Yeovil v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
joshlucas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Yeovil v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by joshlucas »

Was there anything in bri mc waving after he applauding the leed fans at the final whistle? Looked down after he did it.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

On one of the windiest days ever watching LUFC gale-force I should say, just as with the game at ER v the Yeo's we were a bit too powerful for the poorest team in the league
To be fair to Yeovil we were lucky to go in at half-time only 1 down. Better 2nd half, super strike from Ross & Warnock's wind assisted cross gave us a freaky winning goal to secure a well earned three points in the end
Anyway nice to get back to Wales & enjoy a cuppa :-D

Kenny 6
Byram 7
Lees 6
Pearce 7
Warnock 7 (MOTM)
Kebe 6
Austin 5
Murphy 7
Mowatt 4
Stewart 4
McCormack 7

Smith 6
Last edited by 1964white on Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

How badly blown around was Stewart by the wind today? Hope he had some lead weights in his boots and pockets. :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Byram MOTM for me...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ronan wrote:Leeds win ......check
Ireland win......check

...now just Scotland to win........come on my celtic cousins...slay the longshanks !!!! :tup: :tup:
Yet again racism rears it ugly head, this time in the shape of Ronan. Surely it is time these Marble Statuettes were warned over their disgraceful behaviour. Frankly anyone who wasn't born in Yorkshire and lives in Yorkshire (why would you want to go anywhere else?) should be banned from this forum. As Kathleen Frances once said "Put them on the Maupiti Express and get them the hell outta here!"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:Byram MOTM for me...
Young Sam did good particularly the 2nd half where he linked well with Kebe
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

weasel wrote:
Yet again racism rears it ugly head, this time in the shape of Ronan. Surely it is time these Marble Statuettes were warned over their disgraceful behaviour. Frankly anyone who wasn't born in Yorkshire and lives in Yorkshire (why would you want to go anywhere else?) should be banned from this forum. As Kathleen Frances once said "Put them on the Maupiti Express and get them the hell outta here!"
Ok as long as Harry is exempt :luv: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

Kenny - 6. solid enough, couldn't do anything about the goal, could have adjusted his kicking to the windy conditions more quickly (though nothing like as bad as their keeper)

Byram - 7. only his mistake for the penalty spoiled a very good performance in defence and attack

Lees - 6. (I find it hard to mark the centre halves, not sure why)

Pearce - 7. (ditto)

Warnock - 9. MTM. very reassuring presence in defence, showed very good energy bursting forwards, great goal (I think he at least half aimed for it)

Kebe - 6. Did his bit in quite a lot of good build up play, seemed to lack confidence to beat his marker, and certainly lacked confidence with finishing. (Not sure "Kebe, can only get better" is helping!).

Mowatt - 5. Not his fault that the game was nowhere near him in the first half.

Murphy - 6.5. Covered a decent amount of ground, a few good touches when the ball was on the deck

Austin - 7.5. some great moments - crunching tackle that covered their no 7 in mud, raking cross field pass straight to feet, blistering shot that forced superb save. some solid play in defence and attack, but also a couple of careless mistakes, one of which could have been very costly

Stewart - 7. Not always end product, but I like that he's always looking to beat his man, and often succeeding.

McCormack - 7.5. Great goal, non-stop running. Felt in the second half he was trying to be too ambitious with attempted shots and flicks, mind you after the goal perhaps he was entitled to try anything.

Smith - 6.5. Looked like someone keen to atone for getting sent off in last game. Helped bring other attackers into the game.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Ireland win......check

...now just Scotland to win........come on my celtic cousins...slay the longshanks !!!! :tup: :tup:

Not only did England win well, but you've lost all those English friends you made! :wink:
abundegas
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by abundegas »

Win our game in hand and we're just 2 points away from play-offs! And that after 5-6 defeats in a row.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

And why not pal let`s have some optimism for a change and six of the top eight still to play. :tup:
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Ireland win......check

Ooops, two out of three aint bad :)
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

faaip wrote:Byram MOTM for me...
I honestly though he looked off his game today. OK, some decent link ups with Kebe - and I do like the way they have gelled down that flank - but Sam was very slow to get back defending. Stupid error to concede the penalty tho - you just DON'T go into a tackle like that in your area.

However, our whole defence was a SHOCKING shambles today. Even with the wind in our favour at 2-1 up, we were atrocious as Yeovil attacked. Not talking individual performances, but the defence as a unit. Utter chaos. Yeovil goal had eff all to do with the wind - just crap marking - AGAIN.
Can someone buy Kenny some gloves hes trusts? Yet again, stupid punches that went straight to Yeovil attackers, creating more panic :roll: CATCH the damn ball, FFS - it's what keepers are supposed to do?

