List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
gotagetz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: List & Odds for Next Leeds Manager

Post by gotagetz »

Think out of that list I'd fancy Bilic for the job, no nonsense sort if bloke IMO.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:19 am There must be someone decent out there

Any suggestions ?
I thought you would have a big list of them seeing as you have been banging on about getting rid of TC for over a month. Not so easy, is it, when it comes down to it.

OK, I'll play. Graham Potter, current manager of Ostersunds in Swedish top tier. Took them from Div 4 to 1st Division in 6 season, also won the Swedish Cup, and they are currently doing well in the Europa League - They play Arsenal in the next round of 32. Similar profile to TC, but with more success.
Last edited by Gandalf on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

It will be an interesting appointment as it will show the way we are looking towards running the club in the long term. I thought the idea was to emulate Barcelona/Spain getting the youngsters to be playing a certain way and then to be able to have them integrate seamlessly when they come into the first team - as such you would have to imagine another similar appointment to TC in the sense that they have a bit of experience with the Barca system or at the very least a manager looking to play in a similar style. If they go completely against this type of manager (i.e.a Warnock/McCarthy type with bags of championship experience but not known for playing the Barca way then it really throws huge doubts over the whole U23 recruitment side of things.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:16 am I thought you would have a big list of them seeing as you have been banging on about getting rid of TC for over a month. Not so easy, is it, when it comes down to it.
That's untrue read my posts please Gandi. I had reservations though I never said we should sack him until after last week's fiasco, other members on here were first to post on that score but typically you haven't had a pop at them

I asked the question as I've been concerned with our performances, results, discipline & some of his decisions. I was sitting on the fence hoping Christiansen would turn it around after yet another disastrous bad run, it was only after I witnessed the Hull & Cardiff shockers that I came to the conclusion we were going nowhere with TC in charge.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gotagetz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 am Think out of that list I'd fancy Bilic for the job, no nonsense sort if bloke IMO.
Was a hard player & seems a tough manager who wouldn't stand for much nonsense
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:32 am That's untrue read my posts please Gandi. I had reservations though I never said we should sack him until after last week's fiasco, other members on here were first to post on that score but typically you haven't had a pop at them

I asked the question as I've been concerned with our performances, results, discipline & some of his decisions. I was sitting on the fence hoping Christiansen would turn it around after yet another disastrous bad run, it was only after I witnessed the Hull & Cardiff shockers that I came to the conclusion we were going nowhere with TC in charge.
You posted your first "Should He Stay or Should He Go" on Jan 20th. I have just re-read your comments, which is a long list of negative comments with regard to TC. Are you saying that you wanted him to stay ?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 am It will be an interesting appointment as it will show the way we are looking towards running the club in the long term. I thought the idea was to emulate Barcelona/Spain getting the youngsters to be playing a certain way and then to be able to have them integrate seamlessly when they come into the first team - as such you would have to imagine another similar appointment to TC in the sense that they have a bit of experience with the Barca system or at the very least a manager looking to play in a similar style. If they go completely against this type of manager (i.e.a Warnock/McCarthy type with bags of championship experience but not known for playing the Barca way then it really throws huge doubts over the whole U23 recruitment side of things.
I agree - think that Radz has a plan about how he wants the club to function and a style of coaching that he wants and will appoint someone who doesn't deviate too far from that model, which rules out the likes of McCarthy / Pearson for me.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

gotagetz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 am Think out of that list I'd fancy Bilic for the job, no nonsense sort if bloke IMO.
I think he was fried by the time he left the Hammers, not for me.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am Was a hard player & seems a tough manager who wouldn't stand for much nonsense
He was a hard player, but he was sacked by West Ham for being too soft with the players. Looks can be deceptive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Marco Silva-Quality coach but may not stick about for long.

Dennis Bergkamp-Risky but big name, worked for Ajax and under Johan Cruyff and Rinus Michels so the football may be decent.

Hannes Wolf being mentioned, won Promotion with Stuttgart, young manager.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Eddie Howe
Claudio Ranieri
Brendan Rogers Anyone of them 3
Rex deWolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Rex deWolf »

liggy wrote:Eddie Howe
Claudio Ranieri
All employed at other clubs and would probably see Leeds as a step down

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Rex deWolf wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:03 pm All employed at other clubs and would probably see Leeds as a step down

Wolfie Howe and Rogers have taken their respective clubs
As far as they are going to go . Leeds United might appeal to them.
As they say shy bairns get nowt
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

Rex deWolf wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:03 pm All employed at other clubs and would probably see Leeds as a step down

billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Definitely not Steve McClaren according to Phil Hay so that’s one bullet dodged .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:47 am You posted your first "Should He Stay or Should He Go" on Jan 20th. I have just re-read your comments, which is a long list of negative comments with regard to TC. Are you saying that you wanted him to stay ?
Well everything that has occurred at Leeds since our defeat at Birmingham on the 30th December has been very negative & poor but I was prepared to give TC the benefit of the doubt hoping they would return after their jolly in Spain totally refreshed & focused on upping performances/results.
Sadly not the case, in fact the opposite has happened as our form has worsen to the extent we couldn't continue in this vein. Cardiff was the final nail in the coffin for me as I walked out of the stadium on Saturday evening. Unfortunately changes are needed although I attach plenty of the blame on Radz & Orta's heads for our demise too. Thomas is a nice man, probably too nice having to manage footballers at championship level, it's a tough job & there are times when you have to be ruthless, don't think he had that attribute in him tbh !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Norm wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:52 am Pep is the only one I'd want.
I've heard he's a bit of a palindrome....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

liggy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:59 am Eddie Howe
Claudio Ranieri
Almost as realistic as guardiola, mourinho or klopp!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

liggy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:59 am Eddie Howe
Claudio Ranieri
Doubt we could afford those three Liggy :(
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

I will take anyone who can bring success back to Leeds United.
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......