Leeds v Forest - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Forest - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by HarryofOz »

Not a great game, but we created the three best chances
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Well, more or less the same as i the last 6 games. We will end between 7. and 11. this season if we don`t get at least one striker in January. But rather no emergency buys.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Had our chances but just never really got into our stride - not a great game, pretty scrappy and stop start. Two points dropped today.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Forrest were always going to put in a performance...manager sacked yesterday, so players playing for their places for the new man whoever that will be. If Warburton had been manager today it would have been a different game. It always happens
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

fred wrote:Well, more or less the same as i the last 6 games. We will end between 7. and 11. this season if we don`t get at least one striker in January. But rather no emergency buys.
Yes we haven't played well since the Barnsley game back in November, alright we've dug out three wins but I personally haven't got carried away as I stood freezing my bollocks off on the terraces.
Birmingham said it all for me & today although we created a few more chances we were poor v an awful Forest team
Thank you Jill for your birthday as I didn't waste time, effort & money on that dirge. So pleased I'm missing the trip to Newport for personal reasons as that will be a repeat of the Sutton fiasco.
A two week break from LUFC will do me the world of good :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Forrest were always going to put in a performance...manager sacked yesterday, so players playing for their places for the new man whoever that will be. If Warburton had been manager today it would have been a different game. It always happens
I doubt it Swan :(
gessa

Post by gessa »

5 points dropped.
We could have a nice cushion going into a more difficult series of fixtures, 8th-10th this season.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Just the nature of the championship though and who would have expected Cardiff's poor run. Every team capable of beating every other team etc etc.
gessa

Post by gessa »

There are certain games you need to win though when you have been struggling against the top teams which Cardiff haven't also Cardiff have that nice cushion between them and 7th whilst they come out of this run.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

that was total gash , 5 points dropped against the two teams we should have stuffed , I would have all the squad in tues mornig 8am to train
lesson 1 = how to shoot on target
lesson 2 = how to tackle
lesson 3 = how to pass a ball accurate over 2yds
lesson 4= how to trap a ball and bring it under control
lesson 5 = how not to give stupid free kicks away
lesson 6 = how to win a second ball

that should see them till about 16:00 and then they can go spend the £15k + a week they earn doing what any leeds fan would do for a fraction of that just to pull on the white shirt ,

oh and lasogga if you could be at the airport for 7am , your off back to Germany .

I always try not to post when I have been on the lash all day but I don't think I'm far off the mark with me comments

Happy new year all

Beer Belly Bert xxx :bear:
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Recorded this watched it later :evil:

Defence and goalie were solid.

The two in midfield were predictable and nothing special, someone needs to tell Phillips he isn't Paul Scholes and never scores from range. The sooner Vieira gets back the better, O'Kane and Phillips as a pair are poor.

Alioski continued his poor form and hopefully comes back rested in 2 weeks.

Hernandez continued to be decent and in fairness he did everything right for his strike just was a good save.

Saiz was very good although overplayed as usual on one or two occasions largely down to being totally one footed.

Roofe was poor and missed 3 decent chances.

Lassie and Sacko didnt change the game unfortunately which is the story of our subs bench all season.

Very deflating as i predicted 2 wins from these games.

To many mediocre and out of form players, nothing to impact a game if the starting 11 are having an off day.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:that was total gash , 5 points dropped against the two teams we should have stuffed , I would have all the squad in tues mornig 8am to train
lesson 1 = how to shoot on target
lesson 2 = how to tackle
lesson 3 = how to pass a ball accurate over 2yds
lesson 4= how to trap a ball and bring it under control
lesson 5 = how not to give stupid free kicks away
lesson 6 = how to win a second ball

that should see them till about 16:00 and then they can go spend the £15k + a week they earn doing what any leeds fan would do for a fraction of that just to pull on the white shirt ,

oh and lasogga if you could be at the airport for 7am , your off back to Germany .

I always try not to post when I have been on the lash all day but I don't think I'm far off the mark with me comments

Happy new year all

Beer Belly Bert xxx :bear:
Off the mark mate, no you are bang on Bert :tup:

Have insisted all along we can't carry on playing poor & expect to win games. All this crap written that winning matches when you're not playing well is a load of old tosh. Truth is we're not a good team, you can count on one hand when we've been really good out of our 26 matches this season

I said to my mates only last week "what the hell do we do in training as our game is littered with basic simple errors" at times they look like a bunch of players who have never played together !

I read somewhere that Lassoga has comeback fitter :shock: he looks like a donkey imo :flog:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Off the mark mate, no you are bang on Bert :tup:

Have insisted all along we can't carry on playing poor & expect to win games. All this crap written that winning matches when you're not playing well is a load of old tosh. Truth is we're not a good team, you can count on one hand when we've been really good out of our 26 matches this season

I said to my mates only last week "what the hell do we do in training as our game is littered with basic simple errors" at times they look like a bunch of players who have never played together !

