Radio/Popmaster today.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Radio/Popmaster today.....

Post by 1964white »

Thought i'd tune into the Victoria Derbyshire show on 5 live as i fancied listening to some debate on the current issues & who should be presenting the show, none other than Adrian Chiles :shock: didn't realise Victoria had gone !
At 10.30am thought i'd switch over to the Pop Master quiz on the Ken Bruce, didn't fare too well on that today as there were too many modern pop questions (my highest score of 33 out of 39 will never be bettered personally i suspect).
One of the contestants was a Liverpool fan & his claim to fame was he had seen U2 49 times, beat that our resident young :wink: Anyway the old Scotsman Ken wasn't on show too with some lass replacing him. I think it was either Zowie Ball or Kim Wilde, whoever it was she was awful continuously fluffing her lines.Time to switch over to Chiles again, got bored with that reverting back to Gold for some good old 60'/70'/80's music :-D
hector

Re: Radio this morning.....

Post by hector »

I was on popmaster a few years back........ I won a solar powered wind up radio, and an unexpected "bonus" a signed photo of the Bruce.... I got 33 out of 36 (was a slightly different format then)..

:-D
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:I was on popmaster a few years back........ I won a solar powered wind up radio, and an unexpected "bonus" a signed photo of the Bruce.... I got 33 out of 36 (was a slightly different format then)..

:-D
Great score Hector :tup: once the questions are on boy/girls bands i've had it :roll:

I have a friend who has achieved maximum points twice (39) but the questions were geared to suit his 60's/70's tastes with only a couple from the 2000's which he just happen to know, one was a lucky guess apparently
hector

Post by hector »

Yes... when I did it, you had 3 bonus questions that doubled the points.... Mine just happened to be Bowie... :-D
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Yes... when I did it, you had 3 bonus questions that doubled the points.... Mine just happened to be Bowie... :-D
Lucky man :lol: the bonus questions were horrible this morning, may as well have put the phone down :chair:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Listen to it every day and there's only Ken Bruce who can get it right. I'm very hit and miss with scoring ranging from 3 to mid twenties depending on bonuses. It was Zoe Ball today.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:Listen to it every day and there's only Ken Bruce who can get it right. I'm very hit and miss with scoring ranging from 3 to mid twenties depending on bonuses. It was Zoe Ball today.
Thought it was Zoe as she mentioned her dad would be ashamed of her adding up the scores error

Tbf Zoe Ball is very good presenting Strictly Come Dancing Take Two on the telly, maybe she was having a bad morning !

I managed only 13 in the first round & 18 with the second contestant :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great show on Radio 2 with Ken Bruce back from his holidays

Ken has made popmaster his own, scored 33 & 24 yesterday

I also enjoy where he has a celebrity choosing two of their favourite songs each day....'Sultans Of Swing' was one of them yesterday

His new feature in the 'Piano Room' is great

Mark Knopfler & his band playing acoustic/piano version of 'Romeo & Juliet' plus two other songs :)

Talking of popmaster.......
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'll have to listen and see what I get today
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

27 first up...which is average for me...three wrongs in a row didn't help and got the Scissors sisters wrong
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

27 second round with all three bonuses
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:10 am 27 second round with all three bonuses
Blimey Faaip you did well to get 27, thought both rounds were really difficult hence I only got 15 in each round. Two bonus questions I should have got but my mind went blank. My worst popmaster ever i suspect !

Only could come up with two of the Chubby Checker hits in the three-in-ten part too :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

ditto on the CC ..The Twist and the follow up
gessa

Post by gessa »

On the odd occasion i listen to the radio, if the quiz comes on, I often do embarrassingly badly.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:14 pm On the odd occasion i listen to the radio, if the quiz comes on, I often do embarrassingly badly.
My brain tends to go to sleep during popmaster, certainly did this morning.

I did beat my previous highest score of 33 a couple of months ago with a 36 falling short on one question 'what year were these three hits from' my answer was one out, probably my best opportunity of achieving a maximum score :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Poor morning for me on Popmaster

24 in the first round & only 18 in the 2nd round

I'm losing it :(

No chance with Jamaroquai in the 3 in 10

Claire the first contestant got 36 missing out on her final answer, she did get the 3 in 10 though.

At least I beat the 2nd contestant who only mustered 15, difficult questions though
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'll give it a listen later to see how I do
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Switched over to 6 music today as Radio 2 is rubbish on a Saturday

Listened to some American dude & then Liz Kershaw who both play some decent stuff

Only heard about half anhour of Lizzy's show which included songs from the Smiths, Jesus & Mary Chain & Placebo
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Huey is on Saturday mornings isn't he?...one of the best out there imo
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm Huey is on Saturday mornings isn't he?...one of the best out there imo
Huey is the American dude mate, plays some cracking music :whistle: