Cellino's meeting with BMD?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Cellino's meeting with BMD?

Post by CardiffWhite »

I thought they were meant to meet sometime between the Birmingham and Derby games? From what I've heard they haven't met. If this is the case, I'm not too impressed if Cellino is going back on things? Sounds like bad communication or just plain disrespect. Regardless of BMD's performance, he should be treated with some courtesy and respect as should any employee of the club. Can anyone throw any light on this?
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Re: Cellino's meeting with BMD?

Post by Drs.Dad »

CardiffWhite wrote:I thought they were meant to meet sometime between the Birmingham and Derby games? From what I've heard they haven't met. If this is the case, I'm not too impressed if Cellino is going back on things? Sounds like bad communication or just plain disrespect. Regardless of BMD's performance, he should be treated with some courtesy and respect as should any employee of the club. Can anyone throw any light on this?

It would seem to me that Cellino could be about to cut McDermott loose, but didn't want to disturb things prior to the last game of the season. If he had met Egg this week, I would think he would have found it extremely hard to hide his feelings, he seems the type who wears his heart on his sleeve. Just my view of the situation.
:duno:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Saw on Twitter they will be meeting next week, to discuss players.....no mention of Egg's situation tho.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Maybe a bigger name came up to Cellino's attention and put off meeting with BMD?
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Crude wrote:Maybe a bigger name came up to Cellino's attention and put off meeting with BMD?
Nah - Max has spent his time in Leeds recently, jamming with the Pigeon Detectives - who are live at the end of season LUFC Bash, after the game tomorrow and expect Massimo to rock out with them 8-) .
Better than bates' drunken singing in a previous years end of season party :tup:

(Sorry. I wanted to post it - but I think the vid has been dropped by yootoob? ) :roflmao:
LEEDSirish
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LEEDSirish »

Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has revealed he will sit down for talks with manager Brian McDermott before deciding on whether he is the right man to take the club forward next season.

During Cellino's attempt to purchase Leeds in January, McDermott was informed through a solicitor acting on behalf of the Italian's company Eleonora Sport that he had been sacked as the club's manager.

The 52-year-old was reinstated the next day after it emerged the takeover from Dubai-based investment group GFH Capital had not been completed.

Eleonora eventually completed their takeover from financially-stricken GFH last month and while McDermott has stayed in charge of the club, his future remains uncertain.

"I must be 100% confident in my coach at the start of the season," Cellino told BBC Radio Leeds. "I must have a coach that is very good on the field and helps me manage by choosing players.

"I must be 100% confident in my coach at the start of the season."
Massimo Cellino
"I am looking for that and then when the season starts, I must be sure - if it's McDermott or anyone else - that we must not be insecure. We must be sure about what we are looking for.

"We have to let things cool down. Maybe in a week or 10 days' time both of us will be ready to talk about the future.

"We are engaged in another two years of contract and that is also very important for us because we cannot waste money changing (managers). If we have to face that we have to be sure.

"Me and Brian have to sort it out very fairly and in a sporting way."

Cellino revealed he sympathised with the situation McDermott found himself in at Leeds when financial problems started taking hold of the club.

"I think when Brian came here he thought he was coming to a club that could buy a lot of players and he found something different," he said.

"They (the previous owners) were expecting miracles from him, expecting him to be some kind of magician and bring the club into the Premier League straightaway.

"I don't think he got a company/club with enough experience to support him not just with money but with experience so he became a very lonely manager.

"He wasn't ready to manage the club. He was maybe a good coach but did not have enough managerial experience to manage a confusing situation like the one he found at Leeds.

"So I cannot blame him. Maybe he was the right manager at the wrong moment at the wrong club."

Cellino has already brought in former Sheffield Wednesday striker Benito Carbone to assist with redeveloping the club's academy but the 57-year-old insists Carbone is not a potential contender for McDermott's job.

"I brought Benito Carbone here because his dream is to manage in England because he played here in England and he loves English football," he said.

"He knows about soccer but he is not a manager for me that is ready to manage a club in the Championship. He's still too close to a soccer player to be a coach. He's not ready yet."

Cellino added that Leeds must implement a number of changes if they are to eventually return to the Premier League.

Rollercoaster season for Leeds
"Our overheads are still a little bit too high for a Championship club," he said. "Some of them are more like Champions League than Championship.

"We have to spend our resources on buying good young players with talent and keep the wages down."

He added: "The biggest problem we have is that we do not have enough humility to approach a Championship season.

"We need humility - humility from the coach, humility from the chairman and humility from the fans.

"Why have we not been back to the Premier League in the last 10 years? Because we are spoiled."
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

LEEDSirish wrote:Leeds United owner Massimo Cellino has revealed he will sit down for talks with manager Brian McDermott before deciding on whether he is the right man to take the club forward next season.

During Cellino's attempt to purchase Leeds in January, McDermott was informed through a solicitor acting on behalf of the Italian's company Eleonora Sport that he had been sacked as the club's manager.

