10 games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

10 games

Post by Cjay »

And we could quite easily lose the lot :(
Hull - Struggled very much against them at Elland Road.
Cardiff-totally out played us in Cardiff.
Sheff Utd- Fully deserved there win last time.
Bristol C- We were superb last time but that type of performance hasnt been seen for ages. They were superb vs Man city.
Derby- There on form, we arent, came back to beat us at Elland road.
Brentford-Bit hit and miss but on there day can beat anyone, already beaten us once.
Boro- Deserved our win last time, but Pulis is a wily old fox, different class of manager to Monk
Wolves-Sitting pretty top of the league.
Reading-Beat us at Elland Road so will fancy there chances again.
Sheff Weds-Look more solid now, comfortable for them apart from 15mins last time.

In our current form, leaking goals, discipline problems, injuries, struggling to score.

Its very difficult to see where we will pick up ANY points :(
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Re: 10 games

Post by dezzy »

Top level sport is all about the fine margins, unlucky break one end and concede a goal and the heads drop, same to be said for a good bounce of the ball and going one up.
We have the potential to play good football, to get wins, out best run of form and performances was at the start of the year, when the days were longer and brighter, with a lot of non British players the climate must have a negative effect while the acclimatize, maybe the spring might help, who knows, maybe training in the sun, as a group away from the norm might galvanize the group, who knows.
Maybe lassoga has been flying back and forth to Germany all season and never gelled with the squad and this week has helped his attitude towards his season in the championship and might transform his season, we know he has the ability, just a bit more hunger needed.
A lot of negative comments on the week away in Spain, underprerforming team getting a treat, why not, smiling on the warm training pitch may kick start the form we saw at the start of the year, nicer than a week in a cold wet thorp arch at least.
Nothing to fear in the next ten games if the attitude is right.
It can go either way, but I think we will get a positive result and performance tomorrow
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Cjay wrote:And we could quite easily lose the lot :(
Hull - Struggled very much against them at Elland Road.
Cardiff-totally out played us in Cardiff.
Sheff Utd- Fully deserved there win last time.
Bristol C- We were superb last time but that type of performance hasnt been seen for ages. They were superb vs Man city.
Derby- There on form, we arent, came back to beat us at Elland road.
Brentford-Bit hit and miss but on there day can beat anyone, already beaten us once.
Boro- Deserved our win last time, but Pulis is a wily old fox, different class of manager to Monk
Wolves-Sitting pretty top of the league.
Reading-Beat us at Elland Road so will fancy there chances again.
Sheff Weds-Look more solid now, comfortable for them apart from 15mins last time.

In our current form, leaking goals, discipline problems, injuries, struggling to score.

Its very difficult to see where we will pick up ANY points :(
Yeah, we probably blew our chances in the last 4 league games in regard to a play-off place. Can see us getting around 10 points...of course that means the rest of the season will be more or less meaningless. We would need at the very least 16 points out of those games to still be in with a real chance of top 6 I would guess.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We need a minimum of around 17 points from these if we want to be in the running for a playoff place ...Not impossible. That would give us 60 from 38, still a little poor, and then a good run in with 15 plus from the final 8
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote:We need a minimum of around 17 points from these if we want to be in the running for a playoff place ...Not impossible. That would give us 60 from 38, still a little poor, and then a good run in with 15 plus from the final 8
Agree, the key with this tough run and lack of players is to stay alive in the play off race.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

faaip wrote:We need a minimum of around 17 points from these if we want to be in the running for a playoff place ...Not impossible. That would give us 60 from 38, still a little poor, and then a good run in with 15 plus from the final 8

16 from the next 9 now with 4 teams in the top 7 coming up...we need 6 points from those
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

We ideally need an average of 2 points per game, which would give us 78 total, and I'm not sure that would be enough this year - it wasn't last year when Fulham overtook us to 80 points in 6th place.
The problem is we're not firing on all cylinders so I'm not sure we can do even that.
Since our last win on Boxing Day at Burton we've got 2 points from 15 and with the difficult matches coming up against top teams we'll be lucky to get much more than that tbh, unless Thomas can inspire another recovery. As things stand I'm not hopeful.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

GP PT PPG Team

29 65 2.24 Wolves
29 54 1.86 Derby
29 53 1.83 Aston Villa
28 51 1.82 Cardiff
29 51 1.76 Bristol City
29 48 1.66 Fulham
29 46 1.59 SheffUtd
29 45 1.55 Middlesbro
29 45 1.55 Preston
29 44 1.52 Leeds
29 43 1.48 Brentford
29 40 1.38 Ipswich
29 40 1.38 Norwich
29 35 1.21 Millwall

We were on 1.75 ppg after Burton so it shows how fast we've sunk.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Well we got 1 more point than you feared so far mate - thats a small bonus at least lol
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

click click........boom