Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:What time does Strictly start?
Anyone started a thread :lol:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

1964white wrote:
Anyone started a thread :lol:
Strictly was on the TV in the Lounge, I was relegated to the laptop in the kitchen.

That said I placed a £5 double on Hamilton for SPOTY and Flack for Strictly a few weeks ago at 20/1 so along with our undeserved point a decent evening.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:
Strictly was on the TV in the Lounge, I was relegated to the laptop in the kitchen.

That said I placed a £5 double on Hamilton for SPOTY and Flack for Strictly a few weeks ago at 20/1 so along with our undeserved point a decent evening.
Nice one, well done :tup:
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Why do we keep taking Adryan off around the 70th min? It happens every game. I thought Morrison was a little lacklustre even though he had just come on. I just hope Warnock can stay fit because he covers for Pearce 70% of the match he blocks the most shots I have ever seen in a game.
Thank god for Silvestri, Warnock and the linesman they kept us in the game. We should be able to get a few points now as we have easier games coming up.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Norm wrote:I like the sound of young Cook AND I'd like him to stay.
Is he a Leeds (or at least somewhere local) lad does anyone know please?
York I believe. I don't think he'll want to leave yet, he's in a young and improving team and, at 17, it's not like he'll be getting any games if he goes up a division.

If we keep Mowatt and Cook together in midfield and find ourselves a big lad to sit in behind them then I think we'd have a midfield to rival any in this league.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Somewhat lucky point against an out of form Forest. Some good spells and play mixed with bad spells and play.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Silvestri 7 - Made some excellent saves late on to keep us in the game. Still not overly confident with him punching everything, but he is getting better at coming out for crosses/corners.
Byram 8 - Did really well getting forward with a couple of excellent runs into their box (one winning the penalty). If we decide to go with wingers in the near future then I think Sam should be one of them.
Pearce 4 - Poor showing from JP today, made lots of errors and allowed to get free for his two disallowed goals.
Cooper 5 - Didn't make the same mistakes as Pearce, but still not too steady. He looks a lot better with Bellusci next to him.
Warnock 7 - Got forward well, linking up with Sharp for some of our best passages of play. Doesn't seem to have the legs though as he broke down again. I think we'll need some rotation at LB over the busy festive period...
Cook 9 MOTM - Immense display from Lewis. He does really well at bullying players twice his size off the pitch, lots of interceptions and great tackling. After Adryan went off he was getting forward well and helping out the attack.
Mowatt 7 - Quieter game for Alex, but linked the left hand side well as well as covering for Warnock. Looked knackered at the end though!
Bianchi 5 - Didn't really get into the game. Horrendous sliced clearance conceded a corner and lost the ball a few times in good positions.
Adryan 7 - Scared their defence with his running, but too often lost the ball. Not afraid to get stuck in to win the ball back though, probably our biggest attacking threat after Byram.
Antenucci 6 - Couple of nice shots, but overall a quiet game. He ended up out of the box too many times when we were putting crosses in.
Sharp 7 - Was played out wide and did very well. Held up the ball well and put a couple of really dangerous crosses in. Not sure it's really where we need to be playing him, but at least it's an option. Good penalty too.

Morison 6 - Won a lot of headers, but all round game was poor; running down blind alleys with no end product. Again, I feel as if he should have been in the box rather than deeper, though maybe that's a tactics thing rather than the player.
Tonge 6 - Steady performance from Tonge. Nothing special, but nothing awful.
Doukara 6 - Looked bright when he came on and forced a couple of saves from their keeper. I would have liked to have seen him come on for Sharp to be honest, but I think Redders was trying to make sure we saw the game out by that point.

I think overall it was a good point against a good Forest side. About time we got some luck with decisions too! :lol:
Need 3 points on Boxing day though - no good putting in good performances at home and not getting the points.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

HarryofOz wrote:Somewhat lucky point against an out of form Forest.
Agree - we couldn't have complained if the result had ended up the same as Ipswich. The first half was awful, with too much hoof from the defence. Second half was a bit better, but we still cannot defend set pieces, or crosses coming in from wide.

