Brighton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
60sUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Brighton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Postby 60sUnited » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:00 am

Starting to wonder about Jansson, agree with earlier comments about him looking too casual. I wasnt impressed with his Cruyff turn against Villa and he seems to be smiling at everybody too much instead of concentrating on the game, think he has been reading some of the pumped up stuff about himself and getting above his self !! He also seems to concede corners at an alarming rate when there are other options......imho !!

Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Postby Gandalf » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:35 am

Too many players off the pace last night. Too many misplaced passes. Monk got us organised in the second half, but we had no attacking threat.

The defence , with the exception of Charlie, were all under par. Vieira was MOM, he must have covered miles, Roofe was invisible. Grimes played OK when he came on. A night to forget.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!

Norm
Manager
Manager

Postby Norm » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:16 am

Reading these analyses and getting the impression that all is not well, have we been seduced by fools' gold? I am especially depressed by the comments about Jansson - I hope that he isn't going to be the latest CB to fall apart after gaining initial acceptance and rave reviews.

paddy parrott
First Team
First Team

Postby paddy parrott » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:02 pm

Didn't see the game so only reading your comments and I suppose a lot of negatives.
Well lost to a good outdid and a team of some experience we didn't match I suppose.But we all must take heart from the season to date firstly our home record has to me dramatically improved i.e performance level and all round team effort.
So if we keep working and picking up points on the road and just trying to kee in top six or seven we are fine . Rememembering we are three good players missing and all is not lost not yet .MOT.

Ratscoot
First Team
First Team

Postby Ratscoot » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:59 pm

paddy parrott wrote:Didn't see the game so only reading your comments and I suppose a lot of negatives.
Well lost to a good outdid and a team of some experience we didn't match I suppose.But we all must take heart from the season to date firstly our home record has to me dramatically improved i.e performance level and all round team effort.
So if we keep working and picking up points on the road and just trying to kee in top six or seven we are fine . Rememembering we are three good players missing and all is not lost not yet .MOT.

Nicely said Paddy, a loss away to the Championship top team isn't the end of the world, plus down to 10 men and they only scored because of two penalties, second shouldn't have been given IMO. Most of the team played below par Ronaldo the exception plus 3 quality players to return things are looking good let's keep backing Monk and the team I'd rather be where we are now than the last 10 years MOT
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't

Shields53
Site Admin
Site Admin
Twitter: @motforum

Postby Shields53 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Poor game all round. Disappointing to loose after our recent run but we are still missing a midfield. Be good to get some players back from injury and hopefully strengthen in the window.

Agree on comments re Jansson but goes for Bartley and Ayling just as much sometimes in that we are always keen to play the ball out, sometimes you just need to put your laces through it.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Postby 1964white » Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:09 pm

Shields53 wrote:Poor game all round. Disappointing to loose after our recent run but we are still missing a midfield. Be good to get some players back from injury and hopefully strengthen in the window.

Agree on comments re Jansson but goes for Bartley and Ayling just as much sometimes in that we are always keen to play the ball out, sometimes you just need to put your laces through it.

Getting our midfield players back will be key :tup: I personally thought Bartley & Ayling were poor last night, part responsible for the first penalty & Bartley for the 2nd one. Wasn't that impressed with the Seagulls tbh !

rab_rant
Manager
Manager

Postby rab_rant » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:24 pm

Playing with ten men and losing to two penalties.
Phffffftttt... that was a victory... MOT
Scottish Steel and Irish Fire that's the weapon I desire.

Return to “Match Day Archive”