What is the minimum you expect from Heck ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What is the minimum you expect from Heck ?

Post by The Subhuman »

Fans wanna hope Orta has got the players, in general, right. We've added 30 ish on 3/4 year contracts. Weasel has recently been applauding that tactic (probably rightly) but if we're saying the players in the first team have been poorly scouted and added then the whole barrel could be tainted ...all on long contracts outside of the odd loan.

Personally I think we missed on Weidwald and Lassoga (loan anyway) but the rest look promising
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:59 pm Yes I know I've said Barnsley are one of the worst team I've seen and that does come down to the coach. But I've never said he's the one and did say that a change of scenery can work wonders...

I know that you and Weasel liked TC as a coach and think he just needs the right players to turn it around but you've no evidence for that ...plus how much would it cost us to ditch a few 4 year contracts (That everyone was raving about as good business sense earlier) and get in the right players plus who are the right players?

Personally I think the players are a top 6 squad and just need a good coach to bring that out but that's for another thread
The contracts arent down to TC though, thats Orta's fault or Radz, cant blame TC for wasting money there.

Certain players should have never been given those contracts, but again not down to TC.

You are correct, i do think TC would have got us up with Wood, Taylor and Bartley, but we shall never know.

As i have no evidence for that, there is no evidence to suggest Hecky can get anymore out of a depleted squad missing key players either.

Anyway, as long as he keeps Alioski in the first 11 im happy :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:29 pm Anyway, as long as he keeps Alioski in the first 11 im happy :)
Maybe Heck will get the best out of him, then you'll be delirious CJay :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:39 pm Maybe Heck will get the best out of him, then you'll be delirious CJay :lol:
:love:

This is what i expect, get the best out of players who have shown quality. Forshaw, Alioski, Saiz, Lassie, Vieira, Roofe etc. If he can do that then he will win me over.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

64 you really need to make your mind up - constantly slagging off Orta for his signings yet now suggesting the squad is good enough to be top6??????
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:25 pm 64 you really need to make your mind up - constantly slagging off Orta for his signings yet now suggesting the squad is good enough to be top6??????
I meant to edit the last paragraph of Faaip's post as I don't think we have enough to make a challenge for the top six. What with all our suspensions/injuries a play-off place is out of our reach I feel.

I just hope Heck can make us competitive & stops the rot

Orta's signings have been generally poor in the main
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I hope to be pleasantly surprised by PH. The huge concern is still the 1 in 16 which sort of suggests he was like a rabbit caught in the headlights and couldn't seem to turn it around given how poor a lot of teams in the championship are you would expect all teams to be capable of more than 1 win in 16. We can only hope that they were a) truly awful and PH had no chance b) PH was doing well to make them competitive and they were unlucky in a lot of matches. Without having seen them play I cannot really comment on either.

A lot of good things being said about him and the hope is that he can come in and is able to fit the players into a formation that gets the best out of them and that as the players return from injuries and suspensions he manages to get the best out of them. I do feel that on paper we have a decent team but the huge thing lacking is the consistency and a real playing identity (we go fro looking like a great passing team 1 week to being unable to pass 5 yards the next week). The promising thing is that at the very least it doesn't seem as sh*t an appointment as it first looked (the impression being we were getting a manager that was probably on the verge of the sack at his underperforming club). They seem to have identified him and with them being willing to pay compensation, rather than just hiring another manager from on the managerial scrapheap, they must rate him. Time will tell!
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Redesign the Crest and dance the tango with that big blonde lass from LUTV.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

radebe88 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:03 pm For him to be sacked before the end of the season
Possible ...certainly possible
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Just to get them playing like a team would be good. TC couldn't manage that once the oppo had figured him out