Leeds v Reading : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds v Reading : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Drs.Dad »

1964white wrote:
Yes £36 to sit in a dilapidated stand which has had not much modernisation since it was erected

Point is EY Norwich have been charging the likes of Charlton/Bournemouth/etc £30.....Leeds fans come to Carrow Road the price of a ticket is hiked 25% which is morally wrong imo :x

Putting on my pedantic head Leon, that is actually a 33% hike, which is even worse!
:evil:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Drs.Dad wrote:

Putting on my pedantic head Leon, that is actually a 33% hike, which is even worse!
:evil:
Indeed DD :tup: and maths was my favourite subject at school :shock:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

@PhilHayYEP 3m3 minutes ago
From Milanic's press conference, no new injuries but he says changes should be expected against Reading tomorrow.
Milanic says Leeds need to play with more energy and a better tempo tomorrow. Accepted that both were missing at Brentford.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:@PhilHayYEP 3m3 minutes ago
From Milanic's press conference, no new injuries but he says changes should be expected against Reading tomorrow.
Milanic says Leeds need to play with more energy and a better tempo tomorrow. Accepted that both were missing at Brentford.
Surely Darko won't start with Tonge, Murphy, Morison & Austin in the first eleven

It's a shock for me to include Austin in my team :shock: but all four could really damage any momentum we had, don't get me wrong i like Murphy but he showed nothing in our opening games
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Austin with Bianchi and Cook was back to his best. Perhaps Murphy might also look an improvement with Bianchi and Sloth. Or even Tonge. Some combinations make people look better because an other player has strengths where they have weaknesses.

For all our sakes, let's hope the Austin, Murphy, Tonge trio has had it's day.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

1964white wrote:
Indeed DD :tup: and maths was my favourite subject at school :shock:

Long, LONG time ago, Leon!!!
:mrgreen:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Have this horrible feeling Darko will make a few changes tonight, i really hope not or else we could lose all momentum from our recent games at ER. I'll cringe if the midfield includes Austin, Tonge & Murphy :( Darko may also drop Antenucci or Doukara, just hope he doesn't meddle too much, i fear he will though after what he witnessed last Saturday !
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

1964white wrote:Have this horrible feeling Darko will make a few changes tonight, i really hope not or else we could lose all momentum from our recent games at ER. I'll cringe if the midfield includes Austin, Tonge & Murphy :( Darko may also drop Antenucci or Doukara, just hope he doesn't meddle too much, i fear he will though after what he witnessed last Saturday !
Think Bianchi is a sure start, probably Austin too. Sloth probably did enough to show he should be starting games. And if he's came out and said that we need to be more direct with our passing and play with a higher tempo; starting Tonge would make absolutely no sense. Bianchi/Austin/Sloth with the last spot taken by Cook/Mowatt/Murphy.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
1964white

Post by 1964white »

theleedsmango wrote:
And if he's came out and said that we need to be more direct with our passing and play with a higher tempo; starting Tonge would make absolutely no sense
Agree would make sense whatsoever :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Whatever team he picks will have my full backing. He sees the players at every training session, every match, he sees them day in day out and sees how they act, are they confident, looking run down, trying to hide an injury etc
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

I would prefer Austin come on a sub, and hope that Tonge is nowhere to be seen. Sharp up front with Antenucci and Doukara should be a real handful for Reading.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Two changes made by Milanic: Warnock out for Cooper and Austin out for Sloth.

I can only assume Warnock, second most consistent player this season, has injury worries?
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

It appears Warnock isn't injured. The Bench is somewhat uninspiring:

S Taylor, Warnock, Wootton, Murphy, Austin, Morison, Sharp
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Team news vs Reading: Silvestri, Byram, Bellusci, Pearce, Cooper, Cook, Bianchi, Mowatt, Sloth, Antentucci, Doukara.
Subs. S Taylor, Warnock, Wootton, Murphy, Austin, Morison, Sharp.

Tonight's team sees Darko Milanic make two changes from Saturday with Casper Sloth and Liam Cooper coming in for Rudy Austin and Stephen Warnock...
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

so how will that back 4 be lining up?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

faaip wrote:so how will that back 4 be lining up?
Cooper at LB I would have thought.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

pretty un-eventful game. I didn't really see the need to drop Warnock and Cooper didn't do to well in his place.
I thought our worst player was Murphy although he was only on for probably 25 mins and the game seemed to slow down a bit when he came on. I thought there was too many passes sideways and infact too many passes with nothing at the end of it. Austin brought the game back alive and its not often I can say that lol. I just hope we can have a bit more penetration on Saturday because Wednesday will be up for it and I don't think it's the right game to start Adryan he maybe might be ok as an impact player for that bit of magic in the last quarter of the game, fingers crossed we do better on Saturday :roll:

Silvetri. not much to do but made a few saves 7
Byram did ok was too busy tracking back covering for Sloth 6
Bellusci strong and powerful with a few neat passes but he wasn't really stretched 7
Pearce steady away and was better than the weekend 6
Cooper backed off too much for my liking I would of rather seen Warnock there. 6
Cook. didn't have a great game he wasn't his usual self a little out of it today, maybe need a rest 6
Bianchi was my man of the match tonight made a few vital challenges and got about the pitch well. 8
Mowatt. I don't know why he got took off I thought he did ok to be honest. 7
Sloth. was playing a little high and leaving Byram exposed although he did make a few good runs but didn't track back enough. 6
Antenucci. didn't have a lot of service but he gets about the pitch well. 6
Doukara. not a good game for him tonight he was playing very wide when he should of been in the box. 6

Murphy. slow and his passes was crap daft sub. 5
Austin. brought the game back to life for his 15 mins on the pitch 7
Sharp. did more in his 10 mins than Doukara did all game, I would of rather of seen Doukara off instead of Antenucci. 7
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well folks another point on the board with our fourth clean sheet in five games at ER, we have now gone 270 minutes at home without conceding a goal which surely is a major plus & obviously gives us a platform to grind out points as we did last night. We are trying to play football with some slick passing from the back & through the midfield, unfortunately far too many moves broke down in the final third of the pitch during the first half. Reading came out more determined in the second half pinning us back for long periods although our sloppy & wayward passing didn't help to ease the pressure.
Said to Riot around the 65 minute mark that "i would take a 0-0 draw" We did actually finished the stronger side in the last ten minutes as Austin & Sharp gave us more impetus with their presence

Silvestri - our cat between the posts put in another good shift with 3 or 4 decent saves 8
Byram - young Sam's best defensive display in a long time keeping the Reading wide men at bay 8
Pearce - steady game from JP 7
Bellusci - one of reasons why we are defensively better, strong commanding CB even if he is a bit of a hothead, proving the early criticism from his doubters wrong 8
Cooper - thought Liam did well under plenty of pressure from the flanks, won alot of headers at set-pieces 7
Cook - i love the enthusiasm/energy Lewis gives our midfield but he was guilty than most with some wayward passing, needs to curb this trait out of his game 6
Bianchi - one of my favourite players in the new look Leeds, calm, controlled & clever with some neat intricate passing, put in some good tackles too 8 - MOTM
Mowatt - looks fitter & quicker this term, at the heart of everything in the first half, still scratching my head why he was subbed 7
Sloth - some good runs but gave the ball away cheaply far too often 5
Doukara - apart from a couple of good runs, his first touch & hold up play was awful 4
Antenucci - disappointing never got into the game, shame as he has so much talent 4

Subs :

Murphy - why was this fella first on, had no influence on the game, seems to have lost his way - 4
Austin - made a difference with his strength & his powerful runs towards the end of the game - 7
Sharp - looked lively & sharp 7
Last edited by 1964white on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Leeds v Reading : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Martyn »

One shot on target in the entire game according to the BBC, and that from a sub in the 85th minute. It's going to be a long old season
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:One shot on target in the entire game according to the BBC, and that from a sub in the 85th minute. It's going to be a long old season
Not good....our two strikers & Sloth at the head of the diamond were all poor. We overplay the game far too much

They all need to get their shooting boots on !