Leeds v Sunderland - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Sunderland - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by whiteswan »

Richard wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:00 pm I thought we played very well in parts and had by far the better chances, we hit the woodwork three times but not a single chance to our strikers... Lasogga I thought was awful the entire game, no movement and stood on the shoulder of a Sunderland defender for the most of it. Berardi probably needs moving on now as well, poor passing and a liability with his tackling.
Lasogga is a disappointment Richard.....has been most of the season really. And yes, Beradi is proving a liability. Six red cards I believe!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

hector wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:39 pm You assume wrong Ducky :) :)
:shock: hector, you are a little :pig:ywiggy
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:00 pm I thought we played very well in parts and had by far the better chances, we hit the woodwork three times but not a single chance to our strikers... Lasogga I thought was awful the entire game, no movement and stood on the shoulder of a Sunderland defender for the most of it. Berardi probably needs moving on now as well, poor passing and a liability with his tackling.
We were unlucky not to score more, but so were Sunderland.

Alioski blocked off the line, they hit the post and BPF had to make a number of good saves.

Draws fair imo, we could have won but easily could have lost
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

What I did find annoying on the commentary, they said what a huge task PH has in the close season rebuilding the team. As others have pointed out, Rads wanted top 6 he believed this team was top 6 and that was why TC was sacked. Now it seems to be of the opinion and accepted that the entire team is rubbish.

This also got me thinking to January when it was a time to strengthen, how annoying that we sign a LB probably as bad a Bessone was and two injured players in Forshaw and Taylor.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:17 pm We were unlucky not to score more, but so were Sunderland.

Alioski blocked off the line, they hit the post and BPF had to make a number of good saves.

Draws fair imo, we could have won but easily could have lost
I agree chances both ends but in patches there were some decent passes and movement. Alioski, Hernandez and Saiz were brilliant at times, annoying at others I know but they had to do it all. If Lasogga and more about him he could have made space, created openings and drew defenders out of position, it was like playing with ten men with him on the field.

One corner he actually turned as he jumped to head the ball and it came off the back of his head. I know people say he has scored goals for us but put it on his toe at 10 yards out for him to tuck it away is nothing spectacular. The sooner he has gone the better although Roof and Ekuban are not much better.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

BPF-8 . .Some great saves today, played well.
Dallas-4 . Not a right back beaten to easily to often.
Jansson-7 pretty commanding most of the problems were down the flanks not the middle.
O-Connor-7 . Did well, decent game.
Berardi-0 . Was beaten time and time again and doesnt deserve a point.
Vieira-7 .did well again, unlucky not to score.
Phillips-6 . Started well but faded as Sunderland improved
Alioski-7. Linked well with Pablo, unlucky not to score and a crucial block
Hernandez-9. .A class above.
Saiz-6 . Passing was off and lost the ball to much imo but did hit the bar with a good fk.
Lassie-3 . Nothing at all today

Roofe-3 . Same as Lassie totally ineffective, rusty maybe but even so.
Ekuban-5 ran about more then Lassie.
Anita-na.

Paul Heckingbottom-5 . .The full backs were poor and that caused us most of our problems so thats his fault. We played decently at times and were unlucky not to score more, but so were Sunderland and managers are judged on results, 1-1 at home vs the bottom side isnt good enough.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:31 pm I agree chances both ends but in patches there were some decent passes and movement. Alioski, Hernandez and Saiz were brilliant at times, annoying at others I know but they had to do it all. If Lasogga and more about him he could have made space, created openings and drew defenders out of position, it was like playing with ten men with him on the field.

One corner he actually turned as he jumped to head the ball and it came off the back of his head. I know people say he has scored goals for us but put it on his toe at 10 yards out for him to tuck it away is nothing spectacular. The sooner he has gone the better although Roof and Ekuban are not much better.
Alioski and Hernandez linked well i thought today, lovely move first half which ended with a corner.

Didnt think much of Saiz, he will get an assist but thats more down to work by Alioski and finish by Pablo, Saiz had the easiest bit. His freekick was class but apart from that he disappointed imo.

Agree on Lassie he was awful today, no movement, no nothing, then again Roofe was the same when he came on, barely touched the ball.
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:27 pm What I did find annoying on the commentary, they said what a huge task PH has in the close season rebuilding the team. As others have pointed out, Rads wanted top 6 he believed this team was top 6 and that was why TC was sacked. Now it seems to be of the opinion and accepted that the entire team is rubbish.

This also got me thinking to January when it was a time to strengthen, how annoying that we sign a LB probably as bad a Bessone was and two injured players in Forshaw and Taylor.
Yeah without moaning to much I'll be annoyed if Hecky gets away with his results this season. He has to be judged the same as TC, or if Radz thinks it is the players then sack Orta, they both cant survive.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Obviously missed all that, happy with the draw, Sunderland needed to win that more than we did. I can avoid the negativity here now until Tuesday ...excellent
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:52 pm Obviously missed all that, happy with the draw, Sunderland needed to win that more than we did. I can avoid the negativity here now until Tuesday ...excellent
How did your bridge game go faaip?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

lost 2 rubbers to zero, I didn't get a hand at any point and we played just one hand bringing home a difficult 5 clubs. Defence was poor too
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:30 pm lost 2 rubbers to zero, I didn't get a hand at any point and we played just one hand bringing home a difficult 5 clubs. Defence was poor too
Thats a shame....but I don't think you missed a riveting game at ER today.....but we did get a point and some good performances from a few. Sounded like our young goalie played well....seems to be coming on nicely :)
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

With the comments on Lasogga do people think he is just fed up after not starting the last couple of games and has got to the point where he can't be bothered any more. Seemed like he was doing well but then got dropped and was only picked today because of Ekuban's miss at 1-0 v Fulham.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:29 pm Aye sorry about that but as the only non Heck hater on the forum it's probably for the best. I've stopped posting on most football threads as it is
No you're not the only one mate.

I'm the same I'll keep posting on certain topics but as far as anything related to Hecky I'm out of it

You're a big player on these matchday threads so keep your huge contribution up mate :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:17 pm With the comments on Lasogga do people think he is just fed up after not starting the last couple of games and has got to the point where he can't be bothered any more. Seemed like he was doing well but then got dropped and was only picked today because of Ekuban's miss at 1-0 v Fulham.
We played for 80 minutes today without a centre-forward :(

A sheer waste of space
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Curious why with nothing left to play for Hecky took off Saiz for Anita after Berardi got sent off.

A draws acceptable is it?
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:26 pm No you're not the only one mate.

I'm the same I'll keep posting on certain topics but as far as anything related to Hecky I'm out of it

You're a big player on these matchday threads so keep your huge contribution up mate :tup:
ok I'm the only non Heck/Rads/Orta hater, first season in charge has gone OK and the future has a rosy tinge
hector

Post by hector »

Yup.... you may be alone in those thoughts... :P

:)
Song machine is coming down....
And we're gonna have a party Uhuhu
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Positives

Hernandez scintillating form + his lovely goal
Peacock-Farrell saves
O'Connor's cool, calm & collected debut (although poor marking for their goal)
Created several scoring opportunities

Negatives

We played 80 minutes without a centre-forward
Dallas screwed up every cross (double-figures)
Dallas defending
Berardi a liability
Missed the target far too many times
Don't shoot enough
Never got enough players in the opposition's box when we're on the break
Poor retention of the ball
Rarely win 50/50 balls
Minimal pressing/closing down
Often choose the wrong passing options
Dreadful crosses

8 - Peacock-Farrell
1 - Dallas