 (part2).

for anyone who hasnt seen them.

Appreciate him coming out and speaking but there is some worrying bits in there.

"expected TC to rotate more over the xmas period, but he didnt and had to make 10 changes for Newport". Fair enough, but the players who couldn't beat Newport were the same players who Radz expected TC to bring in for the league over Xmas?

"wage bill is to high, ideally wants 20 1st team plus a few from the academy" . .something about we see who is good enough to stay from the academy . . .Well, theres probably millions of pounds spent on players for the academy, shouldnt you know there good enough before you sign 50 of them?

Just all sounds like , not me guv, blame TC, the rest of us did good. Feel sorry for him in a way, its clear Orta influences him greatly.
Signed

King Cjay

MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Reading the interview I am under the impression Radz is not sure what he is doing, which is why he is backing Orta to the hilt. To say we only need a squad of 20 with the youth making up the rest is in my opinion a mistake. A few injuries and suspensions and we will end up in the situation we are in now. He says the wage bill has gone up by £7 million! I'd like to see the figures behind that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 pm Agreed CJay, very disrespectful. Can't wait until he realises what a BIG mistake it was employing Orta.
I've said all along I've had reservations about Radz, right now he comes across as someone not to be trusted
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:49 pm i agree its a bit of a disrespectful comment

other interesting comments were that:

forshaw only cost 3 million ( i thought the figure quoted was higher at around 4.5 mil which is good news)

the wage bill has jumped by 7 million. if the max wage is 15k a week that's an extra 9 players on 15k a week as compared with last season - I have no idea how that can be correct. if it is he's wasting a load of money because we don't have that much more quality in the squad

describes roberts as one of the best talents in the country :duno:
Oliver Sarkic, Quasim Buoy, Yosuke Ideguchi, Aapo Halme, Ryan Edmondson, Sam Dalby, Oriol Rey, Pascal Struijk, Adrian Balboa, Madger Gomes, Jordan Stevens, all players signed who we havent seen yet in the first team.

Got to add up, even just a few grand a week each will cost millions :dun:
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Does make me wonder if Radz is looking to give Orta the boot too !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 pm I've said all along I've had reservations about Radz, right now he comes across as someone not to be trusted
Always thought he wasnt the main man, there is someone in the background imo, would explain our Aspire links and such, fair enough.

He is a businessman, he isnt a supremely wealthy one that we know off, sold some of his business , valued at 1bill apparently, so maybe he made few hundred mill there. But he said he had invested £100mill in us already, doesnt strike me as someone who has that sort of cash?

Think he has been badly advised since he arrived, think the interview was well meaning, but poorly done, came across as a bit of a snake.

Dont like the nagging question, who really is running Leeds?

Is it Radz, is it Orta, or is it these silent partners that many suspect exist and the media have alluded to in the past?
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

MightyWhites wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:04 pm Reading the interview I am under the impression Radz is not sure what he is doing, which is why he is backing Orta to the hilt. To say we only need a squad of 20 with the youth making up the rest is in my opinion a mistake. A few injuries and suspensions and we will end up in the situation we are in now. He says the wage bill has gone up by £7 million! I'd like to see the figures behind that.
I agree there.

Think Radz is listening to Orta to much.

Orta-"Tell you what Radz, we sign lots of young lads on the cheap in a few years we sell for huge cash".

Radz- " But what about the 1st team"

Orta-" Its fine we have spent enough there".

Radz- "Its good enough for top 6?

Orta-" Absolutely, a good manager will get top 6".

Thats how i imagine the conversation went.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 pm Always thought he wasnt the main man, there is someone in the background imo, would explain our Aspire links and such, fair enough

He is a businessman, he isnt a supremely wealthy one that we know off, sold some of his business , valued at 1bill apparently, so maybe he made few hundred mill there. But he said he had invested £100mill in us already, doesnt strike me as someone who has that sort of cash?

Think he has been badly advised since he arrived, think the interview was well meaning, but poorly done, came across as a bit of a snake.

Dont like the nagging question, who really is running Leeds?

Is it Radz, is it Orta, or is it these silent partners that many suspect exist and the media have alluded to in the past?
I wouldn't be surprised :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Dont think it's good. Thank the man and move on.

I'm not sure how much of a mistake it was either, did he do that badly? Many others at Leeds have had chances with similar squads and achieved less. This team requires consistent investment and improvements over several seasons.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He hasnt demanded top 6 off Hecky "because of a poor run". But hopes for it.

Sorry, doesn't wash with me and again seems to be blaming TC.

How about blaming the players or the man who signed them?

Theres 48 points left to play for, plenty enough for a squad "good enough for top 6".

If TC cant use poor discipline and individual errors as an excuse then Orta and Radz cant use a poor run with 48 points left as an excuse for not demanding top 6.

Subtly lowering expectations while taking no blame themselves and making excuse for Hecky before 1 game.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 pm I wouldn't be surprised :tup:
“When I spoke to Victor and the owners it really aligned with what I was thinking and how I want to work and I assume that’s the reason why they thought I was the right man for the job. Hopefully that will be good going forwards.

"Owners"Paul? :twisted:
Signed

King Cjay

LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

I agree with him, TC was a mistake, he should never have been appointed in the first place. I respect him for owning up to his mistakes and apologizing to the fans. I can however agree on some level it could have been worded a little better as it did sound a little disrespectful, maybe its a cultural or language difference., I don't know.

One thing I dont understand is all the Orta battering,,, I dont get it? The players that he bought in imo have actually done that bad at all. Well the ones that have played anyway,

Siaz - Signing speaks for its self.
Alioski - Impressive first season so far, many MOTM performances including goals of the month awards
Lassoga - Okay bit of a lump and slow but scored some goals.
Forshaw - Early days but feedback is a very good player and better that what we have now and previous.
O'Kane - Steady head in the middle of the park. Good addition (Could be wrong but he was a Orta signing correct?)
Grot - Promising player for the future, hes 19 and stuck in first team to early
Cibiski - When played looks a talented young player, good passer and crosser of the ball
Ekuban - I rate this lad very highly, I think he will be excellent player in the future
Roberts - Again a player for the future, adimtted I know little about this fella.
Klich - No idea never given a decent chance in the side to prove himself.

So in a nut shell he has actually imo brought in some very good additions to the squad, I honestly don't think TC was the best man to bring out the best in these players. The only thing I will be critical of Orta for is the Goal keeper and Defensive situation. This was never addressed the way it should have been, but he is not at fault for the current suspensions list, lack of desire to play football, poor tactics, and substitutions TC made. I honestly still don't think TC knew his best formation and starting 11 now.