Top Academy Prospects

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Top Academy Prospects

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Who are our youth prospects that are most likely to become first teamers in the next 18 months? A couple of months ago Jack Clarke was all the talk, but seems forgotten again now. Is he still on the radar? Any other obvious stand out talents?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Top Academy Prospects

Post by 1964white »

According to friends who have watch our 2nd & 3rd teams no player stands out.

After saying that due to all our suspensions/injuries Tom Pearce & Romario Vieira were on the bench v Hull, they never came on so I didn't get the chance to see either play

Welcome to MOT Andrew
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

lost track of who we signed , who is playing in what team , who is out on loan and who has been let go , all the youth arriving has turned into a bit of a circus .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Left back Tom Pearce is probably the one on the verge all though that may come to a bit of a stop now under new management.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Oliver Sarkic seemed decent in the game i watched.

The spanish number 10 was ok.

Cant see them as being 1st team ready though

Jack Clarke played that game, didn't stand out tbh.

U18s i think have won there last 2 but don't get as much coverage.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

From what bit I've seen, and what I've heard from people I follow on twitter that watch the U23's, Sarkic could be ready in 18 months if we're still in this division. Looks very good.
The best is probably Machuca. Exceptional midfielder. Very talented. He could be better than Viera already. Dominates midfield in U23's.
Tom Pearce looks a good prospect at left-back, left wing-back, or left wing. Probably the best crosser of a ball at the club.
Denton hasn't been getting a look in under TC, but in the cup match he played, he showed he's better than Anita at left-back, and scored a belting goal too. So I wouldn't be surprised if The Heck gets him or Pearce on the bench this season.
Coyle is out on loan and ripping it up. I'm completely flummoxed at him not being brought back. He's easily ready for this division.
We had a sixteen year old defender playing the other day. I can't remember which one it was, but I heard he looks really good. But at that age, will need time to fill out before playing in this division, no matter how good he is.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)