Bradford City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Bradford City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster »

Gino 1959 wrote:Slowly - but surely - this club is being dragged down I fear to a point of no return.

Embarrassing performance and I just wonder what the Head Clown will have to say.
You don't want to hear it Gino. Delusion to the point of absurd...

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2428351-david- ... rview-lufc

:evil:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Cellino left after bratfud's 2nd - hopefully to draw up a P45. Or perhaps mix some concrete for hockaday's boots?
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Listened again.. he called Bradford "a mountain, we almost climbed" :shock: :roflmao: Get thee gone asshat! FFS! :roll:
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Hockaday describes watching someone jump off a cliff.

"Well, he had the right shoes for it, all his clothes were in place. He was really up for it and ran his heart out on the top. He got good height in his initial jump, but things went a bit down from there really, I can't explain why. But yeah, he got a good start and a nice jump, so I'm happy with the overall result. We just have to pick him up and try again next week."
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:Cellino left after bratfud's 2nd - hopefully to draw up a P45. Or perhaps mix some concrete for hockaday's boots?
It would be totally illogical to sack Hockaday after tonight.

Cellino's reason for not firing him after the Watford defeat was that it wasn't Hockaday's fault as he (Cellino) hadn't bought enough players for him. He hasn't bought any more since, so the same reasoning must apply.

Mind you, in Cellino's position I might consider asking Hockaday why he picks the likes of Norris ahead of the new Italian arrivals.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
MOTliam
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MOTliam »

Couldn't even watch the game on TV tonight due to being at a literature event (I know, but it was for a friend) however doesn't sound like it was worth watching. Something must be going wrong somewhere for us to be having so many sent off in such a short timespan?

Anyway performance aside ill still be making my first game of the season a the weekend to see a 'hopefully' resurgent Leeds side taking Bolton apart. No matter who the manager is and who the players are I wont be booing our team and we've been through hell these past years, lets keep on marching on together. I sometimes wonder where I get my positivity from!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Best comment tonight post game:
Thom Kirwin ‏@Thomkirwin
Don't know why I'm watching the game back now. It's like going back on the dodgems when you've already thrown up....a lot.

Says it all....
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

surely the only game you will EVER see, with both sets of fans singing "sacked in the morning" to a manager? :evil:
FOK OFF HOCK!
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Redknapp holds up his hands and says his side were crap.

Hockaday?

Can't ask any more of his players.

Fitness levels were super.

Team shape and work ethic excellent.

And lost.

Again.

Totally clueless and taking the bloody mick.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Hockady f@@k off now and Cellino is another clueless prick, I'm over it, this club is an embarrassment to it's loyal fans.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Gino 1959 wrote:Redknapp holds up his hands and says his side were crap.

Hockaday?

And lost.

Again.

Redknapp is a teflon manager, nothing sticks. He has taken Southampton and QPR down, left Portsmouth in a mess and at best did an average to good job at Spurs. The blame always lies elsewhere, the chairman, the players etc - never good ol' Harry.

The side, barring Murphy deserve a lot of credit. When you look around and see that 6 Premiership sides have crashed out it tells you something about how lower teams raise their games, MK Dons beating MU, Villa and QPR losing etc. Our players worked their socks off after the dismissal and in my opinion only dropped their levels after thinking we'd won. Compare that to tame defeats v Histon, Rochdale and many other poor cup performaces of recent years.

Yes I was disappointed that the team picked contained 7 of last year's squad. I want to see the new boys, especiially Benandicic but I guess Hockaday was wary of doing a MU and he wanted to pick players who knew that the opoosition would be up for it and players that wouldn't see it as a glorified friendly.

Am I disappointed by the result, of course I am. Were all the teams that Bradford beat on their route to the final disappointed? This is a funny competition and I am more concerned about performance and ultimately that was hard to judge due to the Murphy sending off. Before that I thought we were the better side and looked cmfortable.

Is there any need for the over the top wailing? Were MU derailed when York beat them 3-0 many moons ago? I see signs in this team of character, maybe too much desire at times and I am behind them 100%. WIll they win ever game, no, will they lose stupidly, yes, but hey ho this is the start of something, not the finished article.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Nice weighted chip from Norris for big Mat to power home a header
and I was overjoyed cos I thought with ten men we are going to win this.
Then they go and score a couple in the space of 3 minutes and there I was
repeatedly doing the ALS ice bucket challenge.

But we did not roll over. From a free kick big Mat powered in for a header
and the ball went narrowly over the bar, and a few moments later
Poleon in a goal mouth scramble should have put it away and in my
opinion the goalkeepers challenge on him was worth a penalty.

With red cards and injuries the team will soon pick itself with no intervention
from Hockaday, cos only certain players will be eligible to play.
I wonder if we will play better with a random team selected by fate
rather than the coach or whoever does the selecting.

I am beyond despair. Usually after consecutive defeats I brood
and feel sorry, but tonight I went to bed numbed. It has gone beyond hope.
That big ship Hockaday is trying to turn around is going down.
He is the captain on the bridge of the Titanic.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Gino 1959 wrote:Redknapp holds up his hands and says his side were crap.

Hockaday?

And lost.

Again.

This :tup:

Whilst I have some sympathy for Hockaday in as much as he is completely toothless and, if reports are to be believed, only 2 of the 11 or so new faces were his choices, he is hugely out of his depth. And, from his soundbites, not a little deluded. Don't blame him for taking the job (who wouldn't?), I blame Cellino for hiring him in the first place. Until he wises up to the fact that the 'coach' idea doesn't work in English football, we will continue to be a direction-less mess on the pitch. Players expect, and need (I think), a manager, someone with complete control over all matters relating to the football side of the club. Not someone who's handed disparate pieces of a jigsaw and told to create some kind of masterpiece. I don't think MC is a stupid man, so perhaps the penny will drop sooner rather than later but, until he stops trying to head in his own corners and relinquishes some control to a proper 'manager', it'll be more of the same, I'm afraid
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Thought Norris had a good game, looked well up for it. Miles better than Austin anyway!!

Smith looked dangerous, did exactly what a big striker should.

Sharpe didnt get involved.

Warnock dodgy as at the back,, lost his man numouers times then lost his name for there winner.

Pearce looked pretty solid, and un troubled for much of the game, dealt with there main threat very well. (Until Warnock lost him for the winner)

Murphey just stupid, two ridicules sunday morning tackles, lucky to have even been given a second chacne as 9 times out of 10 his first would have a straight red.

Again punished by stupid mistakes. To which really you cant blame Hock for however his is the manager and will have to take the blame...... I mean 4 reds already,,,,, whats the story there,,, are teh players trying to get him sacked???!!!!
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Bradford City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Martyn »

becchio bear wrote:
I agree with this. I do think subs should have been made earlier. The reffing was appalling imo. Initially having looked at the team I thought wtf!! However, I do think the change of goalie was good for this game, some of the players did ok but subs should have been made. :bear:
The ref was fine.

He was right about Murphy, although he could have given him a straight red for the first reckless lunge and he was right about the Poleon "penalty".

May as well send Benedicic back to Milan, if he is below Norris in the pecking order then we don't want him.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Feeling somewhat deflated & disappointed after we looked to have nicked a win in the last five minutes
We were looking comfortable up until the sending off and well in control of the game. Murphy is the only one who will know what he was thinking. The only person to take the blame is himself. The manager and Captain can do nothing about those sort of challenges once the players take to the pitch although you have to question the discipline within our ranks with four sending offs in our first six games, we've had more red cards than shots on target :shock:
We adjusted well when going down to ten men, everyone put a shift in. You can't really make changes when you are looking comfortable with ten men, specially when there is so much to lose and pressure on. Although Hock should have made one crucial change as soon as we scored bringing on a player on to bolster up the midfield in the last few minutes.
Maybe having someone like the tigerish Cook or Benedicic on the park would have stemed City's glorious equaliser. From then on there was only one winner as we capitulated under pressure as tired legs set in. Bringing on Poleon once the horse had bolted was born out of desperation, both Smith & Poleon should have tied the game at 2-2 had they been more clinical in front of goal in the added-on time period
We seriously lack pace in the team & leaders on & off the pitch which needs to be readdressed quickly. Naivety & stupidity lost that game last night

As for our wonderful fans many speak about, a section of them should be ashamed of themselves as they broke up plastic seats & were hurling them towards the front of our own fans & onto the pitch & one piece actually just missed a Bradford player, had that player been hit & injured from these stupid acts of unnecessary behaviour, LUFC could have been looking at serious reprecussions this morning. One idiot behind us stamped on a seat & flung it onto the pitch, i turned around & asked him "what the hell is he doing" of course he & his cowardly mates just laughed at me....TWATS !!
Thousands of our fans are brain-dead & inbeciles....Bates was correct when he called them morons !

Taylor - 8
Wootton - 7
Pearce - 7
Cooper - 7
Warnock - 7
Murphy - 0
Bianchi - 7
Norris - 7
Tonge - 6
Smith - 7
Sharp - 6
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Except that Bates didn't call them morons for breaking seats.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Guildford White wrote:
The ref was fine.

He was right about Murphy, although he could have given him a straight red for the first reckless lunge and he was right about the Poleon "penalty".

May as well send Benedicic back to Milan, if he is below Norris in the pecking order then we don't want him.
I was stood right in line about twenty yards away from both Murphy tacles, i called a red card for the first one immediately to my friends around me, couldn't believe it when the ref produced a yellow card, silly bugger didn't get away with it for a 2nd time though....what the hell was Murphy doing....RECKLESS !!
Last edited by 1964white on Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote:Except that Bates didn't call them morons for breaking seats.
I know but we still have a section of moronic supporters who can't hold their drink or restrain their emotions & are prepared to put their own fans in dangerous compromising situations with their foolhardy reckless behaviour. Sorry Harry those actions are not acceptable & part of supporting your team !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Guildford White wrote:
The ref was fine.

I disagree. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.