Brighton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Re: Brighton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by NorfolkWhite »

radebe88 wrote:Definatly isnt an exaggeration. If he wasnt an academy player you would think the same. If we bought him in the summer from Preston you would think he was garbage. Just blind worship of the local lads.
He doesnt have one attribute that stands out and gave the ball away everytime he got it until his red card tonight and for the full game against Newcastle too
Loves a tackle and great at breaking up play, did this fantastically away at Norwich, really put their midfield under pressure. He's a young lad and is developing (as are the majority of the squad), cut the lad a bit of slack.

Matt Grimes also not doing bad since he came on.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

...............only lost a point in reality...let's move on ...3 pts next match !!!

MOT :shirt: :shirt: :shirt: :shirt:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

What a s**t game. s**t ref. Brighton winning by 2 pens. Really not convinced by Phillips "deliberate hand ball", look at the Newcastle game when the absolute hand ball and a pen wasn't given for us. The "clash of heads involving Wood", wow. My conspiracy theory mentality is in overdrive right now :evil: We do need to play better though. Wtf with Sacko coming off for Grimes though :shock: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

radebe88 wrote:"Loves a tackle" so did Michael Brown. Not having this young player thing. 21 isnt that young anymore at this level. Most players are peaking much earlier no days.

Just look at Grimes now. He has done so much more in this half than Phillips has in his last 5 games. And Grimes himself is a squad player at best
Yep - and when MB was here he often looked like the only one who gave a damn, KP maybe 21 but he's playing alongside RV who's what 18? Against a team who have just gone top, the improvement that's seen us get to 4th has been achieved with a very inexperienced midfield and I'd take watching them any day over some of the dross we've had over the last 10 years. Things look better with these lads in the team than they have for a long time IMHO.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Not the end of the world. Brighton win with two pens, down to ten men after 23 minutes playing a team at the top of the league with a squad much deeper than ours. Not good by any means from Leeds but win our next home two games & we are still in the mix
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:What a s**t game. s**t ref. Brighton winning by 2 pens. Really not convinced by Phillips "deliberate hand ball", look at the Newcastle game when the absolute hand ball and a pen wasn't given for us. The "clash of heads involving Wood", wow. My conspiracy theory mentality is in overdrive right now :evil: We do need to play better though. Wtf with Sacko coming off for Grimes though :shock: :bear:
Too right young lady :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

NorfolkWhite wrote:Yep - and when MB was here he often looked like the only one who gave a damn, KP maybe 21 but he's playing alongside RV who's what 18? Against a team who have just gone top, the improvement that's seen us get to 4th has been achieved with a very inexperienced midfield and I'd take watching them any day over some of the dross we've had over the last 10 years. Things look better with these lads in the team than they have for a long time IMHO.
Bang on NW :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Monk interview coming up
gessa

Post by gessa »

Always was going to be a tough game even with 11 players, I don't think many would have been too surprised with a defeat in any circumstance, the bright spot out of tonight was they tried hard and never gave up.

Green 5 - ! good save but was caught flapping on a few occasions, 1 which lead to the first goal
Ayling 4 - His worst game for us that I've seen him play, too many loose passes and slack tackles.
Bartley- 6 Did ok but gave the 2nd penalty away for something I said earlier in the season he does too often but seems to get away with.
Jansson 6 - A few good tackles but sloppy for the most part, seems to be getting very casual in his play.
Taylor 7 - Played well for the most part, no out let for him to pass to when he went forward
Phillips 3 A game he'll want to forget and will hopefully learn from
Vieira 8 MotM for me, never stopped running and got stuck in, a few slack passes but all in all a good game
Sacko 4 Not in it again, he doesn't impress me, looses the ball far too often and his passing is woeful, has pace but little else.
Roofe 4 Not in the game at all, surprised he stayed on
Doukara 5 Plays with a lot of effort nbut not great ability.
Wood 5 No service but on every occasion bar one when he had a chance to hold the ball he lost it.

