Leeds v Rotherham : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Rotherham : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by woodfordwhites »

why redders ? so he can get sacked down the line and then the youth goes up the spoat.get a fkn grip redders redders redders why him leave him were he is safe and good at his job.did he not say he dosnt want the job ? so what the fk is it about bring in redders fs
Last edited by woodfordwhites on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote:No mate,, was leeds on leeds.
Probs fuckoers then.... :sing:
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

woodfordwhites wrote:why redders ? so he can get sacked down the line and then the youth goes up the spoat.get a fkn grip redders redders redders why him
Because players played for him, fans united behind him and for 3 weeks we were LEEDS again
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

CptCrash wrote:
Because players played for him, fans united behind him and for 3 weeks we were LEEDS again
for 3 weeks then we start to loose again then what ? another local derby and then more worries,he is not the long term solution is he
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

CptCrash wrote:
PREZAKKERLY! :tup: But he would obviously lose some games and then Cellino would sack the only constant we've had at this club for too many years. Too much of a risk to then lose our key player at our club.
When Darko is sacked next week, I'll be happy for Redders to step in again as 1st team coach...until the next appointment. Etc.Etc.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

ON ON ON
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

woodfordwhites wrote:ON ON ON

OK??? :duno: Been shouting that for decades....doesn't help tho, really :(
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joshlucas »

The diamond needs to be banished and never seen again as a leeds united formation, hasn't worked for any of the last 4 managers. Sick of the full backs getting the ball in plenty of space and their best option being to pass it back to the centre backs.
We have the players to fit perfectly into the modern day formation of 4-2-3-1.
Several choices to play in the 2 in front of the back four, my 2 would be cook and bianchi. (mowatt, austin, murphy other possibilities)
With no natural wingers, we have several attacking options that could easily play behind a striker. Sloth, Adrayn, doukara, montreago, white, austin to name a few.
Needs to change, wasn't great under redfearn really, wonder if it's actually massimo's formation.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Austin is a concern for me. He had 4 wayward shots on goal, gave the ball away too easily and was fucked integer second half where he went AWOL. A truly awful player who should not be in the team. Doukara was poor tonight Too and still our defence can't deal with high balls into the box. Unimpressed with the Slovak tbh I think he should fuckooof back too. SHITEE
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Errm - "fucked integer"? I assume it's an autocorrect thing, but can't work out what it should have been
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Our main issue is not being able to sustain 90minutes of consistent football. We alternate between having good 1st or 2nd halves. Is that a motivational issue? Probably.

It was a good game of football, for once we were the team trying to pass it around and the other team was relying on crosses and hoof ball. When we had that system, how many teams did we nick points off? It's always going to happen, especially when 80% of the teams will be upping their games to beat Leeds. But if Antenucci scores that cross from Mowatt in the first half, or Austin gets one of his long distant shots on target, and we'd have been 2-0 up; probably a completely different second half.

Mowatt, Cook, Adryan and Austin were all taking people on with great success...we haven't been taking people on like that since the Gradel days. Austin lacks the intelligence to know when to pass, when to shoot etc. but those sort of runs will pay off.

Bianchi had a bit of a nightmare today and I would have subbed him off before Cook. I've said it before but Cook controls games in a way far beyond his years. He proved today that he is dangerous when running with the ball. Sad to say but we are not going to hold on to that talent for long.

Silvestri was solid except for the first goal. He parried the ball into the box (which would have seen Kenny get absolutely slaughtered). Nothing he could do for the second goal, brilliant swerve on the ball. The defenders should have closed the player down in what is commonly referred to as "don't let him shoot!"

Now that Bellusci has mellowed a bit he looks even more like a great defender. Bar injuries or rest, Cooper and Del Fabro are going to struggle to get a chance to prove themselves.

Doukara struggled yesterday and hasn't hit the form he showed at the start of the season. He did play the through ball that led to the goal, however, so I guess he wasn't entirely useless. Antenucci is going to fall offside more often than not when he plays on the shoulder of defenders but if he can score like that on the rare times he is on side then it's a decent strategy. My fear is we are limited to throughballs to Antenucci and long shots from outside the box. We need to work on other attacking options.