As to midfield - did we have one today? With the wind against us 1st ½, I thought we'd have exploited midfield on the floor, to go forward, but no - HOOF -and back comes the ball again! :evil:
Can't remember seeing Mowatt get a touch today, robbed every time he went for the ball and I was glad he was subbed off. Rodi was intent on just going forward to shoot anywhere but on goal. Murphy was the only one in M/F to put in a shift today.

Strikers - Smith really isn't at the table yet, eh? For a lad that tall, he really doesn't use his height. And how the hell Kebe blasted over when clear on goal, remains a sore point.
Both our goals wind assisted, but superb by Ross for taking his chance! :tup:
If Warnock's goal was intentional is very debatable :lol: But happy for the lad and for the goal!

Fans were superb as usual, despite being battered by wind and rain in that crap away end Image

Possibly Egg's last game? He did himself no favours with the tactics today and Yeovil could have got the equaliser if they weren't such a crap team - but he got the win :tup:
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Shame on me for going to bed after the Yeovil goal, was tired from work and ended up being the lucky charm :lol:
Last edited by leedsmad on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ross was a little profligate for me today, great goal though and is wearing the captain's armband well at the moment, Byram looks a class apart for me, assured, uses the ball well and finds space..kept popping up where I didn't expect him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

faaip wrote:Ross was a little profligate for me today, great goal though and is wearing the captain's armband well at the moment, Byram looks a class apart for me, assured, uses the ball well and finds space..kept popping up where I didn't expect him
Class tackle to give away the penalty eh? :roll: Slow and late defending, like his whole game today, unfortunately.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

I am fairly new to the forum but really enjoy the regulars comments ! I must agree with Twiggs comments on todays game, I think on an ordinary weather day we may have struggled. Our defence was abysmal, too many panic clearances which fell to their feet. Also on Cameron Stewart, through on goal with Kebe clear and just requiring a cut back and he decides to balloon it over the bar, SELFISH, should have cut it back to Kebe who would have done the same :roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:
I honestly though he looked off his game today. OK, some decent link ups with Kebe - and I do like the way they have gelled down that flank - but Sam was very slow to get back defending. Stupid error to concede the penalty tho - you just DON'T go into a tackle like that in your area.

However, our whole defence was a SHOCKING shambles today. Even with the wind in our favour at 2-1 up, we were atrocious as Yeovil attacked. Not talking individual performances, but the defence as a unit. Utter chaos. Yeovil goal had eff all to do with the wind - just crap marking - AGAIN.
Can someone buy Kenny some gloves hes trusts? Yet again, stupid punches that went straight to Yeovil attackers, creating more panic :roll: CATCH the damn ball, FFS - it's what keepers are supposed to do?

As to midfield - did we have one today? With the wind against us 1st ½, I thought we'd have exploited midfield on the floor, to go forward, but no - HOOF -and back comes the ball again! :evil:
Can't remember seeing Mowatt get a touch today, robbed every time he went for the ball and I was glad he was subbed off. Rodi was intent on just going forward to shoot anywhere but on goal. Murphy was the only one in M/F to put in a shift today.

Strikers - Smith really isn't at the table yet, eh? For a lad that tall, he really doesn't use his height. And how the hell Kebe blasted over when clear on goal, remains a sore point.
Both our goals wind assisted, but superb by Ross for taking his chance! :tup:
If Warnock's goal was intentional is very debatable :lol: But happy for the lad and for the goal!

Fans were superb as usual, despite being battered by wind and rain in that crap away end Image

Possibly Egg's last game? He did himself no favours with the tactics today and Yeovil could have got the equaliser if they weren't such a crap team - but he got the win :tup:
Always a problem when we have hoof-boy Lees in the middle of our defence

Austin continues to see lots of the ball week after week & he plays like Austin as he does, one good shot & a strong tackle was his only decent contribution, was out-jumped for their goal, infact his feet hardly left the ground

Mowatt made one good pass to Ross & that was it

As far as our nice bloke of a manager, he has made little progress on the pitch, he hoofed when he arrived 12 months ago & we're still hoofing now
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote:Our defence was abysmal, too many panic clearances which fell to their feet
Nothing new there mate, that's how our defence performs every week
1964white

Post by 1964white »

60sUnited wrote: Also on Cameron Stewart, through on goal with Kebe clear and just requiring a cut back and he decides to balloon it over the bar, SELFISH, should have cut it back to Kebe who would have done the same :roflmao:
My Hull pal offered to drive him to ER, he was that desperate to see the back of Stewart at the KC :lol: