Leeds v Bolton : Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Bolton : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by HarryofOz »

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa three points

Sounded like a better first half though hanging on in the second.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Post by Drs.Dad »

Pheeeeewwwww!!! I don't give a toss if the goal had a hint of good fortune about it, I don't care if they put us under a lot of pressure 2nd half. The important thing is that we played as a team, held out for a clean sheet, and won a terrifically important 3 points. Only took us up a few places, but I didn't like the demotion places butting up against us like that!
Well done boys, and I look forward to hearing the match reports from our regulars!
:clap: :clap2:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Beckford getting crucified on twitter by Bolton fans! :roflmao:
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

Twiggster wrote:Beckford getting crucified on twitter by Bolton fans! :roflmao:
Spent all game waving at LUFC fans rather than concentrating on the game! :lol: :lol:
Dimboyslim
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dimboyslim »

Not only did we win, but we managed to keep 11 on the pitch! Result!
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Redfearn on playing Cook and Mowatt: "Managers make their own selections. I've got an unfair advantage because I really know these lads."

"The president asked me to help and I wasn't going to say no. I'll speak to him to see what's happening."

"This is what our young players should be doing. They should be lifting the level and the standard, pushing the seniors."

Good team selection by Redfearn! Really understands the club. That said, hope he only acts as caretaker. Probably the most (only?) consistently good thing we've had going for the club in the past half dozen years. He's doing a wonder with the youngsters regardless of what drama is happening elsewhere, head down and he knuckles on. It would probably be a tragedy to take him out of his position and risk him as Head Coach, in case it doesn't work out and we lose him completely. With Cook, Mowatt, Byram, Taylor, Dawson, Poleon and potentially others at one stage or another on their first team journey, his advice and input is critical.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
gessa

Post by gessa »

theleedsmango wrote:Redfearn on playing Cook and Mowatt: "Managers make their own selections. I've got an unfair advantage because I really know these lads."

"The president asked me to help and I wasn't going to say no. I'll speak to him to see what's happening."

"This is what our young players should be doing. They should be lifting the level and the standard, pushing the seniors."

Good team selection by Redfearn! Really understands the club. That said, hope he only acts as caretaker. Probably the most (only?) consistently good thing we've had going for the club in the past half dozen years. He's doing a wonder with the youngsters regardless of what drama is happening elsewhere, head down and he knuckles on. It would probably be a tragedy to take him out of his position and risk him as Head Coach, in case it doesn't work out and we lose him completely. With Cook, Mowatt, Byram, Taylor, Dawson, Poleon and potentially others at one stage or another on their first team journey, his advice and input is critical.

Totally agree. :tup:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Sky give the goal to Billy Sharp - then corrected :roflmao: Watch the goal HERE

I'm sure it was meant to be a cross? :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Twiggster wrote:Beckford getting crucified on twitter by Bolton fans! :roflmao:
1000's of Leeds fans voted Beckford for their MOTM on the Bolton O/S :lol: massive cheer when he came on

"He's Leeds & he knows he is" :sing:

Thanks Jermaine for missing a chance near the end of the game :clap2:
Last edited by 1964white on Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.Leeds
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DoctorLeeds

Leeds v Bolton : Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Dr.Leeds »

Twiggster wrote:Sky give the goal to Billy Sharp - then corrected :roflmao: Watch the goal HERE

I'm sure it was meant to be a cross? :lol:
Warnock has admitted to this.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

just about got home from the match after a few in the pavilion "leeds party" oh and a pork and stuffing sandwich lol.
The game started well with some quick passing and some good chances, then we got the goal and it started to get a bit sloppy. Then for some reason in the second half we started inviting Bolton on to us and by the end we was a little lucky to end the victors.
Silvestry was my man of the match he did a few quick saves in quick succession and boy does he know how to put on a show for the cameras and he enjoyed milking the crowd at the end of the game :-D :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Just what the doctor ordered :-D a mix of our new signings & academy kids with only Warnock, Pearce & Wootton from last seasons squad. We played some lovely football particularly in the first half with a young midfield consisting of Cook, Mowatt, Bianchi & Sloth all impressing. Cook is a real star in the making. Mowatt looks leaner & fitter. Bianchi is a clever player playing in a more central role today. Sloth also had a fine debut. A midfield that had energy & movement which is so pleasing to see. We've also found a leader in Bellusci who looked very assured & composed, finding time to dish out orders to the players around him. I take it he has a grasp of the English language as he made himself known to Wootton, Cook & Mowatt as he organised their defensive roles. Antenucci & Sharp worked tirelessly from the front. Our real star today though was our keeper Marco Silvestri who kept us in the game with a string of fine saves especially in the second half when it was a game of backs to the wall for the lads in white, defending with alot of determination & a desire to hold to a clean sheet. A game we'd have probably lost under similar pressure last season. 3 points & i'm a happy man :-D
The future is bright folks contrary to what the pessimists think !

Silvestri - 9.....MOTM
Wootton - 7
Pearce - 6
Bellusci - 8
Warnock - 7
Cook - 8
Bianchi - 7
Mowatt - 8
Sloth - 7
Antenucci - 7
Sharp - 7

Subs :

Taylor C - 7
Benedicic
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

Austin - not missed.
Murphy - not missed.
Byram (on this season's form) - not missed.
Lees - not missed.
McCormack - not missed.

A lovely refreshing team selection from Redfearn that showed this team has real potential (his hand was forced on some I know but this can only bode well if those that came in did the job). Really enjoyed the first half performance, moments of the second and of course the result.

Poor Hockaday - if only he'd had the balls to pick some young'uns. (I notice that Warnock only had good things to say about him though in his post match interview.)
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

El Es Six wrote:Poor Hockaday - if only he'd had the balls to pick some young'uns. (I notice that Warnock only had good things to say about him though in his post match interview.)
A hardworking, outright professional; spoke highly of by many in the game - including guys like Steve Clarke. Just was too much to ask of him to jump in the deep end. I would liken it to hiring Redfearn (assuming he hadn't been at the club) into the managers role - would struggle with it but that doesn't mean he isn't good at what he's doing. Wish him, like most of our previous managers, well. Never anything personal.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Had some glowing reports (YES - from pals at the game :nahnah: ), about how Bellusci took charge today on the pitch...intimidating BW players and barking orders to ours :tup: "a captain's performance", was one comment.

However, differing opinions regarding MOTM. Cook, Thylvethter or Mowatt.....

I'll go for Redders. Had the guts to dump the regular midfield wasters and bring in the kids! AND used width on the pitch, from what I heard on t'wireless. :tup:

Very important win for morale. 8-)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

El Es Six wrote:Austin - not missed.
Murphy - not missed.
Byram (on this season's form) - not missed.
Lees - not missed.
McCormack - not missed.

A lovely refreshing team selection from Redfearn that showed this team has real potential (his hand was forced on some I know but this can only bode well if those that came in did the job). Really enjoyed the first half performance, moments of the second and of course the result.

Poor Hockaday - if only he'd had the balls to pick some young'uns. (I notice that Warnock only had good things to say about him though in his post match interview.)
I for one didn't miss any of them too :-D
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

Twiggster wrote:Had some glowing reports (YES - from pals at the game :nahnah: ), about how Bellusci took charge today on the pitch...intimidating BW players and barking orders to ours :tup: "a captain's performance", was one comment.

However, differing opinions regarding MOTM. Cook, Thylvethter or Mowatt.....

I'll go for Redders. Had the guts to dump the regular midfield wasters and bring in the kids! AND used width on the pitch, from what I heard on t'wireless. :tup:

Very important win for morale. 8-)
Why "Thylvethter"?
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

andywatson wrote:
Why "Thylvethter"?

Jutht me being daft! :wink:
andywatson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by andywatson »

np :)
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

What a difference a week makes. My take on positivity has always been about Cellino doing the right thing, and he has. Cellino's the one who'll do what's needed, Hock was just his (now ex-) tool.
In Massimo we trust. Like GW though, I don't want, or wouldn't quite trust, promotion this season - I'd love us to win our last 3 games and finish 7th, or some such scenario.