Yeovil v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Yeovil v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by YorkshireSquare »

I honestly don't think it is fair to rate any player on that first half, the wind was a killer.

I've seen Byram get a bit of a bashing of some here but second half I though he looked really good, going forward anyway. great link up with Kebe. He was a bit unlucky with the penalty, the attacker knocked the ball a bit further forward than I think he was hoping and Sam got his studs caught in the ground, if either of those things hadn't happened I think he gets the ball.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
Attitude and desire.

They were up for it, we weren't

The Sheffield Wednesday game was far more alarming.
I disagree ......we couldn't put two passes together at Spotland where as Rochdale played like the Brazil of League 2

Seems to be a general pattern, very alarming for me :oops:
Cravex
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Cravex »

Scrappy game in awful conditions. I knew Miller would miss that penalty, hopeless player.

Stewart seemed interested and worked hard without doing anything to shout about. Kebe seemed to lack confidence in taking players on, may have been the conditions.

Love how fearless Jason Pearce is. Throws himself at everything. Bet he's gutted when he finishes a game without a big cut on his head.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Cravex wrote:Scrappy game in awful conditions. I knew Miller would miss that penalty, hopeless player.

Stewart seemed interested and worked hard without doing anything to shout about. Kebe seemed to lack confidence in taking players on, may have been the conditions.

Love how fearless Jason Pearce is. Throws himself at everything. Bet he's gutted when he finishes a game without a big cut on his head.
Welcome Cravex :tup:
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well what a week-end never been as cold at a game for a long time.Had a gret Friday night in Bristol then on to a windy Yeovil where conditions for football was a joke,but we overcame them and headed home with 3pts now having a rest getting ready for another long trip down to Brighton on Tuesday.
Kenny 4 Could have caught the ball instead of punching which in turn led to their goal
Byram 6 A bad mistake for penalty but came good in 2nd half
Lees 6 Stuck at his job in difficult conditions
Pearce 6 Same as Lees
Warnock 7 A cheeky goal
Austin 6 Powered his way through the strong wind
Murphy 9 Ran the show
Kebe 5 Getting better but missed two easy chances
Mowatt 3 Never in the game
Stewart 5 A bit better than of late
McCormack 8 Scored a real peach using the wind

Sub
Smith 5 Showed some good touches
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Well what a week-end never been as cold at a game for a long time.Had a gret Friday night in Bristol then on to a windy Yeovil where conditions for football was a joke,but we overcame them and headed home with 3pts now having a rest getting ready for another long trip down to Brighton on Tuesday.
Kenny 4 Could have caught the ball instead of punching which in turn led to their goal
Byram 6 A bad mistake for penalty but came good in 2nd half
Lees 6 Stuck at his job in difficult conditions
Pearce 6 Same as Lees
Warnock 7 A cheeky goal
Austin 6 Powered his way through the strong wind
Murphy 9 Ran the show
Kebe 5 Getting better but missed two easy chances
Mowatt 3 Never in the game
Stewart 5 A bit better than of late
McCormack 8 Scored a real peach using the wind

Sub
Smith 5 Showed some good touches
Probably the worst conditions I've encountered in a long time at a game especially as the wind drove into that open terracing end.

Good to hear you got home safely as travelling was atrocious too !
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

What we have to look at is the fact that the majority of the current players were brought in by Neil Warnock to play Neil Warnockian football - longball. Neil Warnock operated successfully at several clubs working with tight budgets and making the most of mediocre players by simply making the keeper and defenders hoof it at every opportunity and hoping the opposition would make a mistake.

Paddy Kenny for example has played probably 15 years under NW and for 15 years has never looked to throw it out. It takes time, and money, to assemble a side to play a certain way. The likes of Rochdale and Crewe haven't the money but they have the had the time to ingrain a style of play into their players.
trooper20
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by trooper20 »

Does Kenny ever train? He looks way out of condition. I would say good result in terrible conditions. Did you see how much ground Kebe made up to be in that position to score? Shame he put it over though but its better to be a team that misses chances than one that doesn't have any.

As a Reading fan we went down to Sheff Wed after having a man sent off after 9 mins. Wed. looked a good side though. I will be at Brighton to see the Leeds game on Tuesday. You are catching us up now!
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

trooper20 wrote:Does Kenny ever train? He looks way out of condition. I would say good result in terrible conditions. Did you see how much ground Kebe made up to be in that position to score? Shame he put it over though but its better to be a team that misses chances than one that doesn't have any.

As a Reading fan we went down to Sheff Wed after having a man sent off after 9 mins. Wed. looked a good side though. I will be at Brighton to see the Leeds game on Tuesday. You are catching us up now!
If you keep watching us you will get infected with this strange Leeds virus.

You are ours now!
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.