Leeds v Watford: Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Watford: Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Yet another pile of useless s**t.

I don't know why I still bother.
woodfordwhites
First Team
First Team

Post by woodfordwhites »

the moor we lose the quicker the hock goes.surely shirly
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

drsdadsotherson wrote:Yet another pile of useless s**t.

I don't know why I still bother.

Hmmm. That sounded slightly negative.

Prepare to be branded.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

missed it ...more important semi going on elsewhere
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Mods, can we please lock this topic up and just forget about this game?!
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

theleedsmango wrote:Mods, can we please lock this topic up and just forget about this game?!

let the haters have their moan...this is their time, they should enjoy it ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

faaip wrote:

i think after three loses, and a flukey win fans are well entitled to have a bit of a moan at a very poor start...or maybe we should be happy sitting 21st :duno:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

[quote="faaip"
theleedsmango wrote:Mods, can we please lock this topic up and just forget about this game?!

let the haters have their moan...this is their time, they should enjoy it ..[/quote]

Ah come off it. People weren't 'hating' and people won't be 'enjoying their time' after a Leeds defeat. Many just pointed out that this was the same shot-gun approach that previous regimes have done in signing players and picking teams. We haven't had a plan, and it's a shame because for the first time we've had a large sum of money come in for a player and it's being reinvested, we just haven't had the manager in place to control the transfer selections.

I disagreed with the signing of Hockaday but was willing to get behind him and more than happy to be proven wrong. Many still bring up McDermott and Warnock every chance they get. I assure you, being against the selection of Hockaday was never about picking sides just for the hope of gloating, it was simply common sense pointing out the probability of failure.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

theleedsmango wrote:

Ah come off it. People weren't 'hating' and people won't be 'enjoying their time' after a Leeds defeat. Many just pointed out that this was the same shot-gun approach that previous regimes have done in signing players and picking teams. We haven't had a plan, and it's a shame because for the first time we've had a large sum of money come in for a player and it's being reinvested, we just haven't had the manager in place to control the transfer selections.

I disagreed with the signing of Hockaday but was willing to get behind him and more than happy to be proven wrong. Many still bring up McDermott and Warnock every chance they get. I assure you, being against the selection of Hockaday was never about picking sides just for the hope of gloating, it was simply common sense pointing out the probability of failure.[/quote]

I can't defend the start, it's awful, So I'm happy for all those who think Hockaday is a cheap talentless coach to enjoy the vilification of their views....is my point
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Hockaday has the tactical nous of a lump of coal.
The past two games he has taken off Billy Sharp
the only man who was scored goals this season
in the championship in a Leeds shirt.
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

theleedsmango wrote:I assure you, being against the selection of Hockaday was never about picking sides just for the hope of gloating, it was simply common sense pointing out the probability of failure.
Spot on!

Hockaday is clearly tactically out of his depth or is simply acting upon orders from above on team selection - either way he's the wrong man for what is a massive job with a massive weight of expectation.

I read somewhere that Hockaday was responsible for the signing of Sharp and Cooper while the rest of the signings have been 'given' to him. If that's the case and Hockaday is picking the team and is responsible for the tactics why's he not sticking with HIS signings and taking them off when they are a) his choices & b) probably more match fit/ready for Championship football.

Whether Hockaday is the fall guy or is getting his orders from above - he can't honestly defend his substitution of Sharp today when he'd got a unproven at this level debutant on the pitch playing alongside him who could have been sacrificed instead.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Cellino said he wanted a coach not a manager. He has employed a coach but given him many of a manager's responsibilities. I have been all for giving him some time to get his squad to gel and integrate a kit of new players. That opinion is looking more and more difficult to justify.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY
#lufc Not confirmed but David Hockaday's Leeds United tenure looks precarious. I understand Cellino very upset after 4-1 defeat at Watford.
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

COR BLIMEY :(
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I was in Liverpool visiting my son today so missed the game. I have seen the result and read the comments on here and Facebook/Twitter it doesn't make for good reading. I will be surprised if Hock is still in charge if we get embarrassed in the cup game. From what I had been reading at 1.1 we had a good spell is this true? if so did we lose to some bad luck and technical errors that could be rectified with time and giving the team time to jell or was we totally sh**e today?
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

Yet again we are turning into a laughing stock....ffs,when will ever stop :duno: :duno: :( :(
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The down side to -

Not worrying about how we do until we get the system and tactics right

- is, that it ignores the potential for fear and demoralisation that can result from successive defeats (like, e.g., 18 of ‘em).
So, we do need to bag the odd fluky win in order to prevent Serial Sphincter Special Syndrome, which would make “Tuesday's messy dressing room” after the game seem but a balmy breeze and a pleasant sprinkling by comparison.
Realistic fellers them bookies. I often wondered if there was a subliminal element in their quoted odds, which are rarely misplaced. As far as football goes I reckon they can, in addition to causing the teensiest nipping of the a*se, also induce Vertigo. I know you generally have to be (or for your chemical concoction of choice to make you think you are) at height for vertigo to be induced and we are in 21st place, but the height comes from the view below to L1. It would be interesting to climb out of L1 again I suppose, but of course it’s not going to happen because this is a positive post.

I didn’t do nothing to suggest that we couldn’t not stay in this division – there, only double negatives which, as we all know……….!

I sincerely hope that our eclectic band of Leeds-supporting brothers and sisters will have a more cheerful weekend than the scoreline suggests we should.

There’s really plenty of time for things to come good, despite the misgivings we all must have.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

faaip wrote:

There you are DDOS, I said you would be branded.

In this new Evangelist religion of Massimo the Divine, anything less than full throated approval of every decision and every result makes you a heretic.

Welcome brother.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Guildford White wrote:
There you are DDOS, I said you would be branded.

In this new Evangelist religion of Massimo the Divine, anything less than full throated approval of every decision and every result makes you a heretic.

Welcome brother.

ooh bullshit...
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

I would expect no other response.