Wolves v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Re: Wolves v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gurj »

Atmosphere in Leeds end today was just incredible - was in the corner by the wolves South bank end and the banter with their fans was funny. So many teenage fans of theirs acting like hard men lol

The surge when Leeds scored was crazy, fans flying over seats in euphoria !

Match wise, back 5 (including Green) were generally solid as a rock with Jannsen simply majestic and Barts class too.

Scrappy game overall but unlike the derby game we got that vital first goal. Much improved display by Roofe, Sacko just needs to work on end product.
Main man in midfield was O'Kane again, proving to be a brilliant signing. Word for Wood too, worked he's socks off and deserved a goal.

All in all a magic away day :-)
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Thought that was a poor game littered with errors from both teams We were solid at the back but offered little quality in midfield & going forward. Thought we played better at Derby & got nothing,
We weren't great however Wolves were abysmal. Good three points though but we need to up our game when we play the top teams. We do have the benefit with the likes of Bridcutt, Dallas, Hernandez & Berardi to return which will add more quality to our first eleven

Green 7
Ayling 7
Bartley 8
Jansson 10 (faultless)
Taylor 7
Phillips 5
O'Kane 8
Sacko 5
Vieira 6
Roofe 6
Wood 7
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCDATA ‏@LUFCDATA
Pontus Jansson & Kyle Bartley vs. Wolves:

22 clearances
13 headers won
7 blocks
3 tackles won
2 injuries
1 clean sheet
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

I was at the game today,however, wasn't able to do a VLOG as I was in the Wolves end and it was far too risky :lol: . I was just delighted to get tickets and luckily I know Steve Daley (ex Wolves player) quite well and he managed to get me and a friend tickets :tup:.
I had never been to Molineux before I was very very impressed and it is easily one of the best grounds in the Championship, an excellent place to watch football :tup: .
Will definitely be planning to go to Wolves away next season (assuming we will be in the same league :wink: ).

Anyway on to the game, great win first half was a poor game of football from both teams, however, we had 2 great chances before half time and I thought we did ok. In the second half I thought we were absolutely superb, we finally got our goal with 20 minutes to go and were always a threat on the counter attack and probably deserved to win by 2 or 3 goals today.
So that's deserved wins at : Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Wolves plus 2 good/excellent performances at Derby and Bristol City for Garry . It also means we have played 5 of the toughest/more difficult away games already.

Garry got his tactics absolutely spot on playing 4-3-3. It gave Wolves creative players Teixeira and Costa no space to cause us serious problems for the majority of the game. Also allowed Sacko, Wood and Roofe to counter attack quickly.

Player Ratings:
Green 7- Brilliant save in the first half and judged everything very well in terms of crosses etc. Wasn't tested at all in the second half, however, Rob looks much more confident.
Ayling 7- Similar to Rob Green he is improving, defensively he is still making some errors, however, he did well going forward today and was good overall defensively.
Bartley 8- Fantastic once again.
Jansson 9- Man Of The Match, he is just a fantastic defender made 2 goal saving tackles in the first half. I don't think any other Leeds player in the history of the club has ever made this good a start to their Leeds career Pontus has been a strong contender for man of the match in every game he has played so far it is incredible .
Taylor 8- Excellent performance defensively and going forward.
Phillips 5- One or two clever passes, however, Kalvin made one or two really poor decisions which could have led to goals, however, I say could have led to goals you still have to get past our two centre backs :wink:.
O'Kane 7- Second half Eunan was absolutely superb.
Viera 7- I thought Ronaldo was excellent in the second half as well.
Sacko 6- Excellent work for our goal, however, he also had a fantastic chance to score in the first half and had a quiet game overall.
Wood 8- Brilliant second half and his link up play with the play with the midfield was crucial. He always gives 100% and is such an intelligent player he is so much more than just a goalscorer.
Roofe 7- Fantastic second half and got his first Leeds goal, he dribbles past players so so easily. Off the ball I thought Kemar was excellent as well.
We March On :scarf2:
Last edited by Oscar on Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Gary Shaw wrote:To be honest mate, In my opinion I am not sure we have got to a stage of needing to think outside the box just yet unless we lose our next 2 games.
I know Charlie can play on the left wing, however, is he going to score more goals than Roofe from that position?
Tyler Denton would be one of the first names on my team sheet vs Norwich (I really hope he gets his chance in that game I think he has a lot of potential.)
What I think we are lacking at the moment is goals from the 3 players behind Wood and although Roofe has been disappointing so far (I am still convinced he will be a great signing), he is the most likely of our wingers and attacking midfielders to score goals in my opinion. I am not sure playing Charlie on the left wing will increase our goal threat. I keep saying it, however, as soon as Roofe scores 1 goal for Leeds I think he will go on a brilliant goal scoring run. The longer Kemar goes without a goal though the more the pressure will increase, if I got a choice of one Leeds player to score tomorrow it would be Roofe.