Silvestri - 5 - Made some flamboyant saves (which he should have saved anyway), but still scares me to death with his punching / flapping at crosses.
Byram - 5 - Got murdered defending against Antonio, but showed good speed and touch getting forward. I still think he would be better as an out and out wing-back.
Pearce - 4 - Has lost his confidence. Cannot play on the right of a central defensive pair. Main proponent of the hoof clearance. Bellusci (despite my reservations) has to come back in when fit.
Cooper - 6 - Probably the best of the defenders, which doesn't say much, but he was reasonably solid and calm.
Warnock - 5 - Plays OK for an hour, then he seems to cramp up and get niggly injuries. He was roasted by Burke in the last 10.
Bianchi - 4 - Runs around a lot but has very little impact on the game. Didn't help out an exposed Byram. Completely lost Mancienne for their goal.
Adryan - 4 - Two or three mazy dribbles going nowhere. Too much of a luxury in this team, much like Bianchi.
Mowatt - 5 - Poor delivery in the 1st half, improved slightly in the 2nd half. Undoubtedly skilful, but I still have concerns about his stamina.
Cook - 8 - MOM by a country mile. Nearly everything good, both defending and attacking, came from him. Mature beyond his 17 years. I would like to see him play further forward, and make the most of his amazing acceleration.
Sharp - 5 - Worked hard, but he is not a left winger, and he always seems a fish out of water. Took the penalty well, and made a good connection with his only other chance provided by Cook.
Antenuuci - 5 - Frustrating day for the Ant. Worked hard, but no service, and not a single chance came his way. Didn't hold it up as well as he normally does.

Morison - 6 - Gave us something different. Won everything in the air and looked up for it for a change.
Doukara - 4 - One powerful snapshot aside, he was his usual inneffective self.
Tonge - 5 - Tried to organise, and release Cook, but his passing was wayward.

Redfearn - 5 - Talked pre-game about a new style of playing in away games and more resilience. I can't say that I saw anything different. Luck was the difference this time.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Forest v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Martyn »

On the whole my scores would be in line with Gandalf rather than Genghers, who was over generous I feel - a bit of early Christmas spirit? :wink:

We still look a poor team, with the glaring exception of Cook and, although not yesterday, Mowatt.

The linesmen deserve 10 out of 10 for gifting us that point, and if I were a Forest fan I'd be pretty pissed off.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Gandalf wrote: Agree - we couldn't have complained if the result had ended up the same as Ipswich. The first half was awful, with too much hoof from the defence. Second half was a bit better, but we still cannot defend set pieces, or crosses coming in from wide.

Silvestri - 5 - Made some flamboyant saves (which he should have saved anyway), but still scares me to death with his punching / flapping at crosses.
Byram - 5 - Got murdered defending against Antonio, but showed good speed and touch getting forward. I still think he would be better as an out and out wing-back.
Pearce - 4 - Has lost his confidence. Cannot play on the right of a central defensive pair. Main proponent of the hoof clearance. Bellusci (despite my reservations) has to come back in when fit.
Cooper - 6 - Probably the best of the defenders, which doesn't say much, but he was reasonably solid and calm.
Warnock - 5 - Plays OK for an hour, then he seems to cramp up and get niggly injuries. He was roasted by Burke in the last 10.
Bianchi - 4 - Runs around a lot but has very little impact on the game. Didn't help out an exposed Byram. Completely lost Mancienne for their goal.
Adryan - 4 - Two or three mazy dribbles going nowhere. Too much of a luxury in this team, much like Bianchi.
Mowatt - 5 - Poor delivery in the 1st half, improved slightly in the 2nd half. Undoubtedly skilful, but I still have concerns about his stamina.
Cook - 8 - MOM by a country mile. Nearly everything good, both defending and attacking, came from him. Mature beyond his 17 years. I would like to see him play further forward, and make the most of his amazing acceleration.
Sharp - 5 - Worked hard, but he is not a left winger, and he always seems a fish out of water. Took the penalty well, and made a good connection with his only other chance provided by Cook.
Antenuuci - 5 - Frustrating day for the Ant. Worked hard, but no service, and not a single chance came his way. Didn't hold it up as well as he normally does.

Morison - 6 - Gave us something different. Won everything in the air and looked up for it for a change.

