Leeds v Cardiff - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Cardiff - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

The transfer window has slammed shut last night, but more importantly January is out of the way too.

In recent years gone by the new year has never been kind to Leeds Utd, yet sitting in 10th place, four points from a play off place its all to play for even though I think the momentum & winning mentality has gone !

TC must decide whether to stick with the Lasogga and Roofe partnership or drop our ex-Oxford Utd front man in favour of new signing Tyler Roberts?

Leeds are waiting to find out whether Pennington has recovered from his knock, if not Berardi will partner Jansson in the heart of our defence
1964white

Re: Leeds v Cardiff - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Cardiff approach the game with new signings Jamie Ward & their £6m battering ram Gary Madine signed from Bolton late yesterday evening. Lets hope Pontus takes charge of their new big man
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Badly need Pennington to be fit and likes of Pablo/Forshaw to take control of the game. Colin has got one over on us too many times of late, about time we turned the tables !!

Can anyone update us as to the status of the suspensions, ive lost track of how many games each player has left to serve ? Guessing O'Kane and Phillips back after this one ?
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:Badly need Pennington to be fit and likes of Pablo/Forshaw to take control of the game. Colin has got one over on us too many times of late, about time we turned the tables !!

Can anyone update us as to the status of the suspensions, ive lost track of how many games each player has left to serve ? Guessing O'Kane and Phillips back after this one ?
Unsure but I think the amount of missing games stands at :

Saiz x 3
Cooper x 2
O'Kane x 2
Phillips x 1

I maybe we wrong Gurj
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Thanks Leon, O'Kane was a 3 game ban wasnt it for violent conduct and he has missed Millwall, and Hull so I think this must be he's last game of suspension.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm going to be shocked if O'Kane gets anywhere near the starting 11 on return now we have Forshaw, Vierra and Phillips ahead of him...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gurj wrote:Thanks Leon, O'Kane was a 3 game ban wasnt it for violent conduct and he has missed Millwall, and Hull so I think this must be he's last game of suspension.
Correct Gurj, my mistake with O'Kane, so many suspensions are a bit of a mind-boggler :?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Berardi cant play cb against Madine and Zohore it'd be a disaster, he is to short and Jansson couldn't mark them both.

I'd rather take a chance on Aapo Halme who at least has some height.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Weidwald
Beradi
Jansson
Pennington or Shaughnessy - one will be fit hopefully
De Bock
Vierra
Forshaw
Hernandez
Alioski
Roofe
Lassoga

Lonergan, Roberts, Cibicki, plus some U23's
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

This match shall test us to the limit, Warnock will be up for this one, we must to win at all costs, we need at least 4 points from the next 2 matches or we can definitely write this season off, I already have in my mind :(

I for one shall be interested in TC's team selection, if Alioski starts then this speaks in volume, he's just a show pony who is just not good enough, one thing i did notice on Tuesday we seemed to run out of steam in the last 10 mins yet again after a week in the sun......or too much sangria :wine:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

No room for passengers v Warnock's mob

Roofe & the bleached show pony on the bench please

Give Roberts a start from the off, he can't do any worse than the two above

Vieira would be a very lucky boy to keep his place after his shambolic displays of late, unfortunately we haven't an adequate replacement

Weidwald
Berardi
Jansson
Pennington or Shaughnessy
De Bock
Hernandez
Vieira
Forshaw
Dallas
Roberts
Lassoga
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oh and glue the captain's armband to Forshaw arm just in case Captain Chaos returns ;-)
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:This match shall test us to the limit, Warnock will be up for this one, we need to win at all costs, we need at least 4 points from the next 2 matches or that the season finished for us

I for one shall be interested in TC team selection, if Alioski starts then this speaks in volume, he's just a show pony who is just not good enough, one thing i did notice on Tuesday we seemed to run out of steam the last 10 mins yet again after a week in the sun......or too much sangria :wine:
The same Alioski who started the move and set up Lasogga for the one highlight that we had shown?
The same Alioski who had the highest pass percentage apart from De Bock and Forshaw?
The Same Alioski who made more tackles then anyone apart from Forshaw?
The same Alioski who won more freekicks then anyone on the pitch?

You just dont like him :evil:
What did Roofe or Pablo do that was useful? Apart from give away possession and misplace passes?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not dropping Roofe one week after his MOTM performance, especially for A Roofe clone who's just arrived, hasn't had time to acclimate and hasn't really played at this level.

It's down to TC to get them motivated and to find a way to beat Cardiff.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:The same Alioski who started the move and set up Lasogga for the one highlight that we had shown?
The same Alioski who had the highest pass percentage apart from De Bock and Forshaw?
The Same Alioski who made more tackles then anyone apart from Forshaw?
The same Alioski who won more freekicks then anyone on the pitch?

You just dont like him :evil:
What did Roofe or Pablo do that was useful? Apart from give away possession and misplace passes?
All three were rubbish Cjay, our fans all around me were glad to see the back of Alioski when he was subbed, many were calling for Roofe & Vieira to be taken off as they were very poor too. Hernandez was no better! Attacking-wise our midfield created nothing & we didn't make their goalie work once in the whole ninety minutes, they defended feebly too as Felix & our back-four kept us in the game

We had a break where we had three v two situation, Alioski on the ball choose the wrong option & the chance was gone, then there were the two corners where he didn't beat the first man....criminal & wasted opportunities with all our big men in their box.

Our show pony contributed nowhere near the performances of Forshaw & De Bock.

I'll give Pablo the benefit of the doubt even though he had a stinker as he is our most creative player in the absence of Saiz

If we had a full quota of players available for Saturday Alioski, Roofe & Vieira should be benched after their woeful show at the KC

No doubt TC will stick with all four players mentioned as he was happy with our performance :roll:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I'm not dropping Roofe one week after his MOTM performance, especially for A Roofe clone who's just arrived, hasn't had time to acclimate and hasn't really played at this level.

It's down to TC to get them motivated and to find a way to beat Cardiff.
Forshaw would have started v Millwall had he not been for a niggling injury

De Bock started v Millwall after his signature that week

Get Roberts in, he has pace & will be keen to prove himself at this level, he can't do any worse !
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm expecting the same 11 to start as the last game and Roberts coming on in the 89th minute to see if he can get an equaliser within 5 minutes on his debut.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I'm expecting the same 11 to start as the last game and Roberts coming on in the 89th minute to see if he can get an equaliser within 5 minutes on his debut.
I've just said more or less the same to Jill, sadly both of us expecting another defeat :(
Newport white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Newport white »

Best chance of beating the scum is with pace up front, they have 2 lumps in central defence who will have Lassie in their pocket I would go with Roberts and Roofe up top and give the back 4 protection when they are in possession at the back as they bypass the midfield with long balls, their main threat will be high balls into the box along with the long throws, come on Leeds stuff these and the bragging rights are mine down here again!!
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:I've just said more or less the same to Jill, sadly both of us expecting another defeat :(
I'm dreaming of a 0-0