Leeds v Watford - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds v Watford - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by paddy parrott »

Brillant worth the contract alone good man Z top man. :tup:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Can't believe Kenny pushed that ball back at Deeney's feet! Other than that it's a good point considering we were 2 down at half time...

Their first goal was a bit soft, and the difference in pace showed for their second - was it 5 vs. 3 in our box? 3 very well taken goals from our lads though and hopefully they're not too disappointed only getting a draw.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Guildford White wrote:Some interesting variations in ranking there.

'64 gives Zaliukas 8/10, "would have fallen apart without this fella commanding at the back"

Joe on the other hand gives him 3/10, "kept backing off for me crap"

Crap or commanding? What do others say?
I notice this too...it's why it's hard to follow anyone's ratings. If you averaged out player's ratings from each person who gave a review, most of the team would probably be on 5, with Mowatt edging to a 7, Paddy Kenny to a 3.

Great to see us coming from 2-0 down to getting back in the game. Depending on how you look at the game, we were unlucky to lose 2 points, or we fought back hard to gain a point after a bad start.

One of McDermott's most noted skill is 'getting the best out of average players' and on cue, up steps Pugh. I don't think many of us pictured him getting a game at the start of the season (Warnock, Drury, White and even a wrong sided Peltier all seemed better alternatives) but this is what having a squad is all about. Brilliant to see him stepping up.

Smith is going to get better as time goes on. I guarantee it. The pressure at Leeds is greater than what he's been used to, the opposition fiercer. He's starting to throw his weight about a bit more up front, causing the opposition defence a menace. As this starts returning good results, he'll get more and more confident in his position and the roughness of this league.

Judging from the highlights and game reports, it would seem our midfield is definitely blowing hot and cold. Out of Austin, Mowatt and Murphy, it seems one is MOTM contender, one is steady and one had a nightmare, and it rotates every week.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

We badly need this midfield, and Austin in paricular, to play as well AWAY from home as they (usually) do at Elland Road.

From what I have seen and heard, we just seem to go missing in midfield when not at ER.......especially Austin, which is so surprising given how he is so inspirational at home, covering every blade of grass.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

theleedsmango wrote:
I notice this too...it's why it's hard to follow anyone's ratings. If you averaged out player's ratings from each person who gave a review, most of the team would probably be on 5, with Mowatt edging to a 7, Paddy Kenny to a 3.

Great to see us coming from 2-0 down to getting back in the game. Depending on how you look at the game, we were unlucky to lose 2 points, or we fought back hard to gain a point after a bad start.

One of McDermott's most noted skill is 'getting the best out of average players' and on cue, up steps Pugh. I don't think many of us pictured him getting a game at the start of the season (Warnock, Drury, White and even a wrong sided Peltier all seemed better alternatives) but this is what having a squad is all about. Brilliant to see him stepping up.

Smith is going to get better as time goes on. I guarantee it. The pressure at Leeds is greater than what he's been used to, the opposition fiercer. He's starting to throw his weight about a bit more up front, causing the opposition defence a menace. As this starts returning good results, he'll get more and more confident in his position and the roughness of this league.

Judging from the highlights and game reports, it would seem our midfield is definitely blowing hot and cold. Out of Austin, Mowatt and Murphy, it seems one is MOTM contender, one is steady and one had a nightmare, and it rotates every week.
It doesn't help when Joe rated Zaliakus a 3 but later posted up he thought Z was Byram :lol:

Believe me Z was our best CB Mango !
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

a point from this game when it looked at half-time as if a defeat was on the cards suppose in the end it felt like defeat.In the 1st half we were not at the races but a welcome display gave us a lot to cheer about

Kenny 5 Badly at fault for 3rd goal
Byram 5 lacking match fitness
Zaliukas 7 Another no nonsense display
Pearce 6 Once again solid
Pugh 8 Seems to be getting some form back
Austin 6 Played well 2nd half
Peltier 5 Struggled
Murphy 9 Ran the mid-field
Mowatt 6 Got to grips the longer the game went on
Smith 6 Missed two sitters but kept going
McCormack 8 Once again class showed
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

1964white wrote: It doesn't help when Joe rated Zaliakus a 3 but later posted up he thought Z was Byram :lol:

Believe me Z was our best CB Mango !
I'll take your word for it. I've been hearing a lot of good reports about him...mostly "solid", "commanding" and an "astute signing"; some really pleasing words (I cut out the extreme comments - 'signing of the season' or 'sunday league footballer at best'). Hopefully he continues with this form and we get him signed on for another season.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings