Gaetano Berardi - Heartfelt Moments!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Gaetano Berardi - Heartfelt Moments!

Post by Cjay »

Is todays player.

Signed in the summer 2014 the Swiss hardman has become something of a cult figure.

Though never really first choice, on the right he has had Sam Byram and Luke Ayling ahead of him, on the left Charlie Taylor.

He has developed a reputation as one of the most dependable members of the squad, and behind Pontus Jansson he may be the most popular with the fans.

So, where do peoples stand on the Swiss international?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
hector

Re: Gaetano Berardi

Post by hector »

He should be our 1st choice RB and the Nomad should have to earn his place....
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
gessa

Post by gessa »

^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

A definite cult hero and truly as passionate about Leeds as we are, he really deserves to wear the shirt, just wish the rest of the team were like him, we’d be top of the League. A Leeds legend in the making, top bloke :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
hector

Post by hector »

gessa wrote:^^^^^ What he said ^^^^^^^

:-D :-D
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
gessa

Post by gessa »

hector wrote::-D :-D
:wink:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Sam Byram had one very good season as did Luke Ayling

I wonder how many good seasons would Berardi had if not for suffering some serious injuries.
Revie would have relished the option of having Berardi in his small squad of players as Gaetano is old school, a player who is hard, committed, never gives up & would have done the defensive job expected by Don
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Really really bad.

The first goal wouldn't have happened had he not given the ball away cheaply.

At his best he is a solid left back but he isnt a natural and it showed yesterday. He was appalling and not being his natural position is no excuse for losing possession like he did.
Signed

King Cjay

Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Berardi needs to be given he's old Right Back slot again and Ayling dropped for a couple of games. He (Ayling) has played virtually every game of us this season and I think he's recent performances would suggest he needs to be taken out the team to see if he can recapture he's form of old.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Just read Berardi has put 8 crosses into the box . This season.
8!!!!!!

Love him and feel sorry for him but thats not good enough.

Cbj has to take his place imo.
Berardi should be right back, but he certainly cant be a left back, totally stifles our attacking threat down one side.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Another game where Berardi offered nothing going forward.

In the first half QPR targeted him and most of there threat was down our left.

Hopefully Cbj gets a chance like Cibicki, Berardi should be right back.

Its not his fault but its either right back or bench imo.
Signed

King Cjay

John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

I'm only a Yank, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but I thought Berardi was really solid along the back on Saturday. QPR were absolutely no threat on his side of the field.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

John in Louisiana wrote:I'm only a Yank, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but I thought Berardi was really solid along the back on Saturday. QPR were absolutely no threat on his side of the field.

He was, played very well and bailed out our goalkeeper too at one point, only player back covering a breakaway
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:He was, played very well and bailed out our goalkeeper too at one point, only player back covering a breakaway
That is how we set for a corner with our only tall players Pontus, Cooper & Ayling sent forward as we are basically a team of midgets

Berardi & Vieira do that job well :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Maybe a bit overly harsh . . . .

But there was certainly an occasion where he was to narrow and a chance came because of it. And he offers nothing going forward, not a thing.
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote:Maybe a bit overly harsh . . . .

But there was certainly an occasion where he was to narrow and a chance came because of it. And he offers nothing going forward, not a thing.
Can't have it both ways, Cjay. We've all been lamenting the fact that Ayling goes walkabout; if Berardi does the same and the move breaks down, our CHs are left totally exposed. Personally think there's enough creativity in our team for GB just to do the ugly stuff, the stuff he does so well and then give to the flair players
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote:Can't have it both ways, Cjay. We've all been lamenting the fact that Ayling goes walkabout; if Berardi does the same and the move breaks down, our CHs are left totally exposed. Personally think there's enough creativity in our team for GB just to do the ugly stuff, the stuff he does so well and then give to the flair players
There a happy medium though, most good full backs do it.

Balancing attack with defence, Ayling goes all out, Berardi goes not at all (not his fault entirely).
Signed

King Cjay

lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Cjay wrote:There a happy medium though, most good full backs do it.

Balancing attack with defence, Ayling goes all out, Berardi goes not at all (not his fault entirely).
I think the problem is the fact that he is naturally right footed. Will always have a tendency to drift inside, which narrows the game when he plays on the left. When he was played in his natural position, I seem to remember him getting on the overlap and delivering pretty decent crosses.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

lufc1304 wrote:I think the problem is the fact that he is naturally right footed. Will always have a tendency to drift inside, which narrows the game when he plays on the left. When he was played in his natural position, I seem to remember him getting on the overlap and delivering pretty decent crosses.
Agree with all that.

It isnt his fault entirely, takes a very talented player to play as a right footed left back and look totally at home.

Cesar Azpillicueta is able to do it, but few are.
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:Personally think there's enough creativity in our team for GB just to do the ugly stuff, the stuff he does so well and then give to the flair players
Agree entirely we don't need our full-backs bombing all over the pitch getting totally out of position