Terrifying times

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Terrifying times

Post by Cjay »

On twitter :shock:

Steve Evans
David O'Leary
Simon Grayson
Noel Whelan
Gary Monk
Gary Mcallister
Neil Redfearn
Nigel Clough
Jaap Stam

All names being put forward as replacements for TC :roll:
Edit . . And as if thats not scary enough Steve McCLaren was apparently in the directors box today.
Personally i cant think of a single realistic replacement who will. 1) work with Orta. 2) play the style Orta and Radz want. 3) realistically would come. 4) would placate the fans.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Terrifying times

Post by 1964white »

Steve McClaren in the directors box is scary
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:07 pm Steve McClaren in the directors box is scary
Doesnt bare thinking about.

O'Leary was there to.

May as well get Wilko in and George Graham as his assistant.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Whilst I think TC is out of his depth, I also believe any manager coming in is going to be hamstrung by the fact that it's Orta who identifies and gets the players. This system doesn't work in England. The manager should have free reign to identify the players he wants then ask the board to fund them. If AR can't see this, and maybe he can't as I don't get the impression he's a real football man, then we're doomed to spin our wheels in this league for the forseeable future
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:15 am Whilst I think TC is out of his depth, I also believe any manager coming in is going to be hamstrung by the fact that it's Orta who identifies and gets the players. This system doesn't work in England. The manager should have free reign to identify the players he wants then ask the board to fund them. If AR can't see this, and maybe he can't as I don't get the impression he's a real football man, then we're doomed to spin our wheels in this league for the forseeable future
Correct Nick no decent manager is going to work under the current system where he has minimal influence on the players he wishes to bring in.

Also imagine a new manager coming into ER now facing the next game with four players suspended + four injured players unavailable

Time to question our supposedly saviour & his puppets

Sorry no better than Cellino imo !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I liked MC so the fact Rads is no better is a kinda compliment. Anyway are we 100% sure TC has no input into the players coming in? That just seems crazy to me and would surely see him fired ages ago when he didn't play the likes of Klich and Anita who was banner signings in the summer.

I mean if you were Rads and you employed Orta to get in the players believing that's the way to run a football club, then your manager refused to start the players you played good money for, would you keep the manager very long?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

AR is a step up from Cellino, Leon, is doing a lot of good things off the park. But a club's bread and butter is its first team, and he's currently failing on that front. My one hope is he'll recognise that the continental system doesn't work here and change it. He's not a stupid man, so fingers crossed he learns (as TC seems to be failing to learn) what it is to run and manage a club in the most competitive league in Europe.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Have been saying for months we are poor even when we were scratching victories during December

The writing was on the wall imo, believe me our fans could see it as they trudged out of the stadiums

Now LUFC has worsen to a CRITICAL situation, serious damage which is going to be difficult to repair :cry:
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:05 pm I liked MC so the fact Rads is no better is a kinda compliment. Anyway are we 100% sure TC has no input into the players coming in? That just seems crazy to me and would surely see him fired ages ago when he didn't play the likes of Klich and Anita who was banner signings in the summer.

I mean if you were Rads and you employed Orta to get in the players believing that's the way to run a football club, then your manager refused to start the players you played good money for, would you keep the manager very long?
He must have some input, faaip, otherwise he would, like you say, have been long gone. I think the frustration, for him as well as us, is that, for all the admirable things about building for the future, the here and now is what matters most and there are glaring gaps in the first team squad that Orta or whomever have not addressed. And from the outside looking in, it seems that the focus is on tomorrow rather than today. Yes, maybe some of the young guns will be good enough to step up next season, but that's another season written off. With the current injury and suspension list, some of them may have to step up now!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:10 pm AR is a step up from Cellino, Leon, is doing a lot of good things off the park. But a club's bread and butter is its first team, and he's currently failing on that front. My one hope is he'll recognise that the continental system doesn't work here and change it. He's not a stupid man, so fingers crossed he learns (as TC seems to be failing to learn) what it is to run and manage a club in the most competitive league in Europe.
Cellino had much less finance & resources to work with, we were almost bankrupt when he took on LUFC, he steadied the ship to give our new owner the opportunity to move the club forward

Man City don't own their ground. Hull City were promoted to the prem twice & don't own their ground
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:19 pm Cellino had much less finance & resources to work with, we were almost bankrupt when he took on LUFC, he steadied the ship to give our new owner to move the club forward

Man City don't own their ground. Hull City were promoted to the prem twice & don't own their ground
Can't argue with any of that, Leon. The opportunity is there for AR to move us on to the next level, I just hope he is man enough to see when things aren't working and make the big/tough decisions. I don't know, but I would suggest we are now financially stable, so it is time to take the next step and push for promotion. Not this season, barring a miracle, but the summer is now crucial for the club and AR's standing amongst the fan base. No-one wants to see profligate Risdale spending, but very few clubs make it out of this league on the cheap
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Dennis Bergkamp being mentioned now.

Spent time working at Ajax and came through the Ajax academy, given his debut by Johan Cruyff.

Worked under the likes of, Johan Cruyff, Van Gaal, Gus Hiddink, Arsene Wenger and dutch legend Rinus Michels.

So playing style wouldn't be an issue.

But, 0 management experience.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Bergkamp doesn't fly so someone like us would be ideal for him...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://www.footballinsider247.com/48-y ... s-manager/

God help us.

I dont understand the obsession with Simon Grayson.
His teams cant defend!!!!!
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:49 pm Bergkamp doesn't fly so someone like us would be ideal for him...
:rol:
hector

Post by hector »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:20 pm

I dont understand the obsession with Simon Grayson.
His teams cant defend!!!!!
Neither can ours......

Match made in heaven :roll: :roll:

:)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

hector wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm Neither can ours......

Match made in heaven :roll: :roll:

:)
Have to think about the employees .. . . Tea ladies, secretaries etc :lol:
Signed

King Cjay