Bradford City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Velotrax

Re: Bradford City v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Velotrax »

Twiggster wrote:
Me - if it is another nail in that forest green twat's coffin...
:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:Me - if it is another nail in that forest green twat's coffin...
I have no idea how any self-respecting fan of any team could ever want their team to lose...
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Do Austin & class go together :wink:
Velotrax wrote:Yes mate if you add poor, or piss
Rudy is the Tom Lees of midfield. He had a much better game vs. Brighton than either Murphy or Tonge and yet most of the post match comments were about how poor he was (although I think you stuck up for him in that game, Leon?)!

His long range passing was excellent in that game, and he even managed to trick his way past a couple of players before pssing to Tonge, who lost the ball...

He has his faults, but I would say he offers us more than Tonge or Norris do!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:
Rudy is the Tom Lees of midfield. He had a much better game vs. Brighton than either Murphy or Tonge and yet most of the post match comments were about how poor he was (although I think you stuck up for him in that game, Leon?)!

His long range passing was excellent in that game, and he even managed to trick his way past a couple of players before pssing to Tonge, who lost the ball...

He has his faults, but I would say he offers us more than Tonge or Norris do!
I did Genghers, I even made him my MOTM as I'm generally fair when I assess players but that was one decent 45 minutes mixed in with many poor performances. I hear his average form returned at Watford last Saturday, there is no consistency with Austin's game apart from poor over a season !
yorkshiremackem
First Team
First Team

Post by yorkshiremackem »

I'd play

taylor
wooton pearce cooper
berardi Warnock
cook
bianchi Austin
smith sharp

wingback :tup:
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Surely this is the perfect game to give benedicic a run out ? After this amount of weeks if hes "still not fit" as i keep seeing banded around then i have serious doubts about him.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Brader wrote:Surely this is the perfect game to give benedicic a run out ? After this amount of weeks if hes "still not fit" as i keep seeing banded around then i have serious doubts about him.
I reckon he'll play a part. I hope some of the younger players, like Dawson, Mowatt and Cook, will get some more time.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Team vs Bradford: S Taylor, Wootton, Pearce, Cooper, Warnock, Tonge, Murphy, Bianchi, Norris, Smith, Sharp. #lufc

Subs. Silvestri, C Taylor, Cook, Poleon, Antenucci, Ajose, Benedicic #lufc
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Wooton RB presumably - no Berardi though?

Norris in there to be put in the shop window? No pace through that midfield at all...
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Berardi injured.

Disappointed to not have more youth in the squad - at least Cook starting instead of Norris.
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote:Time to do something drastic with our midfield, we need runners & energy from the engine-room
I had a wry smile, when I first saw this, as Austin was the only current midfield incumbent who could provide these. Now he is dropped for Norris - Oh dear.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Super duper! Another red card.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Dear oh dear.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

So far one win vs. Accrington Stanley and a squeak of a win against boro.

Also a string of shocking performances (overall, I admit there have been nice patches) and FOUR red cards already.

I dunno what Hock thinks he's coaching them, but it's a LONG way from working.

He's had his chance and his time to get the team gelled. Time to go now with his tail between his legs.
kopcat36
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by kopcat36 »

What the hell has happened to my beloved leeds??? before kick off i were saying how its never boring being leeds, but what wouldn't i give for a comfortable and boring 2-0 win, i was 50-50 on hockaday but is blindingly obvious even to my girlfriend how inept he is, and she supports bloody Torquay... oh and hi all :)
El Es Six
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by El Es Six »

Hockaday can not be responsible for the sendings off and so when down to 10 I don't think it's fair for him to be judged too much for the results - Murphy cost us this game and our new defender cost us the last more than anyone else. That said I'm still not in anyway convinced by Hockaday. I also wonder who on earth would take up his position of working for a Cellino if he went. And although he probably is getting the sack the whole thing is a mess that starts at the top. Cellino needs a rethink on how to run things.
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

El Es Six wrote:Hockaday can not be responsible for the sendings off and so when down to 10 I don't think it's fair for him to be judged. That said I'm still not in anyway convinced by him. I also wonder who on earth would take up his position of working for a Cellion if he went. And although he probably is getting the sack the whole thing is a mess that starts at the top. Cellino needs a rethink on how to run things.
You can certainly blame the coach's instructions and training when you have 4 red cards in such a short time. His tactics and play style determine the majority of what happens on the pitch. I could forgive 1 or 2 red cards and dismiss it as unfortunate, but four reds for four different players in such a short time is a strong indicator that something is wrong at the ground level, and that means Hockaday.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

El Es Six wrote:Hockaday can not be responsible for the sendings off and so when down to 10 I don't think it's fair for him to be judged. That said I'm still not in anyway convinced by him. I also wonder who on earth would take up his position of working for a Cellion if he went. And although he probably is getting the sack the whole thing is a mess that starts at the top. Cellino needs a rethink on how to run things.
I agree with this. I do think subs should have been made earlier. The reffing was appalling imo. Initially having looked at the team I thought wtf!! However, I do think the change of goalie was good for this game, some of the players did ok but subs should have been made. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

Slowly - but surely - this club is being dragged down I fear to a point of no return.

Embarrassing performance and I just wonder what the Head Clown will have to say.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

mmmmm not the result I was hoping for. To be down to 10 men again and to go ahead thanks to a header by Smith to then get slack at the back falling asleep within a minute or two they score and its all up in the air again.
What do we do with Hock? Well I don't know, do we give him a bit more time because I really don't think we need to panic just yet. If we do get shut who will we get? One things for sure its never boring being a leeds fan :shock: