List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm Never heard of him will hold back any opinion till I see what we have
Used to working on a tight budget.
Used to having his best players sold.
Used to getting poor replacements
Wont complain about the above
Cheap
Available
2 wins in 23
Will be grateful for the job

TC
Didnt complain
Had his best players sold
Didnt get equal replacements
Was grateful for the job
Was cheap
Was available

Beat Barnsley despite both having similar issues.

That about covers it :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:34 pm Never heard of him will hold back any opinion till I see what we have
Oh heck Faaip another one you haven't heard of ;-)
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

A 27.7% win ratio as full time Barnsley manager since June 2016.....mmm :shock:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Just a sh*te appointment reminiscent of when we got Steve Evans in. Just seems like they have sacked the previous manager so they could blame him rather than accepting their blame for their poor transfer record then get someone in for the rest of the season with little real suggestion they will keep him along longer barring him doing an amazing job.

I have completely lost my faith in this board.
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by gotagetz »

Looks like it's heckingbottom.......is that good or bad or indifferent?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:53 pm Just a sh*te appointment reminiscent of when we got Steve Evans in. Just seems like they have sacked the previous manager so they could blame him rather than accepting their blame for their poor transfer record then get someone in for the rest of the season with little real suggestion they will keep him along longer barring him doing an amazing job.

I have completely lost my faith in this board.
I've had reservations about our board since the summer. Never got carried away with all the 'our new saviour' rubbish. We are no better off now than when Cellino was in charge !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:47 pm Used to working on a tight budget.
Used to having his best players sold.
Used to getting poor replacements
Wont complain about the above
Cheap
Available
2 wins in 23
Will be grateful for the job

TC
Didnt complain
Had his best players sold
Didnt get equal replacements
Was grateful for the job
Was cheap
Was available

Beat Barnsley despite both having similar issues.

That about covers it :lol:
I did say after our game at Oakwell that Barnsley {along with Burton) were the worst team I'd seen in the championship. Now whether that was down to the lack of quality of the players or their coach Heckingbottom I don't know :duno: it's hard to assess on that one game, their players didn't seem to have any fight or battling qualities in them which is very unusual for a Tyke's side especially when they play Leeds.

Heck this appointment does seem a weird choice but you never know he maybe the answer to our prayers. I'm certainly not ecstatic or excited by all this....his record was impressive in League One however nowhere near as good in the Championship

All we can do is back the new coach & hope for the best, I'm won't hold my breath though !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 pm I did say after our game at Oakwell that Barnsley {along with Burton) were the worst team I'd seen in the championship. Now whether that was down to the lack of quality of the players or their coach Heckingbottom I don't know :duno: it's hard to assess on that one game, their players didn't seem to have any fight or battling qualities in them which is very unusual for a Tyke's side especially when they play Leeds.

Heck this appointment does seem a weird choice but you never know he maybe the answer to our prayers. I'm certainly not ecstatic or excited by all this....his record was impressive in League One however nowhere near as good in the Championship

All we can do is back the new coach & hope for the best, I'm won't hold my breath though !
yep.

He gets the job for all the reasons i highlighted imo.

Hope he does well, but cant see him achieving this top 6 ambition and i personally just see him as a stop gap.

Panicked sacking, cheap yes man replacement.

And the more i worry about Radz.

Different to Ken Bates how?
Asset stripping, sacks a manager just after the window so doesnt have to sign players, poor recruitment, cheap replacements (players and staff).
Dont blame Radz as much as Bates but there are worrying similarities. Think Radz means well and its more those around him, Bravo, Orta etc.
Signed

King Cjay

danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:09 pm yep.

He gets the job for all the reasons i highlighted imo.

Hope he does well, but cant see him achieving this top 6 ambition and i personally just see him as a stop gap.

Panicked sacking, cheap yes man replacement.

And the more i worry about Radz.

Different to Ken Bates how?
Asset stripping, sacks a manager just after the window so doesnt have to sign players, poor recruitment, cheap replacements (players and staff).
Dont blame Radz as much as Bates but there are worrying similarities. Think Radz means well and its more those around him, Bravo, Orta etc.
how on earth is radz asset stripping?!

the player recruitment thing is also tosh because the manager doesn't decide player recruitment in the structure of the club atm

cheap replacements is also hardly fair - we've spent over 2 mil on 5 players this season and almost 25 mill in total. Not cheap replacements and whatever we have brought in by player sales has been spent on new players and more. Chris Wood hasn't been replaced adequately is all you can see but lets see how Roberts does. There are absolutely zero similarities with Bates - apart from results not going great. You were praising Radz and declaring your thanks for him online a few months back :zip:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:35 pm how on earth is radz asset stripping?!

the player recruitment thing is also tosh because the manager doesn't decide player recruitment in the structure of the club atm

cheap replacements is also hardly fair - we've spent over 2 mil on 5 players this season and almost 25 mill in total. Not cheap replacements and whatever we have brought in by player sales has been spent on new players and more. Chris Wood hasn't been replaced adequately is all you can see but lets see how Roberts does. There are absolutely zero similarities with Bates - apart from results not going great. You were praising Radz and declaring your thanks for him online a few months back :zip:
That was before we didn't do the necessary recruiting in January, before he sacked TC because of a whim and before he replaced him with a cheap replacement.

Player recruitment is down to Orta, who is Radz's employee.

Sacking TC after a poor January and summer recruitment drive during which key players wernt replaced. Sacking after the window shut is exactly what Bates did to Grayson then banged on about expecting a new manager to get more out of the squad etc.

2mil is cheap these days, 5mil on 2 would have been better.

0 improvement on the pitch in fact going backwards . Sounds like Bates to me.

Apart from buying back Elland Road, which means they get all the income and do tours on matchdays, what has changed?

No further forward on the pitch, still swelling our best, still not giving managers time.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Anyway looks like he is the man, will have my full support, if he wins a few games i'll probably thank him to for improving my mood :lol:
Signed

King Cjay