Thomas Christiansen Sacked

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Thomas Christiansen Sacked

Post by 1964white »

Radz
Good morning Steve
Now what credentials have you to be considered for the managerial post at Leeds United

SM
I managed England :eng:

Radz
The job is yours, welcome to Leeds United Steve
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SkyBet have suspended betting on The Wolly
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:14 pm Has to be coco....surely it's his turn, we've had every other clown.
:rol:
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

Pearson would be my choice.
McDermott back would be interesting.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I truly believe our disciplinary record which ultimately has affected performances/results has cost Christiansen his job, he really had to address this problem. Berardi's dismissal & two consecutive bashings at ER probably sealed his fate
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

So the board and head of transfers don't give him an adequate squad but rather than fall on their own swords sack him. Same as how Bates didn't sign the players Grayson wanted and then waited until after the transfer window shut and then sacked Grayson so he wouldn't have to buy new players for the new manager.

First the crest fiasco and now this - once more we are a joke of a club. In any other industry nobody would touch the Leeds manager/coach job with a bargepole but cos this is football all the usual failed muppets will apply, do a sh*t job and then walk off with a big payday.

2 weeks in a row that the board bows to fan pressure - gutless inept cowards.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:01 pm Cant think of 3 less inspiring names tbh.

Dont get the Grayson love in, dont rate Schteve and Stam just annoys me.
Neither can I but still better than TC...former league manager in Cyprus
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Again I ask What did TC ever do to earn this job and keep it ? The first manager we've had since Wise to go through a long spell of relegation form. No past experience at any decent level so basically his first job in proper football ..

Very little chance of many points on the horizon, tough games coming up we'll still probably lose but so would he have and then it would have been 25 points from around 25 games.

He was never going to last long
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:47 pm So the board and head of transfers don't give him an adequate squad but rather than fall on their own swords sack him. Same as how Bates didn't sign the players Grayson wanted and then waited until after the transfer window shut and then sacked Grayson so he wouldn't have to buy new players for the new manager.

First the crest fiasco and now this - once more we are a joke of a club. In any other industry nobody would touch the Leeds manager/coach job with a bargepole but cos this is football all the usual failed muppets will apply, do a sh*t job and then walk off with a big payday.

2 weeks in a row that the board bows to fan pressure - gutless inept cowards.
Can't argue with that

Unimpressed with Radz, Orta is a clown & Christiansen who is a nice man but was probably out of his depth so you have to ask questions of the whole managerial team.

I've said all along I think our fans have been hoodwinked.

I still believe we are no better on the pitch than when Cellino left our club
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Anyone but Mark Effing Hughes, Please! Even accept Schteeve.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I think we are a lot worse on the pitch than when MC left. A lot of improvements off field and at U23 level but the first team first XI is significantly weaker and I wouldn't even say the first team squad is any stronger.

I don't think any of us really know if TC is a good manager as he has been sold short by the people responsible for first team transfers if their actual goal was to finish top6. TC's remit was to take a team that had finished the season in freefall and finish 7th and get them to do better despite having the key successes removed. The one significant improvement in the first team, Saiz, is not better than Green, Taylor, Bartley and Wood.

If TC is deemed to be not good enough (and they really think the squad they assembled is that great) then AR has made a huge balls up with his first managerial appointment. Whichever way it is looked at I don't think AR comes out of this with any credit. The next appointment will say a lot about whether or not he hasn't a clue about what he is doing as his decision tonight has raised huge question marks over the potential success of his so called 2 year and 5 year plans if he can't get such a huge decision right as being able to appoint a manager that can at least last a season.

If you hire someone then back then and give them the best chance to succeed and then if they fail well you know they weren't good enough and you have to be honest enough to admit you made a mistake in hiring them but you at least then get the credit for realising your mistake and sacking them. If you hire someone then don't give them the best chance to succeed then sack them it just looks to me like you are trying to deflect the blame from yourself.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Well Well Well
That's another fine mess
you have got us into Orta
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

No complaints from me. It wouldn't have bothered me if he'd stayed on till the end of the season.

However his replacement must be better qualified for the job.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
hector

Post by hector »

HarryofOz wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:07 am No complaints from me. It wouldn't have bothered me if he'd stayed on till the end of the season.

However his replacement must be better qualified for the job.
Ditto :tup:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

It was well documented that TC presented a detailed summary in his interview for the post at ER on where Leeds went wrong under Monk

I wonder if he'll analyse his own short-comings ?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

From the list of names n the betting I really don't fancy any of those linked. The McClaren one is a bit odd, surely if they were looking at him as an option they wouldn't have had him in the Director's box for the game that leads to TC getting sacked? This sort of thing should have been behind closed doors and out of the public eye surely, absolutely nothing to be gained by him being seen to be there unless the decision had already been made prior to the game and TC already knew otherwise his position is severely compromised whatever happens.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 am I wonder if he'll analyse his own short-comings ?
Well Leon It all started with the first loss at Millwall. We were outmuscled and found out.
and Well the next few games were disastrous for us cos other teams followed suit, and well
we got a drubbing.

Well then we made some sort of recovery cos, well to be honest we were
playing teams near the bottom of the league, but I was well pleased when
we beat Monk and Boro... I felt like well vindicated.

Well then came the Leeds Salute Crest debacle. The board thought the fans would be well
pleased but it turned out that the fans pissed on their own heritage... and well what with
the petition against the Crest, we had this rise in fan power... and the feeling in the board
room and the dressing room was well... we are not doing anything right and the fans
are not well pleased.

Well once the fans got a sniff of blood, they started baying for my head. Well you see
with great Power comes great Iresponsibility... I feel like the club is now well... being
pulled down in the vortex of a whirlpool, and things are spiralling out of control.

All things considered I think I am well out of it, and well I am happy and relieved to leave.
A bit Crestfallen but who isn't.

Well Leon I hope that answers your questions for you. Be well.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Sad that this happened, but we all knew it was going to and it had to happen.

Thanks TC, wish you all the best.

Onwards and upwards (Or sideways as the case will more than like be).

Only name I'd consider out of the names mentioned is Slaven Bilic. Different, and did a decent job in a difficult position at the hammers.

No-one else interest me what so ever. However I can see Mclaren getting the nod tho. God help us.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:04 am It was well documented that TC presented a detailed summary in his interview for the post at ER on where Leeds went wrong under Monk

I wonder if he'll analyse his own short-comings ?
Saw some suggestion on Twitter that the real beginning of the end was the debacle at Newport and I can see that 100% we never felt like we recovered from that as a squad and put it behind us. Be interesting to see TCs take on the impact even though we never will.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

LevLeeds wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:48 am No-one else interest me what so ever. However I can see Mclaren getting the nod tho. God help us.
I sincerely hope that the 70,000 who were so successful in demolishing the CREST
will once again flex their muscles and use their brawn not their brains to protest
once again against any new manager that is appointed.

The self destruct button has been pressed and we are all waiting for the implosion.
From now on nobody has a chance of getting anything right. It will get worse
That is cognitive dissidence for you. Ignore it and the consequences are rather nasty.