Barnsley v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Barnsley v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Twiggster »

WOOT! What a cracking goal! Watch it HERE :shirt: :clap:
Cozy
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Cozy »

theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

becchio bear wrote:
I'm thinking it is more Cellino turning it around! Starting with McDermott being told to wear a tracksuit rather than a suit as more befits a "coach"!! :bear:
We haven't turned into a great side overnight, but I always said the uncertainty over the background running of the club was impacting on the results, despite some shovelling the blame firmly at Brian's feet. I would say Cellino's passion has helped fire the team up a bit, but it's common knowledge Brian wore a tracksuit on his own terms (albeit at the wish of his daughter allegedly) and some have went as far to say that GFH requested Brian wore a suit, given it wasn't his choice of attire at Reading. But that's rumoured territory with no grounds of proof, just like the theory that Brian's tracksuit is of Cellino's doing.

Brian's results at the start of the season with average team - good
Brian's results midway through the season with average team when club was in turmoil - poor
Brian's results at the end of the season with average team and club back to normality - good?

If he finishes the season off well, and my simultaneous equations are correct, Brian with abit of money to put together a good squad, with a stable backroom and a solid budget should 100% be given a chance.

Brian, you couldn't turn s**t into a diamond, you might have better chance with graphite, pressure and a bit of time.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I wasn't looking forward to today's game, due to our annual Oakwell trashing, but delighted to have been proven wrong :-D A good performance from the team today, looking more confident than the last few weeks, though Barnsley barely tested us. Hopefully we can pick up a couple more wins and end the season on a high note.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Great to see you posting again, SG90 :tup:

VERY happy to have hopefully broken the barnslah jinx, even if we didn't destroy them. Not to win at a crap club like that since 1997 is a disgrace.
Ross now on course to beat John Giles' record of 30 goals in a season for Leeds - and with him scoring that genius goal today, who'd bet against him doing so? 8-)

Yes, we should have ripped a poor Barnsley side apart, but our lads are seemingly only just getting their confidence back - I hope!

Forest is going to be a big test for our lads and I hear Cellino is flying over for the game. So with the Boss scrutinising them and sky cameras on them, I hope the team can be just that. A team, for once.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:Great to see you posting again, SG90 :tup:

VERY happy to have hopefully broken the barnslah jinx, even if we didn't destroy them. Not to win at a crap club like that since 1997 is a disgrace.
Ross now on course to beat John Giles' record of 30 goals in a season for Leeds - and with him scoring that genius goal today, who'd bet against him doing so? 8-)

Yes, we should have ripped a poor Barnsley side apart, but our lads are seemingly only just getting their confidence back - I hope!

Forest is going to be a big test for our lads and I hear Cellino is flying over for the game. So with the Boss scrutinising them and sky cameras on them, I hope the team can be just that. A team, for once.
Nonsense.

The most goals John Giles got in a season was 13, in 1969-70 and again in 1970-71.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

If you know your history :sing:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Though it was odd when Brian said post game

“He gets goals that win you matches 1-0 or 2-1,” said his manager, Brian McDermott, who remarked that McCormack was as good a goalscorer as he had ever worked with. "If he notches one more, he will become the first Leeds player since John Giles to score 30 times in a season..."

Must have misheard his crap southern accent. Thirheen sounds like thirhee :lol:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:Though it was odd when Brian said post game

“He gets goals that win you matches 1-0 or 2-1,” said his manager, Brian McDermott, who remarked that McCormack was as good a goalscorer as he had ever worked with. "If he notches one more, he will become the first Leeds player since John Giles to score 30 times in a season..."

Must have misheard his crap southern accent. Thirheen sounds like thirhee :lol:
More like Giles sounds like Charles.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

anyroad - Ross has scored more than Norwich this season! :tup:

Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:anyroad - Ross has scored more than Norwich this season! :tup:

My favourite stat from match of the day last night is that Sunderland have scored more goals at St. James' Park than Newcastle have this season! :lol:
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Speaking of stats;
Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP 14h
Stats are stats but last weekend's win over Blackpool was the first time in 38 games that Leeds won a game without McCormack scoring
And if you took away Ross' goals for the season, we'd lose out on 27 points and would be bottom of the league by a considerable amount - assuming neither Hunt or Smith would replace his tally of goals.

Nevertheless, the guy is an abomination, a poison to our team and must be sold whatever the price.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
alessio89
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by alessio89 »

good victory

finally we reached those points necessary that we needed to protect us from potential danger
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

theleedsmango wrote:Speaking of stats;

And if you took away Ross' goals for the season, we'd lose out on 27 points and would be bottom of the league by a considerable amount - assuming neither Hunt or Smith would replace his tally of goals.

Nevertheless, the guy is an abomination, a poison to our team and must be sold whatever the price.

you mean like all those goals we didn't score the season after we didn't replace Beckford...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

faaip wrote: you mean like all those goals we didn't score the season after we didn't replace Beckford...
Exactly those. And just like when Beckford was here, I didn't want our star striker to leave and thoroughly appreciated his input. Maybe Hunt would step up to the plate, and he'd get my 100% backing.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

theleedsmango wrote:

Why do you think that ?
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

billie1 wrote:
Why do you think that ?
I think your irony filter must be malfunctioning billie
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

Guildford White wrote:
I think your irony filter must be malfunctioning billie
I've reread it ! Thanks for the tip off GW ! :oops: