List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Re: List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

Post by liggy »

Might of been a tad ambitious I'll give
You that ,
Ok then the Northern Ireland manager it is then o'neill
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Hannes Wolf may not be a bad shout.

Very successful as a youth coach at Dortmund. 2 under 17 titles and an under 19 title.

Managed the reserve side for a spell . 6 wins 5 draws 4 losses.

Won the Bundesliga 2 last season.

Sacked recently but for perspective his record this season at Stuttgart is basically the same as Chris Hughton at Brighton.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

danhirons wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:40 pm Almost as realistic as guardiola, mourinho or klopp!
Don't want Mourinho ;-) ......... or Klopp really :lol:
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Odds slashed on Wee Gordon
At least we will have funny post match interviews.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/odds ... ob-report/
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

surprised Gus Poyet has not been linked with us even though he has just taken the Bordeaux job
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

I think it'll be Wolf.

We wanted Wagner, Wolf is from the same background.

He took over a big club who had been struggling and sacking managers left right and centre. He got them promoted as Champions.

He is inexperienced but very well thought off in Germany apparently.

I'd be happy with that. Just as long as Orta and Co don't expect him to perform miracles.
Signed

King Cjay

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Initial feeling when I heard was sadness as he was a genuinely nice guy but having been at the shambles on Saturday, we have to face reality that he was tactically very naive. He's gameplan always seemed to be about counter attacking which is ok when you score first but, as we saw many times, there was no Plan B when conceded first as we have done many times of late.

Jokanovic would be my first choice - has been the best coach in this league for years. Silva would be quality but would he take what, no doubts would be a substantial salary drop from what he has been used to in the Prem League ?

Of the British contingent, Strachan would be the romantic choice, what with he's superlative efforts of yesteryear on the playing field but we have been down that road a few times with ex players and with very limited success it has to be said. Wouldnt go back to Grayson personally, and I certainly dont want McLaren !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:53 am Apparently they were in yesterday and TC took training, he got the bullet in the evening.
They had Saturday off :)
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:58 pm I think it'll be Wolf.

We wanted Wagner, Wolf is from the same background.

He took over a big club who had been struggling and sacking managers left right and centre. He got them promoted as Champions.

He is inexperienced but very well thought off in Germany apparently.

I'd be happy with that. Just as long as Orta and Co don't expect him to perform miracles.
Out of the names currently in the frame I would see him as a strong possibility. Going to have to be someone used to / comfortable with a continental style set up and I would imagine he is pretty affordable. Would seem like another hopeful punt to me rather than real strong appointment. Must confess I don't have too many suggestions as to who we should get though, however as important as their coaching credentials will be the ability to deal with the LUFC media circus, if you are not ready for that it's going to be a struggle when things don't go well.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Before it is too late and the board make another wrong decision to upset the fans
Someone needs to run a poll and get those 70,000 fans to vote to select a new
manager, and then make sure that the board hears their voice. It is the only way
to avert danger :twisted: :lol: :evil: :rant: :twisted:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

According to SKY sources"Leeds have identified their prefered candidate to replace head coach Thomas Christiansen" and I'm sure that when I turned the tv on they were talking about Leeds wanting someone in place withinin 24 hours....
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Paul Heckingthing from Barnsley according to Phil Hay . THATS VERY DEPRESSING

A career win percentage of 27% . . . . . . .fabulous.

Dont care that he has done a "good job at Barnsley" . We arent them and he has done nothing to warrant the Leeds job

there 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1win in 16 . . .its not inspiring stuff.
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm Paul Heckingthing from Barnsley according to Phil Hay . THATS VERY DEPRESSING

Dont care that he has done a "good job at Barnsley" . We arent them and he has done nothing to warrant the Leeds job

You're right CJay, we need much better that that.
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

That's got to be a spoof surely. We couldn't seriously be considering someone who is managing a team 1 point above the drop zone. We could end up in the mix with Barnsley at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:09 pm You're right CJay, we need much better that that.
Not understanding the logic,he got Barnsley to 14th last season, ok but not a great achievement. Now they are 21st, so they have gone backwards, and this has made Orta and Radz go "YES YOUR THE MAN FOR US".

Only us could appoint a manager our old manager beat 2-0 on there own patch. :verysad:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Rex deWolf wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:19 pm That's got to be a spoof surely. We couldn't seriously be considering someone who is managing a team 1 point above the drop zone. We could end up in the mix with Barnsley at the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
Being reported all over the place unfortunately :(

Only hope seems to be he turns us down . . DO IT!!!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:01 pm Paul Heckingthing from Barnsley according to Phil Hay . THATS VERY DEPRESSING

Would show a real lack of ambition, he's a Barnsley boy who has stated he doesn't like us as a club and is doing a bang average job where he is, almost guaranteed failure.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Looking very likely it is him. Oh dear!!!
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

gessa wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:41 pm Looking very likely it is him. Oh dear!!!
Would prove that the guys in charge haven`t got a clue, and all the good stuff on the playing side was more down to luck (and running out of it), than based on knowledge, planning, strategy etc.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

SKY just reported same live from Elland Road. Weird, he only signed an extension to his contract on Friday but has a release clause.....apparently Leeds are keen to activate it. Reporting he could be in place for training tomorrow morning.