What is the minimum you expect from Heck ?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

What is the minimum you expect from Heck ?

Post by 1964white »

I'm hoping he makes us :

More competitive.
Instils a winning mentality
Better attitude
Improves our disciplinary record
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: What is the minimum you expect from Heck ?

Post by HarryofOz »

Promotion
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Finish above Barnsley
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Has to be promotion but I'll give him next season too. For this season I'd like to see

1 Us not get outplayed most games and play from minute 1 not from minute 45

2 Play the best players, figure it out and get the right players playing in the right positions

3 Affect an improvement in league position

PH himself needs to

Get a good look at the U23's and evaluate the talent, We've put a lot of eggs in that basket

Set up his back room staff with some decent talent ..like Monk did (No Beattie No Wood 30 goal season)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am Has to be promotion but I'll give him next season too. For this season I'd like to see

2 Play the best players, figure it out and get the right players playing in the right positions

PH himself needs to

Get a good look at the U23's and evaluate the talent, We've put a lot of eggs in that basket

Set up his back room staff with some decent talent ..like Monk did (No Beattie No Wood 30 goal season)
Suggestions that he is not going to be able to do that.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not expecting us to get anywhere near the playoffs now, but want him to make us look at least as though we are in with a shout next year, get us playing as though we look like we are building something here.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:03 am Has to be promotion but I'll give him next season too. For this season I'd like to see

PH himself needs to

I'd agree with all of this plus instill at least some level of discipline in our players!! Too many yellow and red cards :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

PH himself needs to

This :tup:
gessa wrote:Not expecting us to get anywhere near the playoffs now, but want him to make us look at least as though we are in with a shout next year, get us playing as though we look like we are building something here.
And this :tup:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

top 6.

If thats what the board believe we are capable of, if thats why they sacked TC and appointed Heck, then he has to get top 6.

If they dont want top 6 then why not stick with TC?

Dont think he will, dont think anyone could with this squad, especially given the injures and suspensions and fully expect him to be gone in the summer.

Then Orta can get in someone else that he wants and give them a longer contract.

If TC was still here id be happy with 7th, because thats decent with this squad. But Heck has been appointed because the board want top 6 and they decided Heck could do it. So, thats what i expect.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I'd like to see him start Stuart Dallas!

We need to be more competitive against teams in the middle of the park. The attitude and discipline of the players needs to be better.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:42 pm top 6.

If thats what the board believe we are capable of, if thats why they sacked TC and appointed Heck, then he has to get top 6.

If they dont want top 6 then why not stick with TC?

Dont think he will, dont think anyone could with this squad, especially given the injures and suspensions and fully expect him to be gone in the summer.

Then Orta can get in someone else that he wants and give them a longer contract.

If TC was still here id be happy with 7th, because thats decent with this squad. But Heck has been appointed because the board want top 6 and they decided Heck could do it. So, thats what i expect.

The board wanted top 6 with TC, he was producing bottom 6 football that's why he went. My guess is they'll readjust their expectation for this season

Bolton, Sunderland, Barnsley, Hull, Burton and Leeds are the worst teams I've seen this season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 pm The board wanted top 6 with TC, he was producing bottom 6 football that's why he went. My guess is they'll readjust their expectation for this season

Bolton, Sunderland, Barnsley, Hull, Burton and Leeds are the worst teams I've seen this season.
Can't argue with those choices :tup:

QPR & Reading are not much better as well
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I've no idea if Heckingbottom is the one. I guess we'll see but I want to have a look first if you don't mind. He comes here with a better CV than TC so that's a start. Chances are he's not the one as we're still not spending money on the most important position at a football club. But we may get lucky..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Also being s**t at one club doesn't mean you'll be s**t at the next..Sometimes there's a right place at the right time fit. BMC at Reading springs to mind, Meh manager rides a wave all the way to the Prem...He was junk at Woking, not much better here then sacked at Reading again within 6 months
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Given we have 16 matches left then the minimum I would expect is 1 win. That seems to be his current ratio. Anything else is a bonus
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1 more than TC would have got then...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:23 pm The board wanted top 6 with TC, he was producing bottom 6 football that's why he went. My guess is they'll readjust their expectation for this season

:oops:

Can't see then readjusting, think your underestimating the arrogance of Orta. He firmly believes he has assembled a top 6 squad.

If he demands less of Hecky then he is accepting he hasnt.

16 games left is plenty of time to get top 6 in Ortas mind.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:21 pm :oops:

Can't see then readjusting, think your underestimating the arrogance of Orta. He firmly believes he has assembled a top 6 squad.

If he demands less of Hecky then he is accepting he hasnt.

16 games left is plenty of time to get top 6 in Ortas mind.
Yes I know I've said Barnsley are one of the worst team I've seen and that does come down to the coach. But I've never said he's the one and did say that a change of scenery can work wonders...

I know that you and Weasel liked TC as a coach and think he just needs the right players to turn it around but you've no evidence for that ...plus how much would it cost us to ditch a few 4 year contracts (That everyone was raving about as good business sense earlier) and get in the right players plus who are the right players?

Personally I think the players are a top 6 squad and just need a good coach to bring that out but that's for another thread
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:11 pm 1 more than TC would have got then...
Yes it was hard to see him working the oracle again tbh
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:59 pm Yes I know I've said Barnsley are one of the worst team I've seen and that does come down to the coach. But I've never said he's the one and did say that a change of scenery can work wonders...

I know that you and Weasel liked TC as a coach and think he just needs the right players to turn it around but you've no evidence for that ...plus how much would it cost us to ditch a few 4 year contracts (That everyone was raving about as good business sense earlier) and get in the right players plus who are the right players?

Personally I think the players are a top 6 squad and just need a good coach to bring that out but that's for another thread
Agree Faaip :tup: so much evidence showing his weaknesses