Leeds v Huddersfield : Team/Attendance/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Huddersfield : Team/Attendance/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

The games are coming fast & furious & so onto a massive Yorkshire derby for both sets of fans, a match i expect to attract 30k+ especially with our recent good form & i suspect many of our fans haven't seen the new players

Will be interesting to see Redfern's team selection for the visit of the Terriers

Looking forward to meeting up with Cardiff White & his boys again for a brief chat before the game

Can't wait, still buzzing from the Bournemouth game :-D
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Huddersfield : Team/Attendance/Reports/Ratings..

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:The games are coming fast & furious & so onto a massive Yorkshire derby for both sets of fans, a match i expect to attract 30k+ especially with our recent good form & i suspect many of our fans haven't seen the new players

Will be interesting to see Redfern's team selection for the visit of the Terriers

Looking forward to meeting up with Cardiff White & his boys again for a brief chat before the game

Can't wait, still buzzing from the Bournemouth game :-D
Hope you enjoy it and see a good game what time did you reach home on Wednesday morning or did you manage to miss the bad hold up on the M1.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: Hope you enjoy it and see a good game what time did you reach home on Wednesday morning or did you manage to miss the bad hold up on the M1.
Watched a stream of the game EY, can't take two days off from my work during midweek

M1 was a nightmare on the way back from Birmingham though :x
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:
Watched a stream of the game EY, can't take two days off from my work during midweek

M1 was a nightmare on the way back from Birmingham though :x
I was lucky I did not have to in to work until noon the following day but 2 of my travelling fans went in at 8am the next day.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Latest Huddersfield Team News

Former Leeds United defender Lee Peltier is a doubt for the visitors. Peltier, who left Leeds for Huddersfield in the summer, missed the midweek draw with Wigan Athletic with a groin injury.

James Vaughan And Jonathan Hogg also remain on the sidelines.

Anthony Gerrard and Martin Paterson completed an hour for the development squad in midweek and could come into contention for a place in the squad.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Redders says Mowatt's toe is thankfully not broken as suspected and has trained and he will be in the reckoning. Tho Redders gave the impression he wouldn't be risked.

Can't see Redders changing the diamond - meaning as you were, for the game - tho I'd drop Sharp, as he has been crap for the last few games. "Shape up or ship out, Sharp", would be the message.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Not expecting a classic here, Chris Powell likes going away to get 0-0 draws, as he did with Charlton, expect us to come out on top by the odd goal but it will not be pretty.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Twiggster wrote:Redders says Mowatt's toe is thankfully not broken as suspected and has trained and he will be in the reckoning. Tho Redders gave the impression he wouldn't be risked.

Can't see Redders changing the diamond - meaning as you were, for the game - tho I'd drop Sharp, as he has been crap for the last few games. "Shape up or ship out, Sharp", would be the message.
I'd leave Sharp for the start. He seems to thrive on big matches and could completely terrorize the Hudds. He is certainly capable of it. Same starting XI except Sloth in for Mowatt.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Twiggster wrote:Can't see Redders changing the diamond - meaning as you were, for the game - tho I'd drop Sharp, as he has been crap for the last few games. "Shape up or ship out, Sharp", would be the message.
Seems a bit harsh. Sharp is a fox in the box type striker and doesn't have to play well as long as he gets goals, the gola he scored on his debut is the type of goal he get s by being close to goal and in the right place at the right time.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:Not expecting a classic here, Chris Powell likes going away to get 0-0 draws, as he did with Charlton, expect us to come out on top by the odd goal but it will not be pretty.
I'm going for 3-0 :lol:
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:
I'm going for 3-0 :lol:
I hope you're correct and not me, a friend of mine who likes a bet on the footie, used to call them Charlton Nil, when Powell was manager.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
I hope you're correct and not me, a friend of mine who likes a bet on the footie, used to call them Charlton Nil, when Powell was manager.
It has be seen if Powell has organised/steadied the Huddersfield defence since his arrival two weeks ago

They have been leaking goals up until Tuesday evening with a 0-0 draw v Wigan the first time they have kept a clean sheet for a while, lets hope that result was a one-off !
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

weasel wrote:
Seems a bit harsh. Sharp is a fox in the box type striker and doesn't have to play well as long as he gets goals, the gola he scored on his debut is the type of goal he get s by being close to goal and in the right place at the right time.
Luckily, I've had the last two of our games live on telly. Sharp has looked lazy and disinterested. More like Billy Paynter than the Billy Sharp I was glad we signed.
In fairness, when he is being played wide left, he is not going to get close to goal - but when he does, he either falls over (every sodding time!), or punts wide with no control. Not impressed.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Well he ain't Barndoor Billy for nothin' . I think he'd get on the
One come Saturday. He shoots....he scores ! Get on him.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

I'd be tempted to switch Sloth in for Rudy, as I feel Austin has more impact from the bench than some of the other midfielders. Other than that, though, it ought to be as you were.

I know he's not blown us away, but I do feel Sharp is a good player to have on the pitch. Defenders know that he's capable of popping up in the right place at the right time, so keep a close eye on him, opening up space elsewhere for our midfielders/other strikers.

I hope we start brightly - now we've got the second half sorted we ought to be asserting ourselves more in the opening half hour.
alessio89
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by alessio89 »

we must win this match,

we are most strong than terriers and they're in a bad position of standing

i hope in a return of Mowatt

with the 4-3-3 we have win at Dean Court, then i would continued with this modality of play

my favourite team :

Silvestri
Byram Bellusci Cooper Warnock
Cook Sloth Bianchi
Doukara Sharp Antenucci

maybe, Redfearn prefer Pearce instead Cooper and Austin could play instead Cook
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Agreed Alessio

This is a must win. Be so disappointed if we throw away the hard work of Tuesday night by then blowing it against Hudd.

I liked the look of Sloth versus Birmingham, he looked good to me, so I can see the merit of starting with him and having the power of Austin to come on later if necessary.

A little concerned that we may not get the best out of Billy up front in the role he will be playing but it's early days so fingers crossed.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Disagree, it's not must win.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

faaip wrote:Disagree, it's not must win.

I don't believe I'm hearing this!!!!!

ALL matches against the dogs is a must win! We have already been beaten once this season by a local 'rival', and that is one derby match too many.

I will be there as usual and praying for our progress to continue, and a thumping win for us.
:tup: :tup: :tup:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'M NOT A YORKSHIREMAN
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"