Maybe a topic allready existing, if so, ignore and sorry.

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Maybe a topic allready existing, if so, ignore and sorry.

Post by fred »

Can you guys/lasses remember the first Leeds game you watched life?

I`m not 100% sure, but it was either a 1-0 win against Man.City or a FA-Cup 1-1 draw with Coventry (both at home). I remember a 3-0 loss away to Southampton and getting into the wrong train landing in Plymouth I believe...and a 3-3 at home draw against West Ham stands out in memory.

All of them must have been prior to 1982...we were terrible s**t then. Probably worse than the current team. :)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Maybe a topic allready existing, if so, ignore and sorry.

Post by 1964white »

1963/64 - Leeds 3-1 Grimsby

Billy Bremner scored & became an instant boyhood hero

Billy will be turning his grave with the current inept soft performances
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Think it was a 0-0 vs Villa but not certain.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ipswich 1-0 Walks on water with the goal. I was 15.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Leeds vs Liverpool 1975 we lost 0-3 Went with my best mate at the time and his Dad I was only 13 and hardly saw any of the game as I couldn’t see round all the men stood around us :lol: :lol:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

My very first live Leeds match was a friendly v Colo Colo in Melbourne. First visited Leeds in 2005 and watched us lose 2-0 to Ipswich at Elland Road.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

First game I watched was Leeds Vs Deportivo La Coruna in the Champions League Quarter final in 2000/2001 when we won 3-0 I was 8 years old and although I had a passing love of the club at that point I was hooked for life. Even got some of the lads at school supporting Leeds until they moved onto more fashionable clubs .
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1984/85 season first match of the season away to Notts Co. We were 1-0 down with a very early goal and we were still queuing to get in when Leeds equalised - Tommy Wright the scorer. Leeds went on to win 2-1. Then saw the 2nd match which was a 2-0 home win v Fulham. Later that season also went to the 1-1 home draw v Cardiff. Was a long while before I actually saw Leeds lose.