Preston v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Preston v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

f-t 3-1 Preston
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

full time.

3-1 Preston, unlucky with the 2nd goal but overall they were the better side 2nd half imo.

Cant really comment on the first as much
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Oh well, another disappointing result after a promising first half.

It is now mathematically impossible for us to make the top six, but we also cannot be relegated ;)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Preston got the breaks and we got Ekuban missing grade A chances ..Not much in this really. Had we got the second we'd have probably won the game ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Under Heck I`ve never felt we have played with a purpose or system...just randomly picked teams playing without a clue.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't think I can do ratings as I missed 25 minutes of the first half ...

Hernandez MOTM from what I saw though
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

Let`s be honest: we are garbage. New players MUST come in, quality players.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Great updates. Sad, feel sorry for the fans traveling, that loyalty is being taken for granted.
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

fred wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:48 pm Under Heck I`ve never felt we have played with a purpose or system...just randomly picked teams playing without a clue.
I agree with that. Managers who come in to a struggling squad low on confidence usually go back to basics, get organised and do simple things well, we don’t seem to have worked on anything :duno:
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

fred wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:52 pm Let`s be honest: we are garbage. New players MUST come in, quality players.
I know it’s a moot point but put Wood and Bartley back in that team and I think we are a different proposition.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Excellent updates as usual...thanks gents. Pity about the result :(
fred
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by fred »

NorfolkWhite wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:58 pm I know it’s a moot point but put Wood and Bartley back in that team and I think we are a different proposition.
We had a proven CB and attacker. Don`t think either could have been kept to be honest.
Even if you pay 8 million you won`t have the guarantee that a player will deliver...but if you don`t take thee gamble
you`ll never have a chance...can`t see us splashing that money for single players I`m afraid.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:21 pm Well don't drink so much before you go to bed then... :P :P

:)
Think I'll be having a few after that result hector.........
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not even upset anymore.

I've found if you expect to lose before the start you feel much better at full time.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

I saw the selection of Anita and couldn't even be bothered after that.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I know we called for changes to see what a few others could do (mainly U23s) but that lineup was beyond a joke. Roofe is Div1 quality, a likeable lad but he isn’t going to ever be a Championship player. Anita at LB how many more times does anyone need to see he isn’t a LB and never will be.

Saiz and Alioski on the bench, why! Even more so why do we go back to 4-4-2 when we haven’t the players for it? Hernandez drifts in, he can’t play wide outside and is ineffective if expected to do so. It was a disgusting pi$$ take of a lineup...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Richard wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:19 pm I know we called for changes to see what a few others could do (mainly U23s) but that lineup was beyond a joke. Roofe is Div1 quality, a likeable lad but he isn’t going to ever be a Championship player. Anita at LB how many more times does anyone need to see he isn’t a LB and never will be.

Saiz and Alioski on the bench, why! Even more so why do we go back to 4-4-2 when we haven’t the players for it? Hernandez drifts in, he can’t play wide outside and is ineffective if expected to do so. It was a disgusting pi$$ take of a lineup...
In total agreement Richard. We may have an injury crisis but why then make the team even weaker. I was going to post before the match that PH would probably choose Anita at left back but I didn't even think he was that stupid - sadly I was mistaken.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Look I know when I posted about non-verbal communication through body language
it sort of got dismissed as sort of pseudo science, but nevertheless police agencies
are taught to look for discrepancies between speech and the words being said and what
the body language is saying.

Turn the sound off on this video and watch how PH moves is hands and body. He starts off
the the hand washing technique just like Pilate. Hands in pockets defiant, Arms crossed over
chest defensive, pulling at the collar like a hangman's noose around his neck. covering the mouth
as if to stop the words escaping, neck stroking to calm himself. He is a fidgeting mess, regardless
of the words he might be saying. He is not long for this job. He is a man that exudes a lack of
confidence, and I suppose that gets transmitted to the players, which then expresses itself
in poor performances. It is a truism to say that he has lost the dressing room... not that he ever had it.
Just one bad result after another, and people still want to give him time. Enough is enough.
hector

Post by hector »

The wine gums went back in the cupboard.... :cry: :cry: :verysad:
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Cjay wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:15 pm Not even upset anymore.

I've found if you expect to lose before the start you feel much better at full time.
Same here, I expect that we will get beat, and then I take some weird consolation that I got it right.