I'll asked the question again

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

I'll asked the question again

Post by 1964white »

Prompted by some comments on the Leeds v Cardiff Match thread

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35381&start=80#p647857

Should he go or should he stay?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: I'll asked the question again

Post by Cjay »

Stay.

There is nobody out there who matches all our needs.

Any new manager still has all the suspensions, still has injuries and still has Victor Orta who hasnt made a sound since it all went tits up.

Orta goes first.

We are exactly where our squad should be.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

I've always been a big believer in giving managers time. I've just about run out of patience now though.
TC got the job because he said he'd change things when they aren't working . He doesn't. Poor Grot isn't ready, but TC keeps making him suffer. Roofe & Alioski haven't put a decent ball in the box for weeks. Berardi as centre-back? Too short. Only three defenders, still plays four at the back wasting Dallas's attacking threat.
Just too many things that tell me he isn't up to the job. Getting rid now would give a new coach, or better still manager, time to assess the players, and make the changes needed. I'd suggest bringing back McDermott, or maybe bring g in Nigel Pearson.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

He's been junk as a manager up to now but he could turn it around I guess.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
8ballali
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by 8ballali »

I think he can only turn things around if he has the balls to change the formation, and start Dallas, and give Roberts a place on the bench at least. Then make changes with at least twenty minutes to go, and attack.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Winners never quit! Quitters never win!
(url=http://www.twitter.com/8ballali][/url)
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Go! Go! Go! Said it the last time this question was asked months ago. Out of his depth and should never have been given the job in the first place. Cypriot league manager for crying out loud. (Seriously would love to be proven wrong).....
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

That depends. If we sack him and replace straight away with a coach who has a similar pedigree then we are wasting our time. If we are prepared to invest in a quality coach either now or in the summer (using a short-term replacement) from within the club then it may be worthwhile.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

I’m starting to loose my belief, can’t say I can remember a game we’re so many left so early, so many left from around us the temperature noticeably dropped :shock:

When we are on song we look brilliant but currently we aren’t playing well and he doesn’t know how to change it :(
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

From the games I have been to plus the tv games, my issue is that I cannot remember a game where we actually played really well as a team, that tells me that something behind the scenes is seriously wrong. If we had a strong suitable manager waiting to be signed then I think we should do it and give him 16 games to start getting things sorted for next season. Lets be honest apart from our fluke start Hockaday would probably have been as good or poor as TC.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:34 am I’m starting to loose my belief, can’t say I can remember a game we’re so many left so early, so many left from around us the temperature noticeably dropped :shock:

When we are on song we look brilliant but currently we aren’t playing well and he doesn’t know how to change it :(
There were several blocks of empty seats particularly in the East Stand in the 2nd half looking on from the kop, where as the lower tier was packed at the beginning of the match.

With five minutes remaining I reckon there were only 10,000 left in the ground

If this poor quality of football persists & results don't pick up attendances will no doubt drop considerably. The other problem is the knock on effect it will have on season-tickets sales, there is no way we will sell 21,000 come the summer with the current mess we find ourselves in !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:01 am From the games I have been to plus the tv games, my issue is that I cannot remember a game where we actually played really well as a team, that tells me that something behind the scenes is seriously wrong. If we had a strong suitable manager waiting to be signed then I think we should do it and give him 16 games to start getting things sorted for next season. Lets be honest apart from our fluke start Hockaday would probably have been as good or poor as TC.
We were discussing this on our coach yesterday

Someone posed the question & I came up with the Barnsley game in late November then we all struggled to come up with a game until one of our lads mentioned Middlebro' at ER then we struggled to come up with an answer, another then said you have to go back to the Forest/Sunderland in the autumn.
Finally one of our lads said it just shows how bad things are when us fanatical Leeds fans can't remember when we played well.

Had these performances come under Cellino/Hockaday management, a time when our club was almost going bankrupt again there would have been all hell to play from our fans
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Up to yesterday I was quite a vehement stay for TC .
Now though - yet another red ( 4 in 5 games ) , another 4 conceded AT HOME . Need a change of direction ....... GO .
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Worrying stats that can't be denied

Not won in one of our last seven games

Only beaten two of the top twelve teams in the championship

Worst disciplinary record in the championship

Without doubt the most soft-bellied lightweight & smallest team in the championship

Worst record in the championship when we go behind in a game

No striker/player scored double figures in this league

10th in the table for the amount of goals scored

12th in the table for the amount of goals conceded

One of the weakest teams for avoiding individual errors

One of the weakest teams winning aerial duals
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ratscoot wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:34 am I’m starting to loose my belief, can’t say I can remember a game we’re so many left so early, so many left from around us the temperature noticeably dropped :shock:

Every team on the planet looks comparatively brilliant when they're on song. I've not seen us play top of the premiership football at all this season.

24 points from 20 games after the "false dawn". 1.2 points per game. If you extrapolate the 1.2 pts per game and ignore the outlier (all outliers should be ignored) then we should be on around 36 points this season and headed for 55 points. 49 points is the average needed for survival making our last 20 games relegation zone form..

I think we're burying our heads in the sand a little bit here and hoping it goes away.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

I think that the new Crest for Leeds United should just be

WELL...
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

HarryofOz wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:16 am That depends. If we sack him and replace straight away with a coach who has a similar pedigree then we are wasting our time. If we are prepared to invest in a quality coach either now or in the summer (using a short-term replacement) from within the club then it may be worthwhile.
We can either keep going cheap in the hope we stumble on a good one (and in that case we would need to have a constant rotation of managers until we found the right one) or we seriously invest in a tried and tested talent and pay him big money
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Definite GO & STAY so far

4 - GO
2 - STAY
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I think go - as long as we can identify someone to come in straight away to give him six months to prepare for next season. This season is already over imo
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Out of his depth and tactically one-dimensional. Add to that his persisting with players who are failing to deliver (not altogether his fault, that pr**k Orta has handed him a squad full of sh*te), the lack of discipline within the team and it is obvious to me that these players aren't listening to him anymore. Sadly, and I mean that as I like what he was trying to do, it's time to go. And bring in a man with pedigree who gets to choose which players we pursue
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

As I have said before, he should be given until the end of the season. I am not sure that you could find another coach anywhere in the world (including Guardiola) who could come in and make a big difference considering the lack of options that TC has, especially in defence. Jansson being stretchered off yesterday was the icing on the cake of ill fortune, compounded by Berardi's sending off. Just take a look at the New Manager thread on the dark side, to see the frightening list of options that fans are coming up with. TC knows that he is in last chance saloon, with practically an empty toolbox. Let him do his best, with full fan support, and if, as now seems likely, we do not make the playoffs, then the close season is the best time to be planning a replacement.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!