Grimes 7 - Best game I've seen him have for us.
Dallas5 a few good things but not in the game really

We really could do with O'Kane, Bridcutt and Pablo back now, looks like we could do with freshening up.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hope O'Kane is fit for the Reading game

We also need Bridcutt & the influential Hernandez back as soon as possible to give us more options
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Green 5
Ayling 4
Bartley 5
Jansson 6
Taylor 7
Phillips 1
Vieira 8 (MOTM)
Sacko 3
Roofe 3
Doukara 4
Wood 4

Grimes 7
Dallas 5

We really could do with O'Kane, Bridcutt and Pablo back now, looks like we could do with freshening up.[/quote]
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

gessa wrote:Always was going to be a tough game even with 11 players, I don't think many would have been too surprised with a defeat in any circumstance, the bright spot out of tonight was they tried hard and never gave up.

Green 5 - ! good save but was caught flapping on a few occasions, 1 which lead to the first goal
Ayling 4 - His worst game for us that I've seen him play, too many loose passes and slack tackles.
Bartley- 6 Did ok but gave the 2nd penalty away for something I said earlier in the season he does too often but seems to get away with.
Jansson 6 - A few good tackles but sloppy for the most part, seems to be getting very casual in his play.
Taylor 7 - Played well for the most part, no out let for him to pass to when he went forward
Phillips 3 A game he'll want to forget and will hopefully learn from
Vieira 8 MotM for me, never stopped running and got stuck in, a few slack passes but all in all a good game
Sacko 4 Not in it again, he doesn't impress me, looses the ball far too often and his passing is woeful, has pace but little else.
Roofe 4 Not in the game at all, surprised he stayed on
Doukara 5 Plays with a lot of effort nbut not great ability.
Wood 5 No service but on every occasion bar one when he had a chance to hold the ball he lost it.

Grimes 7 - Best game I've seen him have for us.
Dallas5 a few good things but not in the game really

We really could do with O'Kane, Bridcutt and Pablo back now, looks like we could do with freshening up.
When you say no service for Wood what do you mean, no point crossing for him because he can't head a ball, nor can he flick a ball on with his head, he's go no pace so the through ball is out.

Outside of that what little I saw (maybe 25 minutes) Ayling was typical Ayling he's a nice back up to have on the bench for a game or two but Beradi is easily the best right back at the club...or was, he's not played much recently.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote:What :shock:
What what?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Raiders beaten on a Thursday and now Leeds on a Friday I hate these unusual kick off times...
gessa

Post by gessa »

faaip wrote:When you say no service for Wood what do you mean, no point crossing for him because he can't head a ball, nor can he flick a ball on with his head, he's go no pace so the through ball is out.

Outside of that what little I saw (maybe 25 minutes) Ayling was typical Ayling he's a nice back up to have on the bench for a game or two but Beradi is easily the best right back at the club...or was, he's not played much recently.
I wouldn't by any stretch call him a poacher but his strongest point is he picks up the pieces to get goals and he's there for the tap ins, we hardly got the ball in the box for any of that to happen.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Once again been done by Brighton a poor performance which shows with not one decent attempt on goal.The 2nd penalty killed it but it was a stupid thing to do.once again we cause more problems for ourselves than the opposition do.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Starting to wonder about Jansson, agree with earlier comments about him looking too casual. I wasnt impressed with his Cruyff turn against Villa and he seems to be smiling at everybody too much instead of concentrating on the game, think he has been reading some of the pumped up stuff about himself and getting above his self !! He also seems to concede corners at an alarming rate when there are other options......imho !!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Too many players off the pace last night. Too many misplaced passes. Monk got us organised in the second half, but we had no attacking threat.

The defence , with the exception of Charlie, were all under par. Vieira was MOM, he must have covered miles, Roofe was invisible. Grimes played OK when he came on. A night to forget.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Reading these analyses and getting the impression that all is not well, have we been seduced by fools' gold? I am especially depressed by the comments about Jansson - I hope that he isn't going to be the latest CB to fall apart after gaining initial acceptance and rave reviews.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Didn't see the game so only reading your comments and I suppose a lot of negatives.
Well lost to a good outdid and a team of some experience we didn't match I suppose.But we all must take heart from the season to date firstly our home record has to me dramatically improved i.e performance level and all round team effort.
So if we keep working and picking up points on the road and just trying to kee in top six or seven we are fine . Rememembering we are three good players missing and all is not lost not yet .MOT.