Your Opinion , Who is Staying and going

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Your Opinion , Who is Staying and going

Post by leedsmad »

Please don't shoot me down if this subject has been spoken about the last couple of Months .
I'm interested in the opinions of you guys who are lucky to see our beloved Leeds side strut there stuff week in week out on who you think will be let go this Summer?

Luke Murphy i thought was a goner early on in the Season but by reports has been the heart of our Midfield , then we had Rudolph Austin who i thought was going in the last Transfer window.

I'm worried about the Big Clubs coming in for Mowatt , who by reports Liverpool and the West Ham are keeping close tabs on him.

Can you guys suggest who are the keepers and the goners in your opinion?

I apologize if this subject has been discussed already.
gessa

Re: Your Opinion , Who is Staying and going

Post by gessa »

Ones who should go

Adryan - Not done enough to warrant a £3Mprice tag.
Cani - Not had a chance but can't see him wanting to hang around
Morison - Sooner the better.
Doukara- Hit the ground running but got worse as the season went on, there must be better players out there we realistically have a chance of getting.

Ones who may want to go.
Antenucci - Very good player I'd want to keep but he wants regular football.
Austin - Not sure, contract is up so will probably be looking for the best financial offer.
Sloth - Needs more playing time, if we are to get better players next season, he'd be even further down the pecking order.

As with the young lads, I suppose a lot will depend on who owns us and what, if any offers come in, any silly money offers will likely be too good for the club to turn down.Hopefully we keep them all but I think it's unlikely.
Last edited by gessa on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I think 64 will stay he's a playmaker, Gessa is useful as a back up. Harry needs to pick up his game or we may have to let him go. There are some good young uns coming up through the ranks and the likes of Barry and the Doc are great coming off the bench.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

Don't forget BB as the trainer to crack the whip.... :whip:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

faaip wrote:I think 64 will stay he's a playmaker, Gessa is useful as a back up. Harry needs to pick up his game or we may have to let him go. There are some good young uns coming up through the ranks and the likes of Barry and the Doc are great coming off the bench.
Gutted.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Gutted.
As is the case in management ..there's always the odd disgruntled player.. :wink:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Just like i thought .

A subject that turns to dribble , thanks for your input Gessa.

And some wonder why this Forum is the way it is .
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:I think 64 will stay he's a playmaker, Gessa is useful as a back up. Harry needs to pick up his game or we may have to let him go. There are some good young uns coming up through the ranks and the likes of Barry and the Doc are great coming off the bench.
:hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote: Gutted.
I have you in my team Gandi :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Players to go :

Adryan
Cani
Morison
Doukara
Austin
Sloth
Benedicic
White

and the one that will probably shock many

Billy Sharp
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

I think the only real question marks for me outwardly would be Adryan, Bianchi & Douks, on the whole the teams starting to gel and is a relatively small squad with the majority of the squad generally on the fringes.

I'm told that there's still a few starlets to come through the ranks yet which on the basis of the current crop of players can only give us stability in the coming years providing whoever is in charge can bottom the situation with regards to Redfearns contract and provide the young players with the reassurance and longer term view that if we can keep these players together the Pheonix could finally spring from the ashes from a playing perspective in quite a glorious fashion if we can retain and build.

The squad needs adding to purely from a strength in depth point of view, the sooner the long term ownership of the club is resolved the better - as this still is/could be the biggest threat this return to stronger form has.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
Antenucci - Very good player I'd want to keep but he wants regular football.
The Ant deserves regular football in the Leeds team, he is the best striker at our club
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jindy30 »

Why would any players go? Money and regular football.

Continuing our trend of selling our most valued player, I can only imagine Sam Byram will go.

I don't see any other big offers coming in for anyone else... Even Mowatt or Cook

Doukara should go, Billy sharp and Antenucci my want to go elsewhere for regular and reliable football.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Ok - lets start from the back

Keepers - I think were set here and cant see any changes. Taylor solid backup and at his age probably doesnt mind being backup, and hopefully the reason we have kept cairns for all these years is because hes atleast half decent.

Defense - At the start/midpoint of the season i would have said get wooton out of the door as quick as possible. However his recent change in fortunes have been brilliant. Del fabro? i cant really comment but hopefully redders has seen enough to.
Making bamba perm should be high up on redders to do list. I would expect to see white leave and maybe another fullback now byram/taylor seem to have become wingers, or failing that.... actual wingers so they can play their natural positions.

Midfield - For me - adryan had some solid look and flair about him, but would i pay £3million for that? no. Probably not. If we had the foundations and skeleton of a promotion winning team then he is the type of player we need to look for to add something new, however i feel we are still far from that. Personally - i think the first thing we will be in the market for is wingers. Benedicic and N'goyi sadly through injury mean we have pretty much no clue as to if theyre any good and i doubt we will see benedicic in a leeds shirt before he goes back. I would like to see alittle more of Dawson before the season is up too. I could see sloth and bianchi want out too however if we can bring afew more of those gold plated "championship experience" players then i wouldnt shed many tears

Attack - Ok , for me this is the area where we need the most help. Its been a long time that i can remember where i dont have atleast one striker who has cemented his place on the teamsheet. Ant is probably who i consider to be our best with billy close behind, i wouldnt even mind seeing them play alittle more together however that would require a change in formation. Doukara? well, im not really sure still - i thought he was a poor mans viduka at first but he is younger than i thought so maybe he will turn good. Montenegro and cani seem like they should be gone at the end of the season, for me dont look better than what we have so i dont see the point. Id really like to see lewis walters given alittle game time as ive heard good stuff about him.

(sorry for rambling)
((and also for the more than likely spelling mistakes))