Super League

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Super League

Post by beer belly bert »

would the result have been any different if] Hardaker had played

NO

Castleford were making their first ever appearance in the games flagship final, whereas for the Rhinos it was their tenth outing, seeking to lift the trophy for the eighth time.The Tigers were the clear favourites with the bookies and unbeaten in the last eight against the Rhinos, but without the services of Club Player of the Year, Zak Hardaker, and with the Rhinos packed with big occasion players, including the last game for legends Rob Burrow and Danny McGuire, it was billed to be a classic final in front of a sell out crowd.
The Rhinos were superb tonight kicking , chasing , tackling , this game will be overshadowed by the "if Hardaker had played "take nothing away from the Rhinos tonight they would have crushed cas with or without Hardaker , I have been one of Mcdermots biggest critics but tonight he got it right

WELL DONE BRIAN

All that's left to say with a tear in my eye is THANKS DANNY & ROB good luck lads in whatever you do
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

WOW !

Where did that come from :shock:

Fantastic victory for the Rhinos :victory: I'm honestly stunned & numb after reading the report on the match, I suspect Marching On Together never sound sweeter around the Old Trafford stadium

Unfortunately I missed the game as we were out for a meal with friends :(

Still shocked but a very happy Leeds man :shock: :-D
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Sad for Castleford in a way, finishing top of the pile in a near-flawless season, then all they get is a leader's cup or some such.

Still, it is what it is - same for everybody.

Congrats to Leeds and their fans for winning in style. They were on their best form when it mattered.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

So failed drug test that got Hardaker in the end . Cas signed him 6 months into a 12 month loan giving him a 4 yr contract and paying Leeds £150k not a lot in football terms but a kings ransome to Cas , Should be a 2yr ban at least so Cas need to terminate his contract asap , feel so sorry for the Cas fans (let down on the biggest day of there history by a local lad ). Daryl Powell put his reputation on the line and took a chance on him which has been thrown back in his face , Let down by a complete empty headed idiot so my 2nd apology to Brian mac in 3 days well done Brian for off loading him from the Rhinos
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

beer belly bert wrote:

So failed drug test that got Hardaker in the end . Cas signed him 6 months into a 12 month loan giving him a 4 yr contract and paying Leeds £150k not a lot in football terms but a kings ransome to Cas , Should be a 2yr ban at least so Cas need to terminate his contract asap , feel so sorry for the Cas fans (let down on the biggest day of there history by a local lad ). Daryl Powell put his reputation on the line and took a chance on him which has been thrown back in his face , Let down by a complete empty headed idiot so my 2nd apology to Brian mac in 3 days well done Brian for off loading him from the Rhinos
Well said Bert - thoughtful compassionate sentiments and I agree about the arrogant hothead. Somebody else'll give him a chance though.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote:So failed drug test that got Hardaker in the end . Cas signed him 6 months into a 12 month loan giving him a 4 yr contract and paying Leeds £150k not a lot in football terms but a kings ransome to Cas , Should be a 2yr ban at least so Cas need to terminate his contract asap , feel so sorry for the Cas fans (let down on the biggest day of there history by a local lad ). Daryl Powell put his reputation on the line and took a chance on him which has been thrown back in his face , Let down by a complete empty headed idiot so my 2nd apology to Brian mac in 3 days well done Brian for off loading him from the Rhinos
Spot on Bert....and a nice nod to Brian mac :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Norm wrote: Somebody else'll give him a chance though.
They might have to wait a while for him though Norm....
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:So failed drug test that got Hardaker in the end . Cas signed him 6 months into a 12 month loan giving him a 4 yr contract and paying Leeds £150k not a lot in football terms but a kings ransome to Cas , Should be a 2yr ban at least so Cas need to terminate his contract asap , feel so sorry for the Cas fans (let down on the biggest day of there history by a local lad ). Daryl Powell put his reputation on the line and took a chance on him which has been thrown back in his face , Let down by a complete empty headed idiot so my 2nd apology to Brian mac in 3 days well done Brian for off loading him from the Rhinos
Hardaker has shamed the game letting down his clubs, managers, coleagues & fans, hopefully the book is thrown at him with a hefty ban

BM deserves so much credit for making tough decisions & remaining dignified. Also a apology from us fans who lost patience with him showing immense character in the end
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Hardaker has shamed the game letting down his clubs, managers, coleagues & fans, hopefully the book is thrown at him with a hefty ban

BM deserves so much credit for making tough decisions & remaining dignified. Also a apology from us fans who lost patience with him showing immense character in the end
Indeed he has 64, hopefully the book will be thrown at him. This (unfortunate) arrogant young man gives me the impression that he doesn't really care regarding his actions from what I've seen media wise. ( how can someone who really gives a toss can do what he did is beyond me). Yes! Brian Mac knew what he was doing in offloading him, he obviously saw the flaw in the diamond!....Good on you and Bert for coming out in support of McDermott.....he certainly took some stick this season.....his interviews straight after the semi final (particularly) and after the grand final show what an emotional man he is....
Can't believe the super league season is over, doesn't seem two mins since I started this thread.... :duno:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

1964white wrote:

Hardaker has shamed the game letting down his clubs, managers, coleagues & fans, hopefully the book is thrown at him with a hefty ban

Also well said Leon; BMcD may not be the best ever manager but who cares when his acumen AND dignity have been verified beyond all possible doubt! :tup:

I'm not even a Rhinos fan yet I can see the good he's done in this most difficult season.
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

whiteswan wrote:They might have to wait a while for him though Norm....
the ban should be 2yrs at least if RFL stick to the rules , one other point that's not been mentioned is the fact that England are losing his services as well down under and they realy could do with him in Aus , Hope and pray none of the T.V channels use him as a pundit either.

2YRS ON
Cant see any of the bigger teams wanting him in super league ,Aussies have a very dim view of drug taking so no deal there , his best bet will be Canada or France
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

just dropped my lad off at his mates at 7:00 this morning as he is off to Birmingham for the good food show on my way back I noticed some of the Rhinos players were already in and training , when I see commitment like this it makes me realise what a different set of sportsmen the rugby players are to footballers ,
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote:just dropped my lad off at his mates at 7:00 this morning as he is off to Birmingham for the good food show on my way back I noticed some of the Rhinos players were already in and training , when I see commitment like this it makes me realise what a different set of sportsmen the rugby players are to footballers ,
Totally different mentality Bert

Rugby players are hard & committed

Footballers are soft & pampered......wasn't always the case during the 60's/70's though
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Anyone going to the boxing day match between Leeds and Wakefield?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote:Anyone going to the boxing day match between Leeds and Wakefield?
Generally I'd be still celebrating Christmas with Jill as she use to work after Boxing Day. Now she only has self-employed job we both enjoy at least a week off work, so I am heading off to watch Burton v Leeds on Boxing Day, I'm missing the Forest home game on New Years Day as it is Jill's birthday :-D
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

whiteswan wrote:Anyone going to the boxing
day match between Leeds and Wakefield?
Not worth it swan, full admission price and no $ 1ST team players
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

1964white wrote:Generally I'd be still celebrating Christmas with Jill as she use to work after Boxing Day. Now she only has self-employed job we both enjoy at least a week off work, so I am heading off to watch Burton v Leeds on Boxing Day, I'm missing the Forest home game on New Years Day as it is Jill's birthday :-D
Hope Leeds can manage the win for you on Boxing day 64....I'm sure you'll find somewhere special to go for Jill's birthday :-D
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

beer belly bert wrote:Not worth it swan, full admission price and no $ 1ST team players
Ah, I didn't realise that there were no first team players Bert. We may be up in Wakey for Christmas this year and as the match is being played at Belle Vue, I thought it might be a nice thing to go to, walking distance from my folks place :lol:
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

RL World Cup Final tomorrow morning live on BBC1 at 08.30am. Can we give the Aussies a game (like the group game), or are they going to muller us again ?
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Gandalf wrote:RL World Cup Final tomorrow morning live on BBC1 at 08.30am. Can we give the Aussies a game (like the group game), or are they going to muller us again ?
Thanks for that Gandalf, I'll set the recorder now. I can't see us winning but I hope we give a good account of ourselves. I love rugby league. :-D