Fulham v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:26 pm
Sounded like a good atmosphere, probably made better because of the ground being compact. I can't help but feel that the atmosphere at ER would be improved by the stadium not being a mismatch of stands that allows the noise to disappate through the gaps rather than rebounding round the stadium.
Yes a compact stadium does help with the noise factor

Tbh ER is a mish mash of stands
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Love Craven Cottage, a traditional ground full of character. I even enjoyed the walk through the streets of Kesington with all the cherry trees all out in flower :)

Also I do enjoy the Fulham style of play
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I'm probably totally on my own with this opinion but....

With the right coach and a bundle of confidence I feel Grot could be a decent player on the right wing for us.

Yes he missed a howler, won't be the first or last to do so and his confidence is low but right wing is where I see him developing.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Richard wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:18 pm I'm probably totally on my own with this opinion but....

With the right coach and a bundle of confidence I feel Grot could be a decent player on the right wing for us.

Yes he missed a howler, won't be the first or last to do so and his confidence is low but right wing is where I see him developing.
Not on your own. :)

Although i see Grot being a good striker if given time.

He has all the physical attributes, size, pace, strength.

He came on and sent 6ft plus USA international Tim Ream absolutely flying using his strength fairly.

As you say needs coaching but every player misses sitters, just part of the game.

I'd like to see him start, why not?

Nothing to lose now may as well give players a chance.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Clive
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clive »

Cjay wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:18 pm Not on your own. :)

Although i see Grot being a good striker if given time.

He has all the physical attributes, size, pace, strength.

He came on and sent 6ft plus USA international Tim Ream absolutely flying using his strength fairly.

As you say needs coaching but every player misses sitters, just part of the game.

I'd like to see him start, why not?

Nothing to lose now may as well give players a chance.
I liked the look of him when I first saw him against Forest, but he wasn't able to make much of an impact after that.

He looks to have gained a lot of confidence from his success with the under-23s as he's looked quite bright and he didn't seem to lose confidence after that miss.

He appears pretty mobile for someone so big and has good feet.

I see him as a striker, too. I'd like to see him get a run there, Ekuban's had enough chances.

He's very young and Chris Wood used to miss a lot of chances, so I think there's a player there.