Lassogga/Pundits Views

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Lassogga/Pundits Views

Post by 1964white »

In a recent interview, Lasogga got asked to grade his move to Leeds Utd 1-6 (one being the best, and 6 being the worst)

This is what he said: “I would give a 2. We had a couple of defeats in the last matches and have ended up 10th, seven points back off play-off place, 6th. We can catch up in the 16 remaining games with the new coach. In the summer I have long wondered if the step to Leeds is the right one. Now I am convinced that in my situation at the HSV in the summer I got everything right.”

Sky Sports pundits Ian Wright, Dennis Wise and Liam Rosenior have offered their opinions on Heckingbottoms ER appointment

Dennis Wise: I find it strange in those circumstances
"I can understand the attraction, Leeds United Football Club is a wonderful football club, a big club that needs to go places, I just can't understand what he's done.

"In the way that he's done it to sign on the Friday and disappear and three or four days later, I find that very, very strange in those circumstances.

"I think to myself did he know beforehand?

"Sometimes clubs come along and they look at managers knowing that they are maybe getting rid of the other one and it happens in the world of football."

Liam Rosenior: Stability is needed at Leeds
"You don't want to point fingers but I think Riyad Mahrez should get the number off Paul Heckingbottom's agent!

"Sometimes these things come up and it's hard, you talk about loyalty in football with Mahrez and you have personal ambitions that you want to fulfil and maybe Paul Heckingbottom wants to manage the biggest club possible in his career at this time and Leeds is a huge football club.

"Huge football club with huge potential, as a manager there in terms of your timespan that you've got to work with a team, they need to have some stability at that football club if they want to get back to where they probably believe they should be.

"In the size of the club they should be a Premier League side, there needs to be some stability at that football club and if he gets that time in order to implement his processes, then he has a good chance of success there."

Ian Wright: He's putting himself on the line
"You say that but you've got Leeds and the way Leeds are currently, they are trigger happy.

"For him to leave Barnsley, which obviously they love him and he done great for them like we are just hearing, to go to a place that is so volatile in the way that they sack managers...

"He's given up a lot in respects of his love for Barnsley and what the Barnsley fans will think of him.

"I'm not sure what they do think of him right now.

"To go to Leeds, a place where it is pretty unstable itself in the way that they treat managers, I think he's taking a big chance there and we all know it's a massive club, I suppose it's worth trying to take the chance but I think he's put himself on the line."

Thoughts ?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Lassogga/Pundits Views

Post by Norm »

He's certainly put himself 'On the Line' but as long as he doesn't get any premature negativity about himself we may have a chance of a good result.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Sounds like outsiders with no clue regarding LUFC have come up with some uniformed bullshit to justify their positions as pundits...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

who the hell is Mahrez and what's he got to do with LUFC...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:10 am Sounds like outsiders with no clue regarding LUFC have come up with some uniformed bullshit to justify their positions as pundits...
Overpaid puppets who know nothing about LUFC voicing their worthless opinions
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

As much as dislike him, and yes a lot has changed since he worked for us but we can hardly say Dennis Wise knows nothing about LUFC ?
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote:who the hell is Mahrez and what's he got to do with LUFC...
can't tell if joking or.... :lol:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

What have the pundits said that is incorrect?

The only thing I'd say to Ian Wright, is no matter how much Barnsley supposedly love him, I think there is a great chance he would have been sacked at the end of the season (at the latest) given their results.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:38 pm can't tell if joking or.... :lol:
Not joking, never heard of him ...any reason why I should have?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:11 pm Not joking, never heard of him ...any reason why I should have?
I'll give you a couple of clues Faaip :P

Class player who has won a Premiership title medal & he has scored against Leeds
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Partnered Vardy in Leicester's EPL-winning team.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

What's he got to do with us? ...
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

faaip wrote:
What's he got to do with us? ...
No idea - wasn't explained.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

faaip wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40 pm What's he got to do with us? ...
He is basically saying he should get the same agent as PH. He signed a new deal days before we triggered and paid a large by out clause in he contact. Suggesting Mahrez wants out at Leicester this agent could have worked some magic like PH agent in regards to get Barnsley a pay out and the man has the right to move. Currently Mahrez is being frozen out at Leicester and so he should, he signed a contract and just because a club werent willing to trigger the multi million buyout fee doesnt mean he gets to leave. You signed a contract, stick to it. Greed!