Perspective !

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Perspective !

Post by 1964white »

The post below is from a Leeds fan on another forum & brought tears to my eyes :cry:
Screenshot 2018-02-04 at 13.25.17.png
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Perspective !

Post by Cjay »

Saw that myself.

Does put everything in perspective, football isnt that important really.

But it makes a difference to peoples lives, its a shame for that gentleman that he isnt likely to get to see us back where we belong.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Haighy
First Team
First Team

Post by Haighy »

:cry: Very sad.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:17 pm Saw that myself.

Does put everything in perspective, football isnt that important really.

But it makes a difference to peoples lives, its a shame for that gentleman that he isnt likely to get to see us back where we belong.
I'm concerned I may never see a decent team again in my lifetime as the old man dilemma will creep up on me quicker than I think :duno:

Football clubs are an important part of life to many fans so it is really sad when you read stories like that gentleman's unfortunate circumstances
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm I'm concerned I may never see a decent team again in my lifetime as the old man dilemma will creep up on me quicker than I think :duno:

Football clubs are an important part of life to many fans so it is really sad when you read stories like that gentleman's unfortunate circumstances
Starting to worry about that myself :lol:

But yeah it does make you think about those who dont have next season or 5 more :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:53 pm Starting to worry about that myself :lol:

But yeah it does make you think about those who dont have next season or 5 more :(
You are still a young man Cjay
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:18 pm I'm concerned I may never see a decent team again in my lifetime as the old man dilemma will creep up on me quicker than I think :duno:

Look at it the other way mate - very few fans of football teams get to see their club perform with the brilliance and dominance of that Revie team for any sort of extended period. Many go for years without seeing their club win anything and maybe just the odd promotion or cup giant killing. Given the way football is in the modern day and the cash required to get to the top in England I certainly consider myself fortunate to have seen us win the league just once, very unlikely to ever happen again whilst I'm around.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:45 am Look at it the other way mate - very few fans of football teams get to see their club perform with the brilliance and dominance of that Revie team for any sort of extended period. Many go for years without seeing their club win anything and maybe just the odd promotion or cup giant killing. Given the way football is in the modern day and the cash required to get to the top in England I certainly consider myself fortunate to have seen us win the league just once, very unlikely to ever happen again whilst I'm around.
Yes Norfolk we are the lucky ones :-D

As a kid/teenager the Revie-era was a magical time for me, then Wilko comes along & wins a title

What more could I wish for ?
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:53 am Yes Norfolk we are the lucky ones :-D

As a kid/teenager the Revie-era was a magical time for me, then Wilko comes along & wins a title

What more could I wish for ?
I know what I wish for but I stopped believing in Santa quite a few years ago. I settle for much less these days :lol: