Freebies

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Freebies

Post by Cjay »

Slow today so make another thread :roflmao:

Was looking at the players out of contract, not much out there but 1 name stood out.

Jan Kirchhof.
Ex Sunderland player, crucial in there survival under Big Sam. Bundesliga experience, big unit capable of playing cb and dm. Injury problems but get him fit could he be a short term answer?

Thought about our gk situation and the sort of gk TC wants and a name sprung to mind.

Recently retired but only 35, probably not going to happen but Victor Orta knows him.
Victor Valdes.

Long shot of course but would it be worth asking the question?
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Freebies

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Slow today so make another thread :roflmao:
That's nothing unusual about the quietness on here Cjay

You just to keep plugging away mate !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Was looking at the players out of contract, not much out there but 1 name stood out.

Jan Kirchhof.
Ex Sunderland player, crucial in there survival under Big Sam. Bundesliga experience, big unit capable of playing cb and dm. Injury problems but get him fit could he be a short term answer?

Thought about our gk situation and the sort of gk TC wants and a name sprung to mind.

Recently retired but only 35, probably not going to happen but Victor Orta knows him.
Victor Valdes.

Won't resolve the problems right now as we can't bring any players in until the January Transfer Window opens. We have to find a way of being much stronger & playing a different way with the playing staff we've got now !
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:Won't resolve the problems right now as we can't bring any players in until the January Transfer Window opens. We have to find a way of being much stronger & playing a different way with the playing staff we've got now !
Your allowed to bring in out of contract players i believe.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

1964white wrote:That's nothing unusual about the quietness on here Cjay

You just to keep plugging away mate !
Actual meant my day :lol:

But is a bit quiet here to come to mention it
Signed

King Cjay

gessa

Post by gessa »

Jan Kirchhof.

Victor Valdes.

Personally I don't think either are the answer, we don't have time to get an injury prone player up to speed and Valdes probably retired for a good reason, anyway Lonegan is a decent keeper imo and we have to get Cooper back to the form he was showing a few weeks back. It's hard but we have to wait until January now.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cjay wrote:Actual meant my day :lol:

But is a bit quiet here to come to mention it
Sometimes you would think we haven't got a football club :roll:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

gessa wrote:Personally I don't think either are the answer, we don't have time to get an injury prone player up to speed and Valdes probably retired for a good reason, anyway Lonegan is a decent keeper imo and we have to get Cooper back to the form he was showing a few weeks back. It's hard but we have to wait until January now.
Have to hope that happens because the Cooper of last season isnt good enough
Signed

King Cjay

1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Personally I don't think either are the answer, we don't have time to get an injury prone player up to speed and Valdes probably retired for a good reason, anyway Lonegan is a decent keeper imo and we have to get Cooper back to the form he was showing a few weeks back. It's hard but we have to wait until January now.
Lonergan & the return of Cooper will help our defensive frailties, I'd even be tempted to play Berardi in his correct position after Ayling's last two performances

Player of the month you're having a laugh :shocked:
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Jan Kirchhof.

Victor Valdes.

I totally agree with this Cjay I really liked Kirchoff at Sunderland can play a variety of roles as well CB or CDM mainly EXACTLY what we need, great suggestion that mate :tup: did have a few injuries last season but I think he can do a job for a few months. January though there is only one defender I want it starts with B and ends in artley :wink:
Valdes I can't see happening tbh, plus I don't really think our keeper situation is too bad Lonergan is capable if Wiedwald's poor form continues.
As Leon says keep plugging away with the threads mate :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Oscar wrote:I totally agree with this Cjay I really liked Kirchoff at Sunderland can play a variety of roles as well CB or CDM mainly EXACTLY what we need, great suggestion that mate :tup: did have a few injuries last season but I think he can do a job for a few months. January though there is only one defender I want it starts with B and ends in artley :wink:
Valdes I can't see happening tbh, plus I don't really think our keeper situation is too bad Lonergan is capable if Wiedwald's poor form continues.
As Leon says keep plugging away with the threads mate :tup:
I think he would be a great signing short term. Played at a higher level then us, kinda similar to Lasogga, highly rated as a kid, injuries and such meant never quite happened, point to prove. On the injury front the last player who we got who had a bad injury history was a certain big bloke who likes hats :twisted:

Valdes was more a fantasy football thing :roflmao:

Thanks mate, as i said i actually meant my work day was slow, but i shall keep rambling on :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Bump.
Caulker available . If he can sort out his demons certainly quality.

Gabriel Paletta- 200 Serie A apps over the last 7 years, including 30 last season for AC Milan.

Philipp Wollscheid- over 100 Bundesliga and 50 Prem apps last few years.

3 international defenders.
Signed

King Cjay