:wink: :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Sadly it was an own goal - even Kemar admitted it was after the match.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

weasel wrote:Sadly it was an own goal - even Kemar admitted it was after the match.
Own goal or not, it doesn't matter at least Roofe was in the right place to cause problems in the Wolves defence and ultimately win us the game. :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote:Sadly it was an own goal - even Kemar admitted it was after the match.
Certainly was an own goal, I was in line with the cross about 20 yards away & the Wolves full-back Silvio definitely slide the ball into his own net. Sacko was claiming it more than Roofe :shock:

BBC, SKY, Daily Mail plus other media's have credited the goal to Roofe which you'd expect from such organisations :roll: The travelling fans at the ground know the real score......if that wasn't an own goal I'm heading off to Specsavers later :wink:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote::wink: :lol:
Wipe that smile off your face Oscar, you'll have to wait a bit longer for Roofe's first goal

Silvio definitely slid the cross into his own net
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:I was at the game today,however, wasn't able to do a VLOG as I was in the Wolves end and it was far too risky :lol: . I was just delighted to get tickets and luckily I know Steve Daley (ex Wolves player) quite well and he managed to get me and a friend tickets :tup:.
I had never been to Molineux before I was very very impressed and it is easily one of the best grounds in the Championship, an excellent place to watch football :tup: .
Will definitely be planning to go to Wolves away next season (assuming we will be in the same league :wink: ).

Anyway on to the game, great win first half was a poor game of football from both teams, however, we had 2 great chances before half time and I thought we did ok. In the second half I thought we were absolutely superb, we finally got our goal with 20 minutes to go and were always a threat on the counter attack and probably deserved to win by 2 or 3 goals today.
So that's deserved wins at : Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Wolves plus 2 good/excellent performances at Derby and Bristol City for Garry . It also means we have played 5 of the toughest/more difficult away games already.

Garry got his tactics absolutely spot on playing 4-3-3. It gave Wolves creative players Teixeira and Costa no space to cause us serious problems for the majority of the game. Also allowed Sacko, Wood and Roofe to counter attack quickly.

Player Ratings:
Green 7- Brilliant save in the first half and judged everything very well in terms of crosses etc. Wasn't tested at all in the second half, however, Rob looks much more confident.
Ayling 7- Similar to Rob Green he is improving, defensively he is still making some errors, however, he did well going forward today and was good overall defensively.
Bartley 8- Fantastic once again.
Jansson 9- Man Of The Match, he is just a fantastic defender made 2 goal saving tackles in the first half. I don't think any other Leeds player in the history of the club has ever made this good a start to their Leeds career Pontus has been a strong contender for man of the match in every game he has played so far it is incredible .
Taylor 8- Excellent performance defensively and going forward.
Phillips 5- One or two clever passes, however, Kalvin made one or two really poor decisions which could have led to goals, however, I say could have led to goals you still have to get past our two centre backs :wink:.
O'Kane 7- Second half Eunan was absolutely superb.
Viera 7- I thought Ronaldo was excellent in the second half as well.
Sacko 6- Excellent work for our goal, however, he also had a fantastic chance to score in the first half and had a quiet game overall.
Wood 8- Brilliant second half and his link up play with the play with the midfield was crucial. He always gives 100% and is such an intelligent player he is so much more than just a goalscorer.
Roofe 7- Fantastic second half and got his first Leeds goal, he dribbles past players so so easily. Off the ball I thought Kemar was excellent as well.
We March On :scarf2:
Thought our midfield was poor & all a bit messy yesterday hence why I only gave O'Kane an 8 & the rest 6 or under, they did a job but we need Bridcutt, Dallas & Hernandez back as soon as possible

Thank god for our two centre-backs & O'Kane who are holding us together right now, lose anyone of those three & it could all go pear-shape :(
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Pontus gives the shirt off his his back :-)

1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote:Pontus gives the shirt off his his back :-)
Often see the two guys at away matches who filmed this, three of our members were stood to the left of them.

Our fans love Pontus :luv:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Own goal or not, it doesn't matter at least Roofe was in the right place to cause problems in the Wolves defence and ultimately win us the game. :-D
Yeah would have been nice though if it had been Roofe scoring as it would have given him a bit more confidence.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

Whoscored.com and Squawka two of the most reliable and best for football stats have given the goal to Kemar Roofe. From where I was sat it looked like Kemar's goal, however, if Kemar has admitted it wasn't his goal (and absolute fair play to Kemar for being honest). I would imagine Silvio will not want the own goal and because there is an element of doubt, the goal has been given to Kemar Roofe. I noticed this a few times last season in the Premier League and Championship where there was a clear own goal, however, the goal was given to the striker maybe the striker is being given the benefit of the doubt or the defender just doesn't want the own goal :lol: . I hope it will be confirmed as Kemar's goal as I tweeted to Kemar yesterday to congratulate him on his first goal for Leeds :lol:.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The only Leeds player that it could technically go to would be Sacko because he was the last Leeds player to touch it before it went in but as it wasn't going to go in until the defender touched it then I can't see that happening. As people bet on the goalscorers in the matches (and the bookies will earn more if it was an own goal) it will stand as an own goal.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:Thought our midfield was poor & all a bit messy yesterday hence why I only gave O'Kane an 8 & the rest 6 or under, they did a job but we need Bridcutt, Dallas & Hernandez back as soon as possible

Thank god for our two centre-backs & O'Kane who are holding us together right now, lose anyone of those three & it could all go pear-shape :(
First half, neither team could pass the ball further than 5 yards (some players even struggled to manage that) or manage to string 2 passes together. Second half, I thought our midfield was much much better Eunan and Ronaldo ran the midfield in the second half. The second half was very pleasing looked good on and off the ball lost count of how many errors we forced Wolves into.
Getting Bridcutt and Hernandez back will be great, in my opinion we don't miss Stuart Dallas at all. Roofe is much more skillful (some of the skills he was pulling off in that second half were incredible and something we haven't seen since Snodgrass and Gradel), more of a goal threat and more attack minded than Dallas, Dallas is better off the ball, however, I think when Bridcutt is in the team we can afford to have an attacking 3 of: Sacko, Pablo and Roofe.
I was desperate to applaud (despite being in the Wolves end) when O'Kane was on the floor with 3 players around him and still manged to keep hold of the ball and then managed to get back to his feet and dribbled past all 3 players and we nearly scored. And every time Roofe tried a cruyff turn on Silvio at least 2-3 times and succeeded every time. It was probably a good idea not to applaud though :lol:.
I thought tactically Garry got it absolutely spot on with the 4-3-3 and we thoroughly deserved the win. Most of the Wolves fans were saying that they thought Leeds deserved the win and that we totally outplayed them in the second half.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

weasel wrote:The only Leeds player that it could technically go to would be Sacko because he was the last Leeds player to touch it before it went in but as it wasn't going to go in until the defender touched it then I can't see that happening. As people bet on the goalscorers in the matches (and the bookies will earn more if it was an own goal) it will stand as an own goal.
To be honest mate I have watched it again on TV, it genuinely looks like Roofe's goal to me. The way the ball has gone in as well makes it look likes Roofe's goal, if it was Silvio who got the last touch I would have expected the ball to have gone in at the near post from that type of cross.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:Whoscored.com and Squawka two of the most reliable and best for football stats have given the goal to Kemar Roofe. From where I was sat it looked like Kemar's goal, however, if Kemar has admitted it wasn't his goal (and absolute fair play to Kemar for being honest). I would imagine Silvio will not want the own goal and because there is an element of doubt, the goal has been given to Kemar Roofe. I noticed this a few times last season in the Premier League and Championship where there was a clear own goal, however, the goal was given to the striker maybe the striker is being given the benefit of the doubt or the defender just doesn't want the own goal :lol: . I hope it will be confirmed as Kemar's goal as I tweeted to Kemar yesterday to congratulate him on his first goal for Leeds :lol:.
Even LUFC official site have called this right Oscar :shock:

All our members stood are around me call it an own-goal as we were right in line with it, Silvio slid in with his foot & diverted the ball into the net