Cardiff v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Cardiff v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Looking forward to this one !

Will be interesting to see the team Redfern selects & which formation he plays

Definites for me are : Silvestri, Berardi, Bellusci, Warnock, Bianchi, Mowatt, Cook & Antenucci

Wouldn't be surprise if Dawson & Montenegro feature at some stage of the game
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Cardiff v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Looking forward to this one !

Will be interesting to see the team Redfern selects & which formation he plays

Definites for me are : Silvestri, Berardi, Bellusci, Warnock, Bianchi, Mowatt, Cook & Antenucci

Wouldn't be surprise if Dawson & Montenegro feature at some stage of the game
Reckon Byram over Berardi and Pearce will be there.

It's getting to the point where I think there are only 2 or 3 places up for grabs in the starting line-up (barring drops in form/fitness etc).

Dawson and Montenegro on the bench probably and I reckon Morison will keep his place over Doukara for now.

Sharp and Austin still doubts, so Adryan/Sloth in the advanced midfield role, Cook holding again, which is probably his strongest/most effective position.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Reckon Byram over Berardi and Pearce will be there.

It's getting to the point where I think there are only 2 or 3 places up for grabs in the starting line-up (barring drops in form/fitness etc).

Dawson and Montenegro on the bench probably and I reckon Morison will keep his place over Doukara for now.

Sharp and Austin still doubts, so Adryan/Sloth in the advanced midfield role, Cook holding again, which is probably his strongest/most effective position.
Pearce will definitely start but from a long term point of view i'd be looking at Cooper to fill JP's boots
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Pearce will definitely start but from a long term point of view i'd be looking at Cooper to fill JP's boots
Indeed, JP has been a great servant over the past few seasons and I think he'll maintain a role for a while yet. Cooper looks like a decent prospect, and having two centre-backs who can play is a lovely thought! Hopefully he'll get a run out in the FA Cup with Redders in charge, same with Dawson, Montenegro etc. who he will have a good knowledge of.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: Indeed, JP has been a great servant over the past few seasons and I think he'll maintain a role for a while yet. Cooper looks like a decent prospect, and having two centre-backs who can play is a lovely thought! Hopefully he'll get a run out in the FA Cup with Redders in charge, same with Dawson, Montenegro etc. who he will have a good knowledge of.
So many options as oppose to last seasons shower !

Actually i nearly fell off my seat when someone said Lees is a better CB than Bellusci :shock:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:So many options as oppose to last seasons shower !

Actually i nearly fell off my seat when someone said Lees is a better CB than Bellusci :shock:
I was less anti-Lees than most (probably due to his home-grown status), but Bellusci is clearly a step up, and I think Cooper probably is too.

That said, I'd much rather have Lees still than Wooton, who I can't see getting a look in at all this season.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen many players go out on loan to be honest. A couple of the youth lot have moved, but players like Killock and Taylor are still about. Some of the old boys could be shipped out too - Norris and Tonge are unlikely to get much time, unless we have an injury crisis, though I suspect the former has no intention of playing again given he's only played a handful of games in 3 years!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: I was less anti-Lees than most (probably due to his home-grown status), but Bellusci is clearly a step up, and I think Cooper probably is too.

That said, I'd much rather have Lees still than Wooton, who I can't see getting a look in at all this season.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen many players go out on loan to be honest. A couple of the youth lot have moved, but players like Killock and Taylor are still about. Some of the old boys could be shipped out too - Norris and Tonge are unlikely to get much time, unless we have an injury crisis, though I suspect the former has no intention of playing again given he's only played a handful of games in 3 years!
Indeed Wootton has gone backwards since his impressive debut in the cup game v Donny
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Genghers wrote: I was less anti-Lees than most (probably due to his home-grown status), but Bellusci is clearly a step up, and I think Cooper probably is too.

You can't send players out on loan unless you know you don't need them for first team duties. With our revolving door manager approach no one is in post long enough to learn all the players names, let alone their value to the squad- beyond a superficial level.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

andywatson wrote:You can't send players out on loan unless you know you don't need them for first team duties. With our revolving door manager approach no one is in post long enough to learn all the players names, let alone their value to the squad- beyond a superficial level.
Indeed. I don't think Killock will get much of a chance though with the options we have at CB. Taylor did look good when he replaced Warnock for a half vs Bolton (I think it was), so I'd prefer him as back-up over Berardi.

Norris has Cook, Mowatt, Bianchi, Adryan, Sloth, Austin, Tonge and perhaps Dawson ahead of him in the pecking order though! 30 appearances in 2 and a bit seasons is poor going, especially as in previous campaigns we've not exactly had a strong midfield...
Compared to the other old heads' appearances: Tonge - 65, Pugh - 58, Green - 41. Even Brown at 4 years his senior made twice as many apps! He's been here longer than Pugh or Green were as well (and they went out on loan before leaving!).
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

For those unable to go to the game, it looks like we have a few streams lined up on Wiziwig again. Fingers X'd :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Right that's me gone

Up at 4.45am in readiness for tomorrow's game, leave here at 6am........long day
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

1964white wrote:Right that's me gone

Up at 4.45am in readiness for tomorrow's game, leave here at 6am........long day
Safe trip mate - bring us back the points :tup:
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Twiggster wrote:For those unable to go to the game, it looks like we have a few streams lined up on Wiziwig again. Fingers X'd :tup:
The game is being streamed on Setanta here, so streams will be available.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Kyle_5351 wrote:
The game is being streamed on Setanta here, so streams will be available.
:tup:

Danish telly never shows championship games. :tdown: Fingers X'd our streamers will have better quality for this than for the norwich game...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
Safe trip mate - bring us back the points :tup:

Hopefully.....thanks :tup:
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Twiggster wrote:
:tup:

Danish telly never shows championship games. :tdown: Fingers X'd our streamers will have better quality for this than for the norwich game...
I should probably setup a stream for the members on the forum here. I have a 100/30mbps connection, so I can stream in decent quality.

I will investigate it and see what I can come up with for other matches to stream Setanta directly.
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

Another crap day against Cardiff. Need more pace and attacking flair. Just sitting back too much, especially in first 20 mins. What a c**k-up at the end between Bellusci and Silverstri. Up until then thought Bellusci played well, making a few crucial clearances. It was the last 20 minutes of so that it all went so wrong. Mowatt's goal was good and he did have some good spells. We've got to get some wins from the next couple of home games otherwise we're going to get drawn into relegation aren't we?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

again for the second week in a row..caught the first half ..missed the second. This may be my fault guys...my bad
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

faaip wrote:again for the second week in a row..caught the first half ..missed the second. This may be my fault guys...my bad
Just like the team then!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.