Alexis Sanchez

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Alexis Sanchez

Post by 1964white »

Great player but yet another crooked footballer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42979212
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Alexis Sanchez

Post by weasel »

To be honest it is more their advisors than them. They will have people around them that deal with the money side of things, a bit like with companies and celebrities over here, who will look into all the loopholes to try to get around paying tax. Ask any working person if they would rather pay 5% or 20% tax and the majority would be be happy to take the 5% and not be too bothered about how it was being done as long as it was legal.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:41 pm Great player but yet another crooked footballer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42979212
Yet another of the wealthy trying to avoid making their proper contribution to society,
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Glad I haven't got a dodgy accountant ;-)
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:26 pm Glad I haven't got a dodgy accountant ;-)
Is that because you are a dodgy accountant?? :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:39 pm Is that because you are a dodgy accountant?? :roflmao:
:rol: :rol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

He wont pay a penny.

The Red lot will cover the cost on the quiet.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

HarryofOz wrote:

Yet another of the wealthy trying to avoid making their proper contribution to society,
I'm not taking issue Harry, but I'm interested in what do you mean by the term proper contribution, because that doesn't necessarily mean just pay their taxes?

What's your definition of proper contribution please?

1) The taxes they should pay after their accountants have earmarked the applicable loopholes and expenses.
2) The taxes they would have to pay if there were no loopholes, bearing in mind that some of those loopholes will cover legitimate expenses as well as write-offs they can exploit.
3) Because of their high earnings they should pay tax at a much higher rate or fund some social cause commensurate with their disposable income.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:39 pm I'm not taking issue Harry, but I'm interested in what do you mean by the term proper contribution, because that doesn't necessarily mean just pay their taxes?

1) The taxes they should pay after their accountants have earmarked the applicable loopholes and expenses.
2) The taxes they would have to pay if there were no loopholes, bearing in mind that some of those loopholes will cover legitimate expenses as well as write-offs they can exploit.
3) Because of their high earnings they should pay tax at a much higher rate or fund some social cause commensurate with their disposable income.
I mean don't manipulate economic reality by creating legal smokescreens to hide your real income.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

So choice 2 then?
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Norm wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:58 amSo choice 2 then?
Yep
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

OK, thanks Harry - appreciate your candour.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Norm wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:39 pm I'm not taking issue Harry, but I'm interested in what do you mean by the term proper contribution, because that doesn't necessarily mean just pay their taxes?

Sanchez has accepted a 16-month suspended jail sentence for tax fraud in return for avoiding a trial.

He is a criminal...full stop...he is a greedy ba***rd...his lack of paying tax has contributed to the man in the street waiting 2 months extra to have his cancer screening at his local hospital.
It's despicable.
No loopholes here...if it was a loophole he would not have got a suspended jail sentence...it's rotten.

Pay you tax Sanchez like everyone else..it's GREED.....through and through !! :rant:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Just so anyone knows, I was assuming guilt at some level and wasn't questioning it.
I was asking Harry what he thought the contribution to the taxman and/or the state ought to be for such high earners.

I tend to agree with Harry but certainly not just for footballers.
Unfortunately the situation we have is far from unusual and the rich get richer.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

What Ronan said. The rich continue to get richer, and do everything they can (legally or otherwise) to ensure that wealth remains in the hands of the very few. Meanwhile, the rest of us scrabble around trying to earn a living and keep the wolf from the door. When the revolution comes, we're going to need a f**king big wall!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson