When we have assohles like this at our club...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Just fekk off you imbecile... :roll:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Re: When we have assohles like this at our club...

Post by drsdadsotherson »

I'd rather he show us up by playing football than chucking empty words around the twittersphere.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Will you score a goal next season Noel :roll:

Surely you're best mate will sign you when he lands another managerial post

Good riddance
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

Saw his 'tweets' earlier on - he seemed to be objecting to a particular poster who was questioning his abilities and performances last season.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

How could anyone seriously question a return of zero goals a season from a striker? Grossly unfair!
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Admiral
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @duncanpub

Post by Admiral »

drsdadsotherson wrote:I'd rather he show us up by playing football than chucking empty words around the twittersphere.
Here here!!!
Admiral
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Admiral »

Twiggster wrote:Image

Just fekk off you imbecile... :roll:
Am I allowed to swear like f**k as a ball boy?
Admiral
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Admiral »

Admiral wrote: Am I allowed to swear like flipp as a ball boy?
And I didn't say flip! Am I in North Korea?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

the swear filter...I hate it
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

faaip wrote:the swear filter...I hate it
Yeah, I'm not keep on the word 'flipp', will have to look at that.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Shields53 wrote:
Yeah, I'm not keep on the word 'flipp', will have to look at that.
We should retain keep as a swear filter replacement for k e e n though :twisted:
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

HarryofOz wrote:
We should retain keep as a swear filter replacement for k e e n though :twisted:
We definitely should do that!
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Some of the tweets to Hunt were downright disgraceful. Two things though; If i was a professional footballer or celebrity, I would use Twitter solely for promotional purposes and not for any personal comments. Too risky. The general public can get away with saying (almost) anything, whilst everything you say comes under scrutiny. Much rather use a corporate account to promote whatever and make official statements, and then have a fake name account to make personal opinions with the minnows of society.

Second thing; who actually spends their time abusing famous people on twitter?

I've added a third thing; if I had as bad a season as our players have had, I would be embarrassed to try and defend myself. As DDOS said, I'd focus on improving myself on the pitch to win over people.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

theleedsmango wrote:I've added a third thing; if I had as bad a season as our players have had, I would be embarrassed to try and defend myself. As DDOS said, I'd focus on improving myself on the pitch to win over people.
Agreed, bar a couple they were terrible last season. They should be getting their heads down and getting on with it.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Shields53 wrote:
They should be getting their heads down and getting on with it.
:mrgreen:

LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

theleedsmango wrote:Some of the tweets to Hunt were downright disgraceful. Two things though; If i was a professional footballer or celebrity, I would use Twitter solely for promotional purposes and not for any personal comments. Too risky. The general public can get away with saying (almost) anything, whilst everything you say comes under scrutiny. Much rather use a corporate account to promote whatever and make official statements, and then have a fake name account to make personal opinions with the minnows of society.

Second thing; who actually spends their time abusing famous people on twitter?

I've added a third thing; if I had as bad a season as our players have had, I would be embarrassed to try and defend myself. As DDOS said, I'd focus on improving myself on the pitch to win over people.
1. which is precisely why I never thought the twitter ban (was that Grayson? so many bloody managers I can't keep up) was a bad thing. it's all too easy to say something idiotic, even the most sensible of people can get caught out on social media

2. sadly, way too many people
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I have never bothered with Twitter, just don't see the point. Not interested in what famous people are doing, what they had for breakfast etc.

All these footballers having twitter accounts are just idiots craving even more attention. I don't know why they do it as they will always then be open to abuse whether it be from their own fans or opposition fans. Certainly if I was on Twitter and say stumbled across Rio Ferdinand's site I would be more than likely to call him a drug taking c*nt. Yes likely he would ban me but crikey I'm sure most of his (or his PA's) day would be spent banning people.

I was in full agreement with SG banning all the players from having twitter accounts.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

weasel wrote:I have never bothered with Twitter, just don't see the point. Not interested in what famous people are doing, what they had for breakfast etc.

All these footballers having twitter accounts are just idiots craving even more attention. I don't know why they do it as they will always then be open to abuse whether it be from their own fans or opposition fans. Certainly if I was on Twitter and say stumbled across Rio Ferdinand's site I would be more than likely to call him a drug taking c*nt. Yes likely he would ban me but crikey I'm sure most of his (or his PA's) day would be spent banning people.

I was in full agreement with SG banning all the players from having twitter accounts.

I use twitter purely for information, there is no better place to get the latest footy news.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

weasel wrote:I have never bothered with Twitter, just don't see the point. Not interested in what famous people are doing, what they had for breakfast etc.
It's good for news and for opinions on the news, you just have to spend a bit of time filtering out all the s**t, but once you do, it can be a useful tool; breaking news before most news sites do and bringing you different sides to stories which most news sites don't.

Celebs have hijacked it to 'interact with their fans' and then moan that most people don't really like them. It's the equivalent of standing up in front of the crowd shouting "adore me" and then moaning because someone hit you with a tomato.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

faaip wrote:the swear filter...I hate it
You can turn it off...

User Control Panel, Board preferences, Edit display options, Enable word censoring, No