Millwall v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Millwall v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

stevewall wrote:thanks for the footballing lesson we really enjoyed it no one ever gives millwall any credit understand that up to a point but we have played better than will be top half and yesterday's result won't actually look that bad, and despite the needle that seems to persist between us the only time I happy to see leeds get beat is when you play us,, despite your dislike for us we are 2 proper working class clubs . this could well be your year and this time next season you could be back in the sky ruined happy clappy plastic premiership strange thing is I and a lot of millwall fans will hope you do well , I'm old enough to remember the Don review leeds which still in my eyes was one of the best club sides I ever saw
Welcome to the MOT forum

The best team by a country mile won yesterday

We are much better than what you witnessed & I'm pretty sure we'll bounce back from that defeat

By all means keep posting your thoughts on the 'Wall' & football in general if you wish Steve

This topic should remain on our front page throughout this season

Good luck :tup:
gessa

Post by gessa »

Just back from being stuck in the middle of a Welsh field all weekend, boy it was depressing reading this, a lot of changes for Burnley and back to winning ways against Ipswich hopefully.

Lessons will be learned I feel as Christiansen is an intelligent footballing coach

Our main concern has to be Jansson's injury, hopefully it's not too bad
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Just back from being stuck in the middle of a Welsh field all weekend, boy it was depressing reading this, a lot of changes for Burnley and back to winning ways against Ipswich hopefully
Lessons will be learned I feel as Christiansen is an intelligent footballing coach

gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Lessons will be learned I feel as Christiansen is an intelligent footballing coach

We were always going to get this kind of performance think we could struggle most of the season with the more physical teams. Not to worry Newcastle lost 10 games last season and still won it.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote:Lessons will be learned I feel as Christiansen is an intelligent footballing coach

It seems to me that Pontus has had troubles with his legs during many games last season
I can remember him going down on many occasions and clutching his hamstring. Sometimes
I think he did it to take the sting out of the game and give us a breather and at other times
it could have just been cramp. Does he have a history of injury when he played with Torino?
I hope he makes a speedy recovery whatever it was cos with him and Cooper out we look
pretty threadbare in defence.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

rab_rant wrote:It seems to me that Pontus has had troubles with his legs during many games last season
I can remember him going down on many occasions and clutching his hamstring. Sometimes
I think he did it to take the sting out of the game and give us a breather and at other times
it could have just been cramp. Does he have a history of injury when he played with Torino?
I hope he makes a speedy recovery whatever it was cos with him and Cooper out we look
pretty threadbare in defence.
Unfortunately he has been very much injury prone prior to signing for us and for whatever reason seems to pick up injuries very easily - like you say most matches he seems to have a moment where he appears to have gotten injured.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

stevewall wrote:thanks for the footballing lesson we really enjoyed it no one ever gives millwall any credit understand that up to a point but we have played better than will be top half and yesterday's result won't actually look that bad, and despite the needle that seems to persist between us the only time I happy to see leeds get beat is when you play us,, despite your dislike for us we are 2 proper working class clubs . this could well be your year and this time next season you could be back in the sky ruined happy clappy plastic premiership strange thing is I and a lot of millwall fans will hope you do well , I'm old enough to remember the Don review leeds which still in my eyes was one of the best club sides I ever saw
I'll give you credit, you gave us a bit of a footballing lesson, our newer players and im sure manager will have learned a lot. You deserved the win and it could have been and probably should have been 4 or 5.
No problem admitting that, none whatsoever, when im wrong as i was in my above prediction then i will hold my hands up :-D

Dont dislike millwall as a team, its a section of your knuckledragging, neanderthal fans i cant stand.

Appreciate we all have those to some degree but it was your lot who upset me as a child and it stayed with me :twisted:

However you won fair and square :scarf2:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
stevewall
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by stevewall »

just been looking at your forays into other clubs forums you mention gradually building up to a millwall one , well there are no guarantees in life for anything but I genuinely think you might be pleasantly surprised , glad to see your season is still going OK I think you have a genuine chance still think we will be top half only wolves look a real cut above the rest good luck for the rest of the season