The 52-year-old was reinstated the next day after it emerged the takeover from Dubai-based investment group GFH Capital had not been completed.

Eleonora eventually completed their takeover from financially-stricken GFH last month and while McDermott has stayed in charge of the club, his future remains uncertain.

"I must be 100% confident in my coach at the start of the season," Cellino told BBC Radio Leeds. "I must have a coach that is very good on the field and helps me manage by choosing players.

"I must be 100% confident in my coach at the start of the season."
Massimo Cellino
"I am looking for that and then when the season starts, I must be sure - if it's McDermott or anyone else - that we must not be insecure. We must be sure about what we are looking for.

"We have to let things cool down. Maybe in a week or 10 days' time both of us will be ready to talk about the future.

"We are engaged in another two years of contract and that is also very important for us because we cannot waste money changing (managers). If we have to face that we have to be sure.

"Me and Brian have to sort it out very fairly and in a sporting way."

Cellino revealed he sympathised with the situation McDermott found himself in at Leeds when financial problems started taking hold of the club.

"I think when Brian came here he thought he was coming to a club that could buy a lot of players and he found something different," he said.

"They (the previous owners) were expecting miracles from him, expecting him to be some kind of magician and bring the club into the Premier League straightaway.

"I don't think he got a company/club with enough experience to support him not just with money but with experience so he became a very lonely manager.

"He wasn't ready to manage the club. He was maybe a good coach but did not have enough managerial experience to manage a confusing situation like the one he found at Leeds.

"So I cannot blame him. Maybe he was the right manager at the wrong moment at the wrong club."

Cellino has already brought in former Sheffield Wednesday striker Benito Carbone to assist with redeveloping the club's academy but the 57-year-old insists Carbone is not a potential contender for McDermott's job.

"I brought Benito Carbone here because his dream is to manage in England because he played here in England and he loves English football," he said.

"He knows about soccer but he is not a manager for me that is ready to manage a club in the Championship. He's still too close to a soccer player to be a coach. He's not ready yet."

Cellino added that Leeds must implement a number of changes if they are to eventually return to the Premier League.

Rollercoaster season for Leeds
"Our overheads are still a little bit too high for a Championship club," he said. "Some of them are more like Champions League than Championship.

"We have to spend our resources on buying good young players with talent and keep the wages down."

He added: "The biggest problem we have is that we do not have enough humility to approach a Championship season.

"We need humility - humility from the coach, humility from the chairman and humility from the fans.

"Why have we not been back to the Premier League in the last 10 years? Because we are spoiled."
Where is that from?
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Popeys interview
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

joelufc20 wrote:Popeys interview
Nope - I heard the interview and Cellino hasn't said a lot of stuff posted by Leeds Irish above. :duno:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CardiffWhite wrote:I thought they were meant to meet sometime between the Birmingham and Derby games? From what I've heard they haven't met. If this is the case, I'm not too impressed if Cellino is going back on things? Sounds like bad communication or just plain disrespect. Regardless of BMD's performance, he should be treated with some courtesy and respect as should any employee of the club. Can anyone throw any light on this?

maybe they shared a phone call and re-arranged the meeting?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

It's off sky
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Apparently, Cellino has written to McD asking why he is on holiday, when we need to assess the players....in his absence, Carbone and Redders are discussing the "retained players" list :shock:
Wonder if this constitutes breach of contract and an easy way to sack McD, without compo? :duno:
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Cellino was on Calendar this evening, he didn't seem too pleased at Brian's absence!! Said he was impressed with Smith's improvement and that Murphy would be a good player if played in the "right" position!! :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:Cellino was on Calendar this evening, he didn't seem too pleased at Brian's absence!! Said he was impressed with Smith's improvement and that Murphy would be a good player if played in the "right" position!! :bear:
Now how many times did this little ol' man moan about McDermott playing players out of position this season ?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:
Now how many times did this little ol' man moan about McDermott playing players out of position this season ?
Endlessly.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Cellino needs to sort his own stance out. If he wants to be the guy who calls the team s**t, does drunken interviews and appeals to the fans at every whim; that's fine. But he's becoming more hypocritical by the day. I'm pretty sure most managers and players are due a bit of a holiday at the end of the season. I'm also sure Brian says he has had no contact with Cellino in the past two weeks that would make Brian think he needs to cancel plans. I am also fairly sure that Cellino has his own vision for who to retain and release... after all he says, in the same interview, that he will be the one making decisions.

GFH talked a good talk, but couldn't deliver. I'm fairly certain Cellino's talks are going to be sporadic, mixed and inconsistent...and his results will reflect so.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
Endlessly.
Two pops in five minutes Martyn :lol:
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

looks like IF Brian Mc is still here next season he will only be the hostess on the plane because Cellino wants to be the pilot incharge of the plane. lol
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Review and interview with Cellino fron Calendar - HERE

BB is right - he does NOT sound too pleased....

Edit: Full interview HERE
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

We look like we could be in for a rough ride with Cellino thinks may not be as good as we thought they maybe,