Finally Adryan. Would have loved to see him get a goal because he answers the above dilemma. He was making chances from nothing. Getting beat in a local derby didn't seem like the ideal time to debut a Brazilian youngster but he shrugged the pressure off and played very well. I think we should play him behind a lone striker, possible in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Nice to see a bit more of a level evaluation this morning!

I missed the second half as I was at a gig (which was probably for the best). We looked decent in possession in the first, but we were still generally in our defensive third. Rotherham came out fighting (as often happens in these derbies) and I think the referee mad some very questionable decisions, Austin getting thrown to the floor was a yellow all day and their lad who elbowed Pearce in the face could have seen red for that (Smith got sent off for less before).

I thought Cook did well but I do prefer him in the deeper role, with Mowatt being a better fit for the tip of the diamond for me. I thought Austin did well in the first half. Bar one point when he played a pass into the box for Doukara when he should have taken a shot, I don't think he did much wrong. Bellusci will get us into trouble this season but he is a joy to watch at times, especially when he comes striding out of defence with the ball.

It's very pleasing to see Adryan make an impact after all the frothing about him since he signed. I expect he'll start vs. Norwich which will probably be a more open game, given the way they play. A midfield of Cook, Mowatt, Bianchi and Adryan looks quite well balanced on paper, with Austin on the bench to give us some more penetration.

You can never get too down about these derby results as the other teams usually play well above their level against us. It just came at a bad time for Milanic - I'm sure our preparation has been good over the past fortnight and perhaps if we had been playing a Brighton or a Birmingham we would have had more luck...
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Sorry mango, great defenders don't panic like Bellusci did in the way he gave the ball away at the end. As you say, great striding forward with the ball, I have made the same point myself. Great with fancy backheels to put Adryan in for a shot.

As a defender, no better than Tom Lees. And lest we forget, defending is his main job.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

Strange game in my eyes. The first 30 minutes seem difficult to evaluate to be honest. I look at it at first and think we controlled the ball from the back, building to the eventual goal. I then look at it from the perspective that we has no penetration in their half at all and it took a long ball, with players flowing forward to create the goal.

I think what it comes down to is we are playing the wrong formation for a possession based style. We need to stretch the opposition if we are going to play across the back and out to the fullbacks. No point in playing out wide to the fullbacks, if they have no option apart from playing it back to the CB.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
As a defender, no better than Tom Lees. And lest we forget, defending is his main job.
Your'e having a laugh Martyn :roflmao:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Not at all. I know he is your hero but still....

He is a defender, his priority is to defend and he has consistently shown he lacks the composure to be a top class defender. Berardi got him out of trouble last night with an excellent block, but a good defender would never have had that wild panicked hack at the ball to give it away.

If you're happy with defending of that sort then your standards have slipped since the Revie days
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
I thought I was being highly critical a few weeks ago when I said his defending was schoolboy standard.

I still stand by that comment. I will disagree with GW and say he is a step up from Tom Lees, but he does make some stupid errors.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Kyle_5351 wrote:
I thought I was being highly critical a few weeks ago when I said his defending was schoolboy standard.

I still stand by that comment. I will disagree with GW and say he is a step up from Tom Lees, but he does make some stupid errors.

A step up from Tom Lees = schoolboy?

I don't think Lees was that bad! :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
Not at all. I know he is your hero but still....

He is a defender, his priority is to defend and he has consistently shown he lacks the composure to be a top class defender. Berardi got him out of trouble last night with an excellent block, but a good defender would never have had that wild panicked hack at the ball to give it away.

If you're happy with defending of that sort then your standards have slipped since the Revie days
Agree he lacks the composure to be a top class defender. Top class players ply their trade in the Prem that is why Bellusci & probably all the CB's at our level are playing in the championship
Didn't see the match or hear the the commentary so it is difficult for me to comment on the game, reading various reports it seems Bellusci, Doukara & Bianchi were poor v Rotherham who seem to bully us out of the game with their physical presence. I love top defending & i still think Bellusci will learn from his errors, i really hope he does improve as mistakes win football matches in general.

Btw why is Austin taking our free-kicks when we have so much talent in the side who surely would do so much better