Redfearn - 5 - Talked pre-game about a new style of playing in away games and more resilience. I can't say that I saw anything different. Luck was the difference this time.
How on earth you can give Doukara a 5 is beyond me?!

He was on the pitch for five minutes and had created probably our best chance to grab the winner at the end....
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Gandalf wrote: Agree - we couldn't have complained if the result had ended up the same as Ipswich. The first half was awful, with too much hoof from the defence. Second half was a bit better, but we still cannot defend set pieces, or crosses coming in from wide.

I saw at least one chance for the Ant...and I only watched part of the second half
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Martyn wrote:On the whole my scores would be in line with Gandalf rather than Genghers, who was over generous I feel - a bit of early Christmas spirit? :wink:

We still look a poor team, with the glaring exception of Cook and, although not yesterday, Mowatt.

The linesmen deserve 10 out of 10 for gifting us that point, and if I were a Forest fan I'd be pretty pissed off.
Those with a less positive persuasion can take one point off all my scores to make them closer to their feelings! :P
CptCrash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @foxobilly

Post by CptCrash »

Thought JP was as poor as he ever has been - turning into the new Matt Heath!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

At long last we have a bit of luck as we've had none whatsoever this season. We deserved a draw on our second-half performance after a awful first 45 minutes. How come do we have six defenders along the six-yard line with no men on the posts leaving their main striker oceans of space for a tap in ? What is Redfern doing with this lot on the training pitch? When the final whistle was blown it really felt like a win, a point at Forest was a bonus one, now it is essential we gain the three points v Wigan on Boxing Day or else yesterday's effort was meaningless !

Silvestri - made three decent saves although his flapping is a concern 7
Byram - great going forward winning the penalty as drove into the box, unfortunately Sam was poor defensively as Antonio gave him a torrid time, needed Bianchi to double up to numb the Forest winger 6
Pearce - League One defender....i'll say no more 3
Cooper - having Pearce playing alongside him isn't helping Liam's game, feel sorry for the lad. Won alot of headers 6
Warnock - our best defender this season & thought he looked quite solid7
Bianchi - completely lost Fryatt for the Forest goal, lost possession throughout the game. Real shame as Tommaso looked a quality player at the start of the season. Replace him with Tonge v Wigan 4
Cook - outstanding performance from a lad so young. Did well defensively, created chances with strong bursts in our counterattack moves. 9
Mowatt - one of Alex's poorest games of the season, some woeful corners 5
Adryan - our Brazilian who is three years older than Cook & needs to step upto the plate if he wishes to achieve the potential of Lewis. Nevertheless Adryan is full of promise & give us something different in midfield 6
Antenucci - not much service but had a shot saved by the goalies legs & made a superb diagonal run to slip the ball to Byram which created the penalty 6
Sharp - worked hard playing out of position, took his pen well. Was disgruntled with being subbed 6

Subs :

Morison - defended well from the front easing the pressure off our defence in the last 20 minutes 6
Tonge - steadied the ship when he came on 6
Doukara - decent shot forcing a good save from the Forest keeper
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CptCrash wrote:Thought JP was as poor as he ever has been - turning into the new Matt Heath!
Good comparison :tup:

Also reminds me of Neil Collins too

Problem is with Bellusci injured Redfern has to play peg-leg Pearce as we only have two unknown quantities as back up :(
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Watched the game in the local pub most agreed 1st half was very poor but good improvement 2nd half got very lucky with a couple of decisions which I have always said they even themselves out over the season.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Genghers wrote:

York I believe. I don't think he'll want to leave yet, he's in a young and improving team and, at 17, it's not like he'll be getting any games if he goes up a division.

If we keep Mowatt and Cook together in midfield and find ourselves a big lad to sit in behind them then I think we'd have a midfield to rival any in this league.
Thanks Genghers. The defensive midfielder (with an attacking flair to boot) is one of the most important components of a good side in my book.
I remember Owen Hargreaves at his best in an otherwise relatively poor England side in (I think) the 2006 World Cup. Gerrard, for all his bad press, has been great. Batty, now there's salivation.
If Cook's got the potential for that kind of presence I'm really excited at the prospect. Of course, if he doesn't have a talented side around him, he may be overwhelmed somewhat.