I read somewhere that Lassoga has comeback fitter :shock: he looks like a donkey imo :flog:
So who is to blame? The owner, the coach, the players? The responsibilty lies somewhere. :(
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

What a corner straight on the the head of Pontus and into the back of the net. Leeds 1-0
Alioski traps the ball with his right foot takes one touch and strokes it passed the goalkeeper Leeds 2-0
What a goal from Kalvin a rocket of a shot from 35 yards Leeds 3-0
Beauty of a pass from Saiz to Roofe who vollies it in off the bar Leeds 4-0
Another defence splitting pass by Saiz and Hernandez chips the keeper once again Leeds 5-0
Lassogga at the back post with a looping header leaves the keeper helpless Leeds 6-0

What a game it might have been...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

rab_rant wrote:What a corner straight on the the head of Pontus and into the back of the net. Leeds 1-0
Alioski traps the ball with his right foot takes one touch and strokes it passed the goalkeeper Leeds 2-0
What a goal from Kalvin a rocket of a shot from 35 yards Leeds 3-0
Beauty of a pass from Saiz to Roofe who vollies it in off the bar Leeds 4-0
Another defence splitting pass by Saiz and Hernandez chips the keeper once again Leeds 5-0
Lassogga at the back post with a looping header leaves the keeper helpless Leeds 6-0

What a game it might have been...
Exactly - score any of those chances and we win the game - just one of those games where nothing goes in but that is football. We probably created more decent chances v Forest than we did in the 3 previous matches combined. We have to stop having this attitude that we will simply beat teams because we are Leeds. There is a cigarette paper between most teams in this division and just cos a team is nearer the bottom doesn't mean all their players are useless. Any team can have a bad run of results and plummet down the table then have a good run of results and rise up the table quickly and be the form team that no one wants to play - both Forest and Birmingham are capable of doing that just as we also have proved this season.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

whiteswan wrote:So who is to blame? The owner, the coach, the players? The responsibilty lies somewhere. :(
don't like to enter into the blame culture swanny but yes the responsibility does lie deeper than the players on the pitch , don't like to have a go at Radz as I feel he is doing a great job but could we have bought better players with a little bit more money spent "YES"

Does the manager know his best team / Does the manager play his best team "NO"
Why does the manager keep playing the 3/4 players who are poor week in week out , time for him to grow a pair and drop them and play all the future world beating youth were stock piling in the reserves , a fit and agile 17 yr old would be an improvement on a fat old lazy German up front .

don't want any negativity towards Radz as I think he loves the club and the fans but he might want to have a rethink regarding the quality of the players coming in , we as fans can see the positions that need filling with more quality players , why cant the coach and the chief scout ?????.
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote:Exactly - score any of those chances and we win the game - just one of those games where nothing goes in but that is football. We probably created more decent chances v Forest than we did in the 3 previous matches combined. We have to stop having this attitude that we will simply beat teams because we are Leeds. There is a cigarette paper between most teams in this division and just cos a team is nearer the bottom doesn't mean all their players are useless. Any team can have a bad run of results and plummet down the table then have a good run of results and rise up the table quickly and be the form team that no one wants to play - both Forest and Birmingham are capable of doing that just as we also have proved this season.

I agree with this, clearly the better team and we weren't far away from a rout. Rab doesn't even mention the cushioned header from Roofe to Lassoga who smashes in from point blank range - 7-0, and there were others. We're trying to hard right now.

also agree you can't look at the division and decide who's crap based on points accumulated this year. Birmingham are a good team. There's really not much between top and bottom in terms of quality apart from a couple of poor teams in Burton and Bolton, I still think Bristol City was one of the worst teams I've seen this season they weren't in the same class as us on the day
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I agree with this, clearly the better team and we weren't far away from a rout. Rab doesn't even mention the cushioned header from Roofe to Lassoga who smashes in from point blank range - 7-0, and there were others. We're trying to hard right now.
A scoreline highly unlikely as we have struggled to score 7 goals in our last 6 games. Not a matter of trying too hard, all our forward players are not prolific or clinical enough to hit the back of the net on a regular basis.....and that is one of the priority problems Radz/Orta need to resolve this month as we haven't got one player in the Championship Top 15 goalscorers chart
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Isn't that because we've not had one player play striker all season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Top scoring forward is Leon Clarke with 15 goals in around 2000 minutes playing a striker. Kemar Roofe 7 goals in around 800 minutes playing striker. Lets say he starts and finishes every game as striker and extrapolate that to 2000 minutes, that would be around 20 goals so far.