Leeds v Rotherham : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds v Rotherham : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Genghers »

Becchio has ruled himself out of the game on Friday with a broken ankle. Puts me at rest - I had a dream the other night that we were 3-0 down with half an hour gone and that Luci had scored twice...

Difficult to predict the squad for this one, I'm sure there will be a surprise or two after Darko having an extended training period with the squad.

Expect Adryan to get some time, even if it is from the bench. Hopefully Cook will be back to anchor the midfield and Warnock has patched things up with Cellino, as I don't think Berardi did a great job last match.

For me:
------------Silvestri---------------
Byram-Bellusci-Pearce-Warnock
--------------Cook-----------------
----Bianchi---------Mowatt-------
--------------Sloth-----------------
----Antenucci-----Doukara-------

Adryan, Sharp and Austin to come on as Subs.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Rotherham : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Genghers »

Adryan not playing for the U-21s today, so I expect he'll definitely be in the squad on Friday at the very least.
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

If he starts then Sloth really needs a performance
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

CptCrash wrote:If he starts then Sloth really needs a performance
It's interesting that before he signed/when he signed, we had reviews telling us that he plays well when the game is with his team, but he fades when not - we've pretty much seen that already. From what I've seen of him he clearly has the skill, but in the Championship you can't afford to have a (midfield) player you have to carry when the going gets tough.

Hopefully he can be coached into getting himself into games/asserting himself when we're struggling as a whole because I think we're going to need everyone this season!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Dawson scoring for fun in the Dev.Squad recently. Love to see a M/F of Cook - Bianchi - Mowatt -Dawson :tup: BURN!
Tho I'm not sure on Cook's availability, after his last injury? :duno:
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

I think the starting team looks pretty solid. I am still thinking whether I would replace Sloth with Austin (Can't believe I am continually saying this), but then again I think Austin does really well off the bench with 20 minutes to go.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:Dawson scoring for fun in the Dev.Squad recently. Love to see a M/F of Cook - Bianchi - Mowatt -Dawson :tup: BURN!
Tho I'm not sure on Cook's availability, after his last injury? :duno:
When did Cook get injured? Dawson must be pushing for at least a bench spot by now - he's really been impressive whilst captaining the U21s. Agree that it would be very exciting to have a midfield with 3 academy graduates in, especially with them all being strong in different positions.

Problem is we now have quite a few players competing for the tip of the diamond and I don't think the type of player that does well in that role can necessarily be as effective further back in midfield.

Sloth, Adryan and Dawson are certainly all in that kind of mould, and Ajose is probably more likely to play there than up front (or the wing). Still think Doukara would be useful there too and Mowatt has shown that he likes to get into the box... But I wouldn't want to have more than one replacement on the bench (i.e. Sloth starting, with both Adryan and Dawson on the bench), as someone like Murphy or Austin are probably a little more suited to the deeper roles.

These kinds of dilemmas are a good thing though - can't remember a time that we've been as spoilt for choice!
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

And whatever happen to Zan Benedicic in all of this? Seemed decent enough the few times he's been on the pitch.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Crude wrote:And whatever happen to Zan Benedicic in all of this? Seemed decent enough the few times he's been on the pitch.
Was deemed to lack match fitness several weeks ago Dan

Has he played in the development squad of late ?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Was deemed to lack match fitness several weeks ago Dan

Has he played in the development squad of late ?
How long can it take him to get fit?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:Becchio has ruled himself out of the game on Friday with a broken ankle. Puts me at rest - I had a dream the other night that we were 3-0 down with half an hour gone and that Luci had scored twice...

Difficult to predict the squad for this one, I'm sure there will be a surprise or two after Darko having an extended training period with the squad.

Expect Adryan to get some time, even if it is from the bench. Hopefully Cook will be back to anchor the midfield and Warnock has patched things up with Cellino, as I don't think Berardi did a great job last match.

For me:
------------Silvestri---------------
Byram-Bellusci-Pearce-Warnock
--------------Cook-----------------
----Bianchi---------Mowatt-------
--------------Sloth-----------------
----Antenucci-----Doukara-------

Adryan, Sharp and Austin to come on as Subs.
Thank you for starting this thread Genghers :tup:

I would definitely bring Cook back & also start with the line-up you've selected

Good to hear Becchio is not coming back to haunt us :-D
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
How long can it take him to get fit?
God knows, I suspect there lies a deeper problem
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

1964white wrote:
God knows, I suspect there lies a deeper problem
I don't think he has played much at all, I think you could be right. Tis a shame really. Luckily enough we have enough class cover.

EDIT: I also just realised this is a Friday night game and it is televised. 4:45am kick off on Saturday.... Feck.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Lots if options, let's hope we don't fall into the trap of never have a consitant team, changes are inevitable for injures loss of form but I hope we can settle on a 11 that we can call our best. Having said that the young lads can't play all the time as they won't have the strength to keel up every week, which is where Austin will come in valuable to the team, not my favorite but should cook need a rest I'd happily sloth him in for a game or two.
I want to see sharp get game time too.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by joshlucas »

Looks like he diamond is here to stay under darko, shame really think we have the players to go 4-2-3-1.
Would bring in warnock at lb, need natural left footer with diamond formation, berardi to rb, not sure byram back to his best yet.
I would have doukara at tip of the diamond with sharp up top, hopefully chomping at the bit, antenucci along side him.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Contrary to some reports Redders will not be assisting Darko on the bench at Rovrum. He is apparently too busy with his Academy job. Great to hear :tup:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:Contrary to some reports Redders will not be assisting Darko on the bench at Rovrum. He is apparently too busy with his Academy job. Great to hear :tup:
I'd rather he was in the dugout to assist Darko to be honest. Unless the academy have a game/training at the same time I think it would be beneficial for Redders to be with the first team on match days.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

If we are serious about challenging the top teams this is a game we must be winning. New boss few games under his belt and a nice time free of games to adjust, makes yhis a big game
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cook replaces Adryan after the Brazilian was originally selected to start
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Find it a bit strange that Redfearn isn't willing to help on the bench with milanic. I wonder if Redders is sulking about not being given the job? :duno: