Wolves v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Wolves v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Another tough encounter awaits us at Molineux this Saturday

Surely Monk has to make a couple of changes, lets hope he makes the correct ones

I personally would try something different down the left even though I'm not a fan of playing players out of their natural position

Dallas is out
Mowatt can go paddle on Scarborough beach for all I care
Roofe still looks out of his depth

Also O'Kane needs help in the middle of the park so drop curly tops to the bench & replace him with Ronaldo

That leaves us with no one to fill in on the left side or does it ?

Green

Ayling Bartley Jansson Denton

O'Kane Vieira

Sacko Hernandez Taylor

Wood

Big ask for young Denton, hopefully Charlie would cover him as much as he possibly can. Might be just the change we require to boost out lack of goals by pushing Taylor forward, could also be a kick-up the backside for Charlie as he hasn't impressed me of late in the LB role. Unfortunately i doubt Berardi is ready yet or my suggestion would be to play him in the LB position. I suspect Gaetano will make his comeback in the Norwich cup game next Tuesday night
1964white

Re: Wolves v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Question is....will Monk think outside the box ?
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote:Question is....will Monk think outside the box ?
He should be used to it......

after all it is where most of our shots at goal end up.... :shock:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Hopefully a draw, although would obviously relish a win.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I like your thinking, Leon, two natural lefties who can cover each other as one or the other gets forward. Brave, but I don't think Monk is. Or not enough!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:I like your thinking, Leon, two natural lefties who can cover each other as one or the other gets forward. Brave, but I don't think Monk is. Or not enough!
I can't see Monk being brave or bold enough to go with that initiative, as i say it's thinking outside the box. Monk as with the majority of managers will go with what comes natural to him & play safe unfortunately
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote:I can't see Monk being brave or bold enough to go with that initiative, as i say it's thinking outside the box. Monk as with the majority of managers will go with what comes natural to him & play safe unfortunately
I agree, but he doesn't really have a lot to lose. He could start with that line-up, and if Wolves were getting too much joy down their right, he could change things, have Taylor drop back and put Roofe wide left. Doubt it'll happen, though
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote:I agree, but he doesn't really have a lot to lose. He could start with that line-up, and if Wolves were getting too much joy down their right, he could change things, have Taylor drop back and put Roofe wide left. Doubt it'll happen, though
Just logical thinking Nick, it's not as if Charlie hasn't played in that position previously, he had a run of matches playing as a winger a couple of seasons ago when we had less quality players in our team
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Roofe does seem to be struggling to make an impact so far so I like the Denton / Taylor left side, could see those two linking up well and giving us a real threat going forward and hopefully some decent service for Wood.

Haven't seen enough of Phillips / Viera to say which is best choice but I can see him sticking with Phillips.
Oscar
First Team
First Team

Post by Oscar »

1964white wrote:I can't see Monk being brave or bold enough to go with that initiative, as i say it's thinking outside the box. Monk as with the majority of managers will go with what comes natural to him & play safe unfortunately
To be honest mate, In my opinion I am not sure we have got to a stage of needing to think outside the box just yet unless we lose our next 2 games.
I know Charlie can play on the left wing, however, is he going to score more goals than Roofe from that position?
Tyler Denton would be one of the first names on my team sheet vs Norwich (I really hope he gets his chance in that game I think he has a lot of potential.)
What I think we are lacking at the moment is goals from the 3 players behind Wood and although Roofe has been disappointing so far (I am still convinced he will be a great signing), he is the most likely of our wingers and attacking midfielders to score goals in my opinion. I am not sure playing Charlie on the left wing will increase our goal threat. I keep saying it, however, as soon as Roofe scores 1 goal for Leeds I think he will go on a brilliant goal scoring run. The longer Kemar goes without a goal though the more the pressure will increase, if I got a choice of one Leeds player to score tomorrow it would be Roofe.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gary Shaw wrote:To be honest mate, In my opinion I am not sure we have got to a stage of needing to think outside the box just yet unless we lose our next 2 games
I disagree Oscar, I believe now is the time to experiment as since Dallas has been absent we have been less fluent & potent going forward. Both Roofe & Mowatt are struggling to fill his boots therefore pushing Charlie forward giving him a chance to shine is a decent option imo !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Plenty of streams around apparently so you can watch the game hopefully
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gary Shaw wrote:To be honest mate, In my opinion I am not sure we have got to a stage of needing to think outside the box just yet unless we lose our next 2 games.
I know Charlie can play on the left wing, however, is he going to score more goals than Roofe from that position?
Tyler Denton would be one of the first names on my team sheet vs Norwich (I really hope he gets his chance in that game I think he has a lot of potential.)
What I think we are lacking at the moment is goals from the 3 players behind Wood and although Roofe has been disappointing so far (I am still convinced he will be a great signing), he is the most likely of our wingers and attacking midfielders to score goals in my opinion. I am not sure playing Charlie on the left wing will increase our goal threat. I keep saying it, however, as soon as Roofe scores 1 goal for Leeds I think he will go on a brilliant goal scoring run. The longer Kemar goes without a goal though the more the pressure will increase, if I got a choice of one Leeds player to score tomorrow it would be Roofe.
100% agree. It isn't broke so doesn't need fixing just a bit of fine tuning and the biggest problem is the lack of goals which Roofe is our best option as an attacking wide player. Yes it hasn't happened for him yet but I also think once he gets one he will come alive and score a few and seemingly gain an extra yard of pace etc.
hector

Post by hector »

1964white wrote:Plenty of streams around apparently so you can watch the game hopefully
I can't seem to find any :shock:

Usually have no problem, so if there are any about please share... :tup:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

I think Monk will stick with the same starting XI as Tuesday but hopefully if we're in a winning position with 20 to go the substitutions don't turn the game against us.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

No streams today guys - this game isn't being broadcast by anyone.

Will be at Molinuex today - feeling a little pessimistic at the moment about the outcome but hope the lads can surprise me !
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Viera for the injured Hernandez is the only change from Tuesday line up against Wigan
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Roofe or their defender makes it 1-0...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Good win, could only listen into the last 35 but it seemed a bit dour and we almost gifted an equaliser late again
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Nice win...makes up for the Wigan draw ;)
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......