Leeds v Middesbro' Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Re: Leeds v Middesbro' Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by leedsmad »

Thanks for the match report Gurj , awesome mate :tup:
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

Very thankful for the win especially as our second half performance was frustrating and lacking in imagination. It's like that sometimes I guess but it was hard watching the long balls and backing off when all we needed to do was pass it around with the extra man in our favour.

Any road… The first half was much better, 3 wins in a row and to be up in the playoffs is really nice.

(And by the way blaming Kenny for their goal is really silly - it was a quick sharp move and a very good finish from not very far out - no time to react really.)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Well yet another hard fought scrappy performance from McDermott's Leeds. We created the better chances even though the Boro boys looked more pacier & comfortable on the ball, had we taken our chances the game could have been wrapped up by half-time
Mowatt my MOTM with our new No.24 Marias & JP the standout candidates.

Kenny 7 - no chance with the goal
Peltier 7 - Boro No.19 gave Pelts the runaround in the opening 15 minutes, Peltier grew as the game progressed & created the winner with a superb cross
Lees 6 - always looks like a mistake in him, loves to hoof the ball
Zuliukas 8 - looks a very good signing on today's evidence, plenty of interceptions & so much composure
Pearce 8 - no finesse but a wholehearted 100% performer, puts his body in the line of fire. Nice to see JP score again
Pugh 7 - looks like he'd been playing LB all season, solid steady game
Austin 6 - the usual huff & puff Rudi, he actually had a decent shot on target which stung the keepers fingers
Murphy 6 - some neat touches, needs to impose himself on the game much more
Mowatt 8.5 - easily our best midfielder & my MOTM, constantly ran intelligently into space & far too many times not found by his teammates who preferred to lump the ball over him or choose the wrong option. On the ball he looks a class act & was unlucky not to score as he darted into the box only for the sub keeper produce a decent save to stop a debut goal. Great deep cross to the back post to assist our first goal
Blackstock 6 - gives us some pace upfront, still unconvinced with Dexter ATM
McCormack 7 - lots of good running into the channels, missed a sitter & then scored our first goal, didn't get a sniff on goal in the 2nd half
Last edited by 1964white on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:Goals from today HERE! :tup:

Have to ask again - Kenny..wtf? :duno: Ok, defender lost his man, but ball right at him. All he had to do was MOVE? :duno:
You really do have a very twisted view of life Twiggs.

Whenever you have decided to scapegoat a Leeds player (Howson, Becchio, Kenny) you ignore reality and blame your pet hate for all life's misfortunes. The Boro goal was brilliantly taken, no keeper in the world would have stopped that unless by pure luck.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
You really do have a very twisted view of life Twiggs.

Whenever you have decided to scapegoat a Leeds player (Howson, Becchio, Kenny) you ignore reality and blame your pet hate for all life's misfortunes. The Boro goal was brilliantly taken, no keeper in the world would have stopped that unless by pure luck.
Kenny is one of the better keepers in the championship. !
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Well another 3pts on the scoreboard thats all we can ask for once again a game against the boro with someone been sent off a regular happening ing in this fixture.At times we looked 2nd best but hung in.

Kenny 6 not a lot to do
Peltier 5 Could not get near his man in the 1sthalf
Lees 6 Did a fair job
Pearce 8 A dominating display
Zaliukas 9 Looks a bargain
Pugh 7 His 2nd steady display
Austin 7 Made a few good runs but at times lets himself down
Murphy 7 Another display which shows some confidence
Mowatt 6 Faded in and out of the game
Blackstock 5 Not sure he his the answer
McCormack 7 Another goal for Ross long may they keep coming

Subs
Smith 4 Could not get into the game
Byram 3 Not on long enough
Brown 3 Same as above at least he did not get booked
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Gotta agree with the reviews here. However, WTF is it with LUFC and lack of work ethic?? We bossed them for the first half and totally went as limp as a limp thing from limp town in the second. No attacking, no pushing forward, except for a few instances when we showed quite good football. We just hung back and allowed a 10 man team to boss us and push us ever rearwards??? It was almost akin to Blackwell being back in charge. For most of the second half a few passes on the ground and hoof up front. Each time losing the ball. On the (Very) few good runs we had we kept the ball down, passed between and had a couple of near misses.

I'll take the three points everytime, but playing like that I dread to think what tactics would be used if we ever do go up, we'll be humiliated every single time by even lesser prem teams imo.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Armleywhite wrote:Gotta agree with the reviews here. However, WTF is it with LUFC and lack of work ethic?? We bossed them for the first half and totally went as limp as a limp thing from limp town in the second. No attacking, no pushing forward, except for a few instances when we showed quite good football. We just hung back and allowed a 10 man team to boss us and push us ever rearwards??? It was almost akin to Blackwell being back in charge. For most of the second half a few passes on the ground and hoof up front. Each time losing the ball. On the (Very) few good runs we had we kept the ball down, passed between and had a couple of near misses.

I'll take the three points everytime, but playing like that I dread to think what tactics would be used if we ever do go up, we'll be humiliated every single time by even lesser prem teams imo.
And your MOTM Armley ?
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

1964white wrote:
And your MOTM Armley ?
I think Zaluicas was very very good, seems like BM onto a bit of a winner with him. Although Mowatt was good as well. Others in contention, imo, pearce and Pugh. All did well imo.

If I have to pick one then Zaluicas has to be top of the list.
Armleywhite

Post by Armleywhite »

Twiggster wrote:
Have to ask again - Kenny..wtf? :duno: Ok, defender lost his man, but ball right at him. All he had to do was MOVE? :duno:
With all due respect, I have to ask. what were you watching :duno: . From where we were Kenny stood no chance. Lets not forget that distance is very much mis-interpreted on tv. Imo, for what it's worth he stood no chance. :duno:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

leedsmad wrote:Thanks for the match report Gurj , awesome mate :tup:
No problem, was great to write that up on the train home......passed a lot of the journey away doing it :-)
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Armleywhite wrote: With all due respect, I have to ask. what were you watching :duno: . From where we were Kenny stood no chance. Lets not forget that distance is very much mis-interpreted on tv. Imo, for what it's worth he stood no chance. :duno:
I agree......the speed of the Boro attack and accuracy of the cross alligned with the close proximity of the shot meant it was impossible for Paddy to do anything to prevent it going in.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Armleywhite wrote: I think Zaluicas was very very good, seems like BM onto a bit of a winner with him. Although Mowatt was good as well. Others in contention, imo, pearce and Pugh. All did well imo.

If I have to pick one then Zaluicas has to be top of the list.
The very four who stood out